Republika Hostel Reviews

Rua Porto das Oficinas, 8944, Ponta Negra, Natal., Natal, Brazil

The location is perfect, staff kind, nice environment in common areas, a very good hostel!

Well placed hostel for exploring ponta negra. Clean rooms/bathrooms/kitchen. Relaxing communal areas. Only criticism is that we were encouraged to book an airport transfer 30 minutes later than we had wanted to, but we did not leave at this time. The member of staff who took us was sleeping, and was not woken until 10 minutes after our transfer time. This could be avoided though by allowing an extra 15 mins when booking your airport transfer (cheaper than taxi).

Anderson and team are lovely. Great hostel, very clean and a really friendly atmosphere. We had a great stay!

Brilliant hostel. 4.5/5. Only improvements would be to have WiFi in the rooms rather than just communal area and not have to pay for the towels ( deposit fair enough but a fee seems slightly stingy!) Otherwise cannot fault staff, room, atmosphere, facilities.

The staff was extremely helpful. Close proximity to shopping, beach, and bars. The area seemed safe and was also well lit. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Natal.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel! Shower drain was blocked for the two nights that I was in the dorm room. We told the staff. but nothing was done about it, resulting in a flooded bathroom floor everytime someone took a shower. One of the male staff members during the evening seemed disinterested in helping me when I dealt with him. He was too busy having a beer and chatting with other staff. Annie was amazing!! She was so lovely and helpful to all the guests, creating a very friendly and hospitable environment.

great place ! I would definitely go there again, really nice persons

Very friendly staff and a nice location in Natal. It is easy to walk a few blocks up to take the bus anywhere in Natal. Additionally, it is only about a ten minute walk from the beach. Clean hostel. The common area isn't too large, but it sufficed. There is a small bar in the common area which was nice for socializing. The 'happening' street with a lot of bars is only a few minute cab ride away.

Very nice and helpful staff. We stayed first in a en suite double which was very spacious and comnfortable. We then stayted in a double (shared bathroom). This was bit dilapidated (e.g. rusted coat / towel hook) and what seemed just one bathroom/toilet combined for a number of rooms so often busy, loo roll running out and didn't stay clean long after the cleaner had been round. A bit away from main ponta negra bar/restaurant area but near the beach and main road to get busses/cabs to everywhere.

great location, close to beaches and walking distance to public transportation.

• 12th Jun 2014

Best party hostel . The staff was absolutely great .

i stayed in a 4 dorm room and it was fantastic, great hostel, great vibe, great breakfast and helpful staff. would definitely recommend and stay here again

Very nice and clean hostel. Good atmosphere and the staff is really helpful. Definitly a place I would go back to!

• 9th Jun 2014

This place is the jam. Anderson is super accommodating , and knows what's what. They hooked up airport transfers, always knew where the party was going to be, connected for activities. Stay here.

Great experience! Would definitely stay there again

The hostel was under construction for the world cup and the building work was taking over but seems like a very nice hostel and when its ready I'm sure it will be good

• 20th May 2014

Unfortunately the hostel was in the works for expansion of accommodation, so I could not enjoy the atmosphere that he could offer, and I heard about it. The location is quite good, in a quiet street and easy access to basic services such as transport, market and beach. All very simple and clean. Good breakfast. Relative to the staff, it was excelent and very fexible with the demands i had. Thank you and hope to come back soon to live good moments there.

Comfortable stay, staff friendly and location was 5 minutes from the beach. The kitchen equipment is very lacking We were let down with the walking tours two days in a row as they didn't turn up. We were given great advice on places to visit including the lagoon in Tabatinga.

Cozy hostel, friendly manager and comforting ambiance!

I really liked my stay there in Republika Hostel. The atmosphere is beautiful and very relaxed. Everything was very clean and new and chosen with love. The beds are comfortable and I wasn't feared of a broken bed. The staff was were nice and helped a lot.

• 4th Jan 2014