Reiter Hotel Reviews

Gran Viale S.M.E. 57/b - lido, Venice, Italy

Great hostel, Jonny was really friendly and helpful with our stay. He gave us a map and all the information we could ever need about how to get to all the sites in Rome, and even upgraded our room for free. We will definitely stay there again if we return to Rome!

Stayed for two nights. The hotel is on a different island called Lido but that's not a problem since we travelled using the Rolling Venice pass which entitled us to a 3-day unlimited travels on public transport around Venice (which was really worth it btw). Hotel within walking distance to Lido station and easy to find. Staff was really friendly, dedicated and very easy to communicate with. Bathroom was spotless and deserves many thumbs up. For the price, the hotel is awesome.

Location was about a 45 minute boat ride from Venice. I didn't realize the extent of that before booking. If I ever return to Venice, which I hope to because it is so incredibly lovely, I'd stay more central. Our room was also freezing. Stayed in my winter gear while in the room, which was unfortunate because it was also freezing outside.

It's really a pain in the butt to get here and back, so I barely stayed, but I guess you get what you pay for.

A nice place, very good for those staying two nights in Venice. It's necessary to ride the water bus everyday, but that's not a problem: the trip is short and enjoyable. The trips may cost a bit of money, but there are two important things to notice: to sail through the main channel of Venice you'll have to buy a ticket anyway; also, if you're a young traveler (younger than 29 years old), you may buy the Rolling Venice Guide + a 72-hour transport ticket for 24 Euro. Older people pay 40 Euro.

Good for the price. Close to the ferry to the main island and back to the airport. The wifi is slow, though, and we didn't have hot water one night we were there.

Good hotel, very clean, quiet and comfortable. But is quite far, and the boats are very very expensive.

A little expensive paying for the boat to get to Venice every day... but beautiful trip though!!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

The wi-fi wasn't good enough. I liked the apartment and the cleanliness. However the hostel is located in a island and you will have to take a bout (7€) to go downtown.

Decent rooms, nice location. Not in central Venice, but easy enough to get there. For the price, very hard to beat.

A wonderful little hotel on the island of Lido! For 15 euros a night I was incredibly happy with our stay. You have to take the waterbus to get to Venice but it was fun and part of the adventure. The waterbuses are really easy to navigate so no problem there! The internet only worked in the lobby but we were out all the time so it didn't really matter that much. The hotel owner was really nice and spoke English very well. Would definitely recommend

• 6th Nov 2014

Near the boats, shops, near the beach at Lido. Staff very helpful.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This was a great place to stay as far as accommodation, worst part about it was the location. It is located on a different island than the main area of Venice. It was a 14 Euro round trip water bus to get to and from the hotel to venice/the train station or bus station. Although the room was great, clean and cheap, it became expensive after having to take the water bus to the mainland. I would recommend this place for someone wanting to just spend 1 or 2 nights in Venice.

Overall a great experience. We got there late and they were very helpful and accomodating. The location was very convenient maybe a 3 minute walk to the boat over to Venice. Definitely would recommend this place!

I had a wonderful stay! The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room is cozy and for it's location in lido and price it is a great deal. It is close to the boats that take you anywhere in Venice, murano, burano, etc. It is also close to a beach of Lido if you walk in the opposite direction of the boats on the main street. I enjoyed my stay here!

• 29th Sep 2014

Friendly proprieter, location just what I wanted, room was great, sheets, shower, soap & towels all great - only breakfast for €5 not enough choice but I don't really care about that sort of thing.

• 4th Sep 2014

The perfect location if you visit Venice! The hotel is friendly, clean, nice size rooms. If you are looking for a room just to sleep and bath in and you don't want to spend a lot I certainly recommend the Reiter.

Nice Hotel at Venezia Lido. The Location is not to far from the city center and there is a boat every 5 minutes.(If you under 29 an unlimited ticket costs only 18 euro, if you are older it can get quite expensive!!) The beach is in 3 min. walking distance and it is clean and free. The Hotel is nice and clean but nothing special. In the rooms on the 3rd foor is no air-conditioning, thus in summer it is realy hot in the room.

There was a very nice man in the staff who gave us directions and had a great sense of humor.

Room was not bad. but that had something strange smell....