Reina Madre Hostel Reviews

Tomas Manuel de Anchorena 1118, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Christmas in a strange city and Alberto and his staff made us feel welcome and included. We had a great communal barbecue on Christmas eve on the roof top garden with the city fireworks and lovely warm air. For anyone who wants a civilised stay in a great city then Reine Madre is the place. The hostel is a traditional house in a quiet area with plenty of communal areas. Alberto speaks English and as a local man is a fount of information. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

Had a great time, no problems at all.

I arrived at 5am on my arrival day and they've told me I can't wait in the living room, I had to go outside and come back about 10am. Then when cancelled my reserve I had to pay for days I didnt use plus the fee for hostel.com because they say I had to pay it! The worst service ever, I dont recommend this place. I paid for having my lugagge 1 day 80%of the rate I was expected and they've told me it was a favour becAuse I should have paid the whole amount! Don't go!

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Peru

This hostel is just great ! There's no flaw in this hostel. Lovely living room with balcony, super helpful and well-considered staff (When I find some information like how to get to the fluvial terminal etc., I could get a very helpful information in detail from the counter and it was just as he said !) and cleanly maintained restroom in abundance etc. I was fully satisfied with this hostel !

Staff were very helpful apart from the night porter. It got very noisy a couple of nights that we stayed, yet he did nothing about it. I had to go out and ask people who were shouting and laughing directly outside 4 rooms to quiet down myself. The bedding smelt dusty and was very old and dated. A young staff sat at reception looked up a flight of stairs and up my girlfriends skirt - even after she noticed and got eye contact he continued. Awkward for her after that. Breakfast poor.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Fine hostel near Palermo, Recoletta and Downtown.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels