Republika Hostel Reviews

Rua Porto das Oficinas, 8944, Ponta Negra, Natal., Natal, Brazil

The crew of the hostel was really nice and helpfull. The hostel is very sweet decorated and has the architecture style of Mykonos in Grece. White rounded walls with the blue windows and doors. Everything was extremely clean and the breakfast was just awesome. We really had a good sleep and a good time to chill aswell. Is well located to go by walking to the beach, shops, restaurants or buses going to other beaches. We really had fun in Natal. You have to try the Dunes tour !!! Really recommend!

I didn't stay very long in Republika hostel but strongly recommend it, it is a very nice place and the owners are very nice. I was struggling with my flights and they have so helpful, I very thankful for this! thank you!

I felt like at home! good breakfast , relaxed atmosphere. Its not a party hostel , but also good to meet people. Everything was clean all the time but as a suggestion to the owner they should put more robust toilet seats to avoid blockage with toilet paper.

Staffs very kind and atencious. Very good vibe in the Hostel, i'd love to come back.

I just love it

Clean hostel with a friendly atmosphere, nice kitchen, located near the beach and main bus routes

Really great clean relaxed hostel. Great breakfast and staff. Loved my short stay here. Close to the beach, shops and bus stops. Recommend!!

A great hostel, great beds in spacious rooms- i stayed in Celeste .Near to beach,(10 min walk) shopping centre (5 min walk) bar kitchen hammocks sun loungers....everything you need plus, Anderson was super helpful, and cute!

very nice hostel, everything was fine the stuff are helpfull even sometimes not with smile.

The location is perfect, staff kind, nice environment in common areas, a very good hostel!

Well placed hostel for exploring ponta negra. Clean rooms/bathrooms/kitchen. Relaxing communal areas. Only criticism is that we were encouraged to book an airport transfer 30 minutes later than we had wanted to, but we did not leave at this time. The member of staff who took us was sleeping, and was not woken until 10 minutes after our transfer time. This could be avoided though by allowing an extra 15 mins when booking your airport transfer (cheaper than taxi).

Anderson and team are lovely. Great hostel, very clean and a really friendly atmosphere. We had a great stay!

Brilliant hostel. 4.5/5. Only improvements would be to have WiFi in the rooms rather than just communal area and not have to pay for the towels ( deposit fair enough but a fee seems slightly stingy!) Otherwise cannot fault staff, room, atmosphere, facilities.

The staff was extremely helpful. Close proximity to shopping, beach, and bars. The area seemed safe and was also well lit. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Natal.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel! Shower drain was blocked for the two nights that I was in the dorm room. We told the staff. but nothing was done about it, resulting in a flooded bathroom floor everytime someone took a shower. One of the male staff members during the evening seemed disinterested in helping me when I dealt with him. He was too busy having a beer and chatting with other staff. Annie was amazing!! She was so lovely and helpful to all the guests, creating a very friendly and hospitable environment.

great place ! I would definitely go there again, really nice persons

Very friendly staff and a nice location in Natal. It is easy to walk a few blocks up to take the bus anywhere in Natal. Additionally, it is only about a ten minute walk from the beach. Clean hostel. The common area isn't too large, but it sufficed. There is a small bar in the common area which was nice for socializing. The 'happening' street with a lot of bars is only a few minute cab ride away.

Very nice and helpful staff. We stayed first in a en suite double which was very spacious and comnfortable. We then stayted in a double (shared bathroom). This was bit dilapidated (e.g. rusted coat / towel hook) and what seemed just one bathroom/toilet combined for a number of rooms so often busy, loo roll running out and didn't stay clean long after the cleaner had been round. A bit away from main ponta negra bar/restaurant area but near the beach and main road to get busses/cabs to everywhere.

Really cool hostel, in great location. Helpful friendly staff help create a great atmosphere

great location, close to beaches and walking distance to public transportation.

• 12th Jun 2014