Reiter Hotel Reviews

Gran Viale S.M.E. 57/b - lido, Venice, Italy

Was the 3rd time that I stayed in the hotel - really good location easy to reach, good facilities, cleanliness,staff kind - nop issues.

To get there and downtown get a "rolling venice" 3-day vaporetto card, which is otherwise also very useful in Venice. Nice hotel with very friendly staff!

• 11th Nov 2015

It was really good hostel and owner I recommend everyone to stay here. It is a hotel but really nice and the island which hotel is located is really great and better than staying in Mestre.

It is a little far from Venice and the ferry ride is kind of expensive but a cute place.

Definitely worths what you payed for. If you have the vaporetto ticket of unlimited use this place is easy to get to, yet away from the main tourist attractions so really quiet and you can sleep well. A big Conad supermarket and a nice bar around. Would stay here again.

I loved that it was off the main island, because it felt a lot safer during the night (we went during Halloween, so there were parties) when we entered. Also, the beach 3 mins away is beautiful and definitely worth a visit! The decor is old and vintage-y, but I liked the vibe. It felt like staying in a small, old hotel in the 40's or something. The staff was very sweet and helpful. There is a big grocery near by (Conad's) in between the hotel and the dock.

excellent location for running the 24 km along the beach at lido. the beach is within walking distance: 5 minutes on foot. across the road is the impressive liberty hotel where biennale collaterals are held. You can walk in and just sit around: you feel you are back in an old film with barock chairs, paisley trapestry, blurred glasses and creeking parket. the hotel itself overlooks south and a pedestrian road, so you go to sleep and wake up quietly. Breakfast is avarage.

• 20th Oct 2015

Good budget hotel. In terms of luxury it may fall behind hotels in this price category in other places, but this is Venice. I actually liked its atmosphere: the hotel has character and history. Rooms were ensuite and spacey enough, beds were comfortable and everything is being cleaned, made and restocked every morning. Staff too was lovely and had many stories to tell. The hotel is a 10-15 min vaparetto ride and a 200 m walk away from piazza San Marco; big supermarket very near by.

We stayed at the 4th floor (room 310). No lift, so it was a lot of flights of stairs. Wifi was fine, beds were fine (although there were two twin beds put together in the middle, so it wasn't a queen size bed lol). Also, it was the very end of the boat taxis (forget what you call them), but it was easy to find where to go to, thanks to the hostel directions. Main thing was shower not...working. It had the cord/spigot, but you couldn't attach it somewhere, so one hand was always busy holding

Upon my opinion The Reiter Hotel is a pleasant place to stay if you prefer a nice and quiet place to spend you holidays but if you want to visite as much as possible all the islands of the lagoon, Lido is to far the seesights and you should better stay in San Marco.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Romania

The good side of the hotel is actually its location. Even though it's on Lido, it takes 15 minutes to reach San Marco by vaporetto, while it takes 45 minutes to reach it from a hotel on the main island, but say next to the St Lucia train station. The hotel itself needs some renovation. The room was noisy from the street traffic and there was no hot water in the evenings. The room was reasonably big however and clean. The internet worked fine.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Staying in Lido is the right choice if you're going to Venice. You're minutes from the beach and away from all the madness of Venice proper. Reiter Hotel was affordable, conveniently located, and quaint. I felt compelled to review this hotel because the staff is amazing. I left my $250 headphones in the hotel room when I checked out, and only realized when I was already on my way out of the city. The hotel staff found them and sent them back to me. Thank you, Reiter Hotel! Would stay again.

We were two girlfriends in vacation for the biennale. We had a quite strange welcome because at the check-in we were asked to pay the bill which I found quite unpolite. However the clerk told us it was a mandatory field in hostelworld.com. i replied that I have had previews experiences and never got the urge to pay at the check-in. Quite unusual behaviour and not really creating a trust approach. So I paid. All over the rest it was a good and clean place. I would recommend it for sure.

Good sized rooms with big beds. Shower could have been of better quality and there was no lift and a lot of stairs. Overall a good place to stay for a basic room. Very clean - rooms were cleaned daily. Good location, only a ten minute boat journey to St Marks Square with regular boat buses and lots of shops, bars and restaurants in Lido

The Reiter Hotel met our requirements, and was perfectly fine for a couple nights stay in Venice. The host was kind and hospitable to our late arrivals each night.

• 16th Aug 2015