Residence Rooms Reviews

s.h.muvekita 1, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. I had a private room with own shower and shared toilet. Spotlessly clean. Apart from the great atmosphere and homely feel, the owners/staff make everyone feel welcome and special. Not to mention the incredible tour. Cannot speak highly enough of my experience.

An enjoyable stay over 3 nights. Good facilities and decent sized rooms, very sociable place with plenty of travellers. Very good location. A couple of cons - the bars downstairs don't go quiet until 1am and it's LOUD. Also for some reason the bed I was on one night was given to someone else, when I thought I would be on the same bed - I think they need to have a better system to keep track of who's on which bed. Otherwise it's a great place to be!

I had a great time in Sarajevo ! Clean hostel with very helpful and friendly staff. Located in the center of Sarajevo with many bars and clubs around. Common room is perfect - met a lot of interesting people there :-) Breakfast included !

Really nice place to stay, quite, clean, nice and in the middle of Sarajevo. Also I recommend you a lot the History Tour of Sarajevo..a very very interesting experience!

This hostel is right in the middle of the nightlife, but didn't have the traveller vibe, imo. It's quite a big hostel, but a whole floor was rented to some students, that didn't make the atmosphere any better (at least not for a solo traveller). I expected a lot from the tour because of the good reviews, but found it a bit disappointing. This man has a lot of very interesting things to tell, but unfortunately his way of talking is like a cassette and it wasn't interactive at all... :(

Nice hostel with nice staff

The staff was very kind and helpful.

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

My partner and I had a great time saying at the residence rooms. It is right in the middle of everything we wanted to see and do. On out last day we asked about leaving our bags somewhere while we went to the tunnel and were told we could do a four hour tour. With one of the owners.. The best part of out two week trip! What amazing stories he had to tell!!! Absolutely fantastic!

Stayed at Residence Rooms for 4 nights and loved it. The staff is great, very helpful (helped me find a bus to my next destination) and friendly. The tour they offer is very good. Hostel is located right in the center but the street is a bit noisy at night.

• 31st Jul 2013

Nice rooms in the heart of the city. Special (but nice) common room.

This was the best hostel we had on our trip! And the tour was amazing!

Really should look at installing Air Conditioning to cater for the hot summer months.

Excellent atmosphere, free breakfast always a plus. Don't miss the guided tour! Be aware the hostel is right above some active nightlife, and there is no air con. So it can be hot! Also the wireless needs updating, my tablet and another guest's phone could not see the router.

Lovely family runs this place. Would definitely recommend.

Nice homely feel. Good sized rooms and the family that runs the place is very helpful. Great place to stay whilst visiting Sarajevo.

Clean, family run operation with a cozy / relaxing at-home feel to it. Nice to meet other travelers. Definitely do the tour given by the gentlemen who run the place. It's next to a bar which can make it a bit noisy when trying to sleep but nothing too bad. Also I don't remember there being any lockers but staff will gladly hold your valuables. Overall, a good home base for Sarajevo. Recommended.

Would recommend the your they offer, great location, friendly and helpful staff.

• 16th Jul 2013

They provided an amazing tour and were so lovely and helpful with everything. It felt like you were staying with family

What a lovely stay in Sarajevo! It's a beautiful and fascinating city, that Residence Rooms helps bring to life. Great social space and the tour by Karim and his stepfather CANNOT BE MISSED. Well worth it for the great sights but, most importantly, for the stories they tell and experiences they share from the war. Such a lovely family and hostel!

Perfect hostel in the heart of the city! Staff is excellent, I will stay there next time for sure!

• 6th Jul 2013