Residence Rooms Reviews

s.h.muvekita 1, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Very friendly staff and always making sure you're getting the most out of your stay.

We can't say enough good things about our stay here! We stayed in a private room with very comfortable beds. The Residence is an old building full of character and the staff keeps it very, very clean. Staff were warm, friendly and helpful and always on-hand. One of the hi-lights of our trip to Sarajevo was the Residence tour of the city - the abandoned bobsled course was breathtaking. The staff recommendations for food and activities were also spot on. Go to Sarajevo and stay at Residence!

The hostel has a great location, helpful staff, and a friendly atmosphere - it's run by a family, and they really make the guests feel welcome. They also offer breakfast for free, which is unusual at a hostel. The only problem was that my room was above a street of bars, so it was noisy at night.

Very nice hostel, very hospitable family working there, highly recommended

• 29th Jul 2014

This hostel is beautiful. It felt almost too lovely to stay there as a backpacker! Shout out to the lady who owns the place (I never caught your name, I'm sorry!) Who helped me get back my passport after I left it on a bus (idiot). Your helpfulness basically saved my life and you and your family's warmth and kindness has not been forgotten. Thank you so much for everything x

This is simply the perfect hostel!

Very helpful and reliable staff. Helped us in everything. Really good breakfast.

One of the best hostel I have ever stayed! A very friendly and familiar environment, with a very cozy common room where people make friends and plan things together. The owners are very careful with their guests... It is unbelievable in a hostel, I know, bit they even make your bed and change your towels everyday! It is a home away home. i love it!

My girlfriend and I had a great stay here. Ideally located and lovely clean facilities. Our private double was a touch on the small side, but very clean and perfectly adequate. Bathroom was clean and the room had a fridge which came in handy! The location is great with easy walking to the old town/street. The staff make this place, with Naieda (spelling..?) making us feel like part of the family and going out of her way to accommodate our every request. Would definitely return.

This hostel is run by an very nice Bosnian family. I think the mother's name is Naida. Her son Kareem and her husband go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and satisfied. The location couldn't be better, about two small blocks from the Latin Bridge, and even closer to the Old Ottoman market area. A tram runs on the main road by the Latin Bridge so that's very convenient as well. I am very satisfied and would stay there again.

A wonderful place run by the loveliest hosts - they are so friendly, full of useful information and cannot do enough for you. The location is great, right in the heart of the city, but very quiet. Breakfast is simple but ample. Cute common sitting room with good wifi. The double room with private bathroom is located on the top floor. It is small, but very comfortable and great for a couple. It also has a tv and fridge.

We had a wonderful time at the residence rooms. The free breakfast in the morning was a nice touch that complemented a pleasant and VERY helpful staff. For the old town, the location is hard to beat. The only minor issue was that the showers are slightly difficult to use, but that really is a minor thing. I would highly recommend staying here!

Great place to stay really close to everything in Sarajevo, really clean and comfortable staff went above and beyond to help us and are really knowledgable.

Excellent hostel, amazing and very helpful staff. Very clean, close to everything. Thanks for a great stay!

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Serbia

Loved the place. The old house with the high ceilings ha a lot to offer and really makes you feel at home. The staff as well. Very helpful and caring people. The only shortcoming was the noise from the pubs across the street on a aturday evening which made me use earplugs (bring some!) to find some sleep. But in retrospect, that does not influence the otherwise very good impression.

The tour we had with the Hostel around Sarajevo was a brilliant last minute decision by us. It was incredibly interesting to see and hear all the history, and we learnt so much. The hostel was great with a large common room. Our room was a good size, and clean. It was very close to the old town and river, and all the main places.

A very good hostel. Nice rooms. Warm staff.

This hostel really felt like home away from home! The beautiful breakfast/sitting room is very cozy, the family who run it and live upstairs are extremely helpful and relaxed, and the rooms were clean and spacious. Looking forward to my next stay!

i think it must be one of cleanest hostel in the world. maybe first :)

Fantastic location, the owners were lovely and their tour was extremely interesting. Super clean and nice rooms too.