Residence les Ecrins Reviews

Rue du Rouleau 15, B-1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Shower door was broken, but otherwise everything was great. We arrived very late due to various circumstances, but Edward, one of the staff, was incredibly gracious and understanding. Breakfast tasted great!

It was very nice to have breakfast included and the staff was super helpful with navigating around the city and helping with accommodations with trains and buses!

My (single) room was small but had everything I needed, just as Edward said. It was well laid out and actually more comfortable than some far larger rooms in which I've stayed elsewhere. when it turned out the hair dryer didn't work, promptly got a new one. All this plus the outstanding location and nice breakfast compensate for the shabbier than chic halls and make this an excellent value. location is outstanding and at this price outweighs the shabbier than chic

• 10th Jul 2014

The best is there's kitchen in our aprtment that we can cook our dinner !!!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

We booked a a room for 3 person and we got a two-room plus terrace accommodation. The rooms was well decorated and perfectly comfortable furnished. The hostel is the edge of the old town, you can easily discover the local attractions by foot. I highly recommend it if you stay at Brussels.

Great service, clean hotel. Great location. Staff extremely friendly and accommodating. Helped us plan our walking tour of the area.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Great location on a quiet street with lots of restaurants and bars within a five minute walk. Staff is very helpful with anything you need. This was our second stay and we will definitely stay there next time we are in Brussels.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Must stay. This is the ideal hostel.. exceeded our expectations in every way. The location is fantastic, the manager goes above and beyond - gave us free beers one night, delivers breakfast to your door every morning, and the room is beautiful. Would recommend to anyone visiting Brussels.

• 8th Jun 2014

This place passed my expectations! Owner/manager was extemely nice and helpful. Close to main area, clean and for the price quite nice.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Our host, Edward, was awesome. Very personable and made us feel very welcome. A short wak from the train and a short train trip to the major sites.

• 31st May 2014

Absolutely adorable! Loved the location, and the host was very helpful and kind. If I ever come back to Brussels, I am definitely staying here!

I stayed in residence les ecrins for 3 nights. It is close to the metro station 'st. Catherine.' Just a few mins walk from it. Although it doesnt say in the 'facilities' section, they provide a free WIFI service that helps me a lot. Staff are nice. Breakfast is good. I love the room. (so clean, nice bathroom and toilet). I booked a single ensuite, but actually they give me a room with double bed. So lovely. Thanks again.

lovely people, lovely place. I truly enjoyed my stay at les ecrins.very hospitable. CLose to metro station and a short walk to the grand place.You bump into beautiful squares and building on your way to grand place from here.So it's all good.

Thanks for a lovely stay.

Really great place! Needed a break from hostels! The man who checked us in was so nice, made sure we knew where we were going, and gave us a map. The room had it's own sink, and the bathroom was never busy and was very clean! Right next to a metro station, and a quick walk to the main square area! Breakfast was very good as well, you get a basket of different breads and toppings. Must try the Speculoos! Enjoy this place, it was very nice and quiet/ private getaway from hostels.

It was a plesant stay. The place was really nice and Guy was nice with us as well.

• 14th May 2014

I liked this hostel

Residence les Ecrins is a wonderful hostel in Brussels. I had a lovely room in the back which was very quiet. The location was perfect, as I was able to walk to the Grand Place. The hostel provided me with lovely directions and a handy map. I felt safe in my room and the area, although I must say I was always in by 7:30 pm. I could not have done any better for price in Brussels. I booked an individual room. It was very clean and cozy. I had a terrific stay.

• 5th May 2014

wonderful place, super helpful and friendly staff. Cute, clean, perfect location (quiet street near metro stop, and easy walk to the central station, lots of restaurants and good grocery nearby) I'm only sorry that I couldn't stay longer.

Guy was an amazing host and my mother and I really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very spacious and clean and the main tourist attractions weren't too far away. The metro station was just round the corner as well to make it more convenient.

• 26th Apr 2014