Residence Sweets Reviews

Langebrugsteeg 2, Amsterdam, Netherlands

They missed that we had booked the room and gave it to somebody else! I had to search for another place at 9 p.m., and ended up in an awful hostel since I needed something cheap and fast. But they payed the deposit back, it was nice. My ratings are useless since I didn´t stay in the hostel in first place.

We were staying on 3rd floor, and a really tiny, narrow and steep staircase led to our room. The bedsheets were fresh and clean, in contrary to two sofas which were in the room.The level of floor in the room was uneven what was quite funny actually;). There was a renovation in the reception, which was being transformed to a small cateferia or shop. The service was very nice and helpful. The bathroom was quite all right. I would recommend the place as low-budget and in great location.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Poland

The hostel is really clean and comfortable. It was perfectly located near everything. I would recommend the person who runs it to have a better fixed schedule for checking in since when travellers arrive they just want to leave their stuffs and start exploring the city.

Upon arrival we were treated poorly and laughed at by the staff we were then asked to wait in a dark room for about 10 minutes. After ten minutes we were told that our room had been double booked and so we would be refunded our money and sent in the direction of another hostel. At 9:30pm in a foreign city we were left without the room we'd paid for and a bitter taste in our mouth.

• 14th Oct 2013

It seems that it's not a proper B&B, just a couple of rooms in a sweet shop. The room and bathroom was fine, clean and apparently very new decorated. But the price is not fair.

• 12th Oct 2013

maybe the rooms upstairs are clean and worth the money. normally I'm really not awkward with hostels, but I was really shocked. we booked a standard double bed private ensuite. at first the renter didn't has any accounting documents for our room. we got a room in the cellar, with four beds and a bathroom which didn't worked. and the room looked like a cubbyhole. everywhere was dirt, binbags and woodenboards. It doesn't give value for money! we checked out and searched for another hostel.

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Austria

When I arrived the place was closed, I had to wait around 30 minutes and they never answered my calls. I told the manager that I had to leave early, he said there was no problem, but there was!! The door was closed!! I call him for about 30 minutes until he answered and told me other guest had the key and I had to wake him up to get out.AVOID THIS HOSTAL IF YOU CAN.

The hostel has a nice owner and is located in a charming old house. However, the house was under renovation when we were there and given the fact that many facilities were not ready yet, the rates charged were too high. Moreover, the room was not that clean due to the ongoing construction works in the house. I am convinced though that the place will be very nice as soon as it is completely renovated.

Cosy, big clean room with a big bathroom in a perfect central location. Very nice and friendly and hosts. Would recommend this B&B to everyone!

• 28th Apr 2013
  • Croatia

We loved our stay at RS. It was by far the best hostel we stayed at over our european vacation. Many thanks to the staff :)

• 22nd Apr 2013

Fantastic place, great location above a sweet shop close to Dam Square, the room was spacious and clean, the staff were very friendly and accomodating. I have stayed in Amsterdam 9 times now and this was not only the best value for money but possibly the best place i've stayed overall. I will stay here again soon

• 7th Apr 2013

The staff was very friendly and extremely hospitable. It is a new hostel so there are renovations but you get your own room and bathroom. There was no soap in the bathroom however. The owner provided us with goodie bags upon arrival and departure and DVDs to watch. Very sweet and nice couple. It is in the heart of the city. The price was a little steep but the owners made it worthwhile.

The owners of the hotel are extremely cool and polite people. The only big problem is that wifi doesn't work properly.

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts