Reina Madre Hostel Reviews

Tomas Manuel de Anchorena 1118, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Really clean hostel at a good location. Staff was helpfull but not very social, as well as the other guests.

Stayed a total of one week. Loved it. The staff are amazing. The hostel is always clean. Great roof top patio to chill on. Nice beds and spacious rooms. There are several different areas to relax in and to socialize with others. Great location. Towels included and changed every few days. The cleaning staff work so hard to keep the place clean they even make the beds every morning. Wifi always worked. Amazing hostel one of the best I have ever stayed in. 4 stars, highly recommend staying here.

The bathrooms are plentiful and yet super private, it's pretty great--they get humid, but it's such a luxury to have a private bathroom. The staff is wonderful--I got evicted by an unethical landlord and had to stay here a second time, and the hostel owner commiserated with me about the sketchy BA housing market. Everything was clean and well-kept. Just enough liveliness that you can still get good sleep. Location isn't super close to touristy stuff, but I wanted to be in Recoleta for school.

Excellent hostel! I loved Alberto, the owner. He was very nice and super helpful. The hostel is close to markets and Subte stops on Santa Fe. Breakfast was nothing special. Kitchen is clean, well equipped and very organized with drawers for your stuff. Rooftop terrace is great. There were also plentiful bathrooms, I never, ever had to wait for a shower. Very clean too! Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Buenos Aires that wants to get out of the typical downtown/San Telmo area.

Good hostel with a great location, nice atmosphere and lovely staff. Dorm was clean and I'm thankful for the great air conditioning. Enjoyed the asado at the rooftop and my total time here. Saludos cordiales.

I can't fault this hostel, I stayed for nearly 2 weeks. Location is perfect for exploring BA next to a nice park and near Santa Fe road with shops and the subway/buses. Hot showers, big lockers, 24hr buzzer to get in, fast internet, everything you want from a hostel. Roof terrace is great bonus and friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended.

Christmas in a strange city and Alberto and his staff made us feel welcome and included. We had a great communal barbecue on Christmas eve on the roof top garden with the city fireworks and lovely warm air. For anyone who wants a civilised stay in a great city then Reine Madre is the place. The hostel is a traditional house in a quiet area with plenty of communal areas. Alberto speaks English and as a local man is a fount of information. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

Had a great time, no problems at all.

I arrived at 5am on my arrival day and they've told me I can't wait in the living room, I had to go outside and come back about 10am. Then when cancelled my reserve I had to pay for days I didnt use plus the fee for hostel.com because they say I had to pay it! The worst service ever, I dont recommend this place. I paid for having my lugagge 1 day 80%of the rate I was expected and they've told me it was a favour becAuse I should have paid the whole amount! Don't go!

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Peru

This hostel is just great ! There's no flaw in this hostel. Lovely living room with balcony, super helpful and well-considered staff (When I find some information like how to get to the fluvial terminal etc., I could get a very helpful information in detail from the counter and it was just as he said !) and cleanly maintained restroom in abundance etc. I was fully satisfied with this hostel !

Staff were very helpful apart from the night porter. It got very noisy a couple of nights that we stayed, yet he did nothing about it. I had to go out and ask people who were shouting and laughing directly outside 4 rooms to quiet down myself. The bedding smelt dusty and was very old and dated. A young staff sat at reception looked up a flight of stairs and up my girlfriends skirt - even after she noticed and got eye contact he continued. Awkward for her after that. Breakfast poor.

• 3rd Nov 2014