Residence les Ecrins Reviews

Rue du Rouleau 15, B-1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Would highly recommend!

A very pleasant and cosy hotel, very well located in Place St Catherine, within walking distance of Grand Place. A lot of little bars and restaurants nearby, which can be very useful. The only thing I didn't like was how small the room was, you barely had space to walk around or store your stuff. The bathroom was so tiny I couldn't wash my face in the sink, cause I couldn't reach it. But that's ok for a short business stay...

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

I stayed here for a couple of days. The location is very close to most prominent places in Brussels. The owners are also very friendly

• 13th Mar 2015
  • India

This place was amazing. Great location, wonderful owner, and very clean, fantastic facilities as well as a great price!

just fantastic - the owner is an EXCEPTIONALLY nice guy, really made us feel welcome and happy to be there. The location is on a nice quiet street, 10 mins walk from central square, and thus everything brussles has to offer. we stayed in a double room which was fantastic, comfy bed, spacious room, seperate area with sofa and table, and the en suite was perfectly good. considering the price it makes this room all the better. breakfast was nice with pastries and jams and juice/coffee. recommmended

Had a delightful and comfortable 1 night stay at Residence les Ecrins. Good location and only 2 stops from Central Station. The instructions on getting there could be better on Hostelworld website...

An enjoyable stay right in the heart of Brussels

• 3rd Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at a lot!). The owner was very kind and generous, the room was clean and spacious, it was located close to the main attractions in Brussels, and the price was eminently reasonable. All in all, I am extremely happy with my stay there and will be sure to recommend the hostel to anyone who ever tells me they are traveling to Brussels.

• 28th Feb 2015

The owner was very kind and very personable. The one issue is that you can't check in before 8:00 AM so it stinks if you come in early but apart from that, I would definitely return. I really enjoyed my stay.

The host is very friendly. The room is very clean and comfortable. I never expected I can take a bath with the bathtub in the hostel. It was a wonderful experience for me.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

We had a perfect stay at this lovely bed and breakfast. I have no complaints and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing visit to Brussels. The staff was extremely helpful, and even recommended some great places for Valentine's Day dinner. The internet worked just fine, the room (a private double) was spacious and clean, it was in a quiet area but very easy to walk to great restaurants, attractions, etc. and the breakfast was wonderful! A great experience!

• 14th Feb 2015

I stayed with a friend in a budget room for one night. We really enjoyed our stay - the staff were very knowledgeable and informative. They recommended a Belgian restaurant that we just loved. The hotels location was good as it wasn't in a touristy area but close enough to all of the big sites. We walked to and from the hotel to other places quite easily and felt safe. The hotel car park was a bit confusing to find but other than that we really enjoyed our stay and would come back!

• 10th Feb 2015

Nice. Friendly host.

Location was great and near the heart of Brussels tourism. The place was clean and breakfast excellent. Friendly staff always on hand to answer your questions and provide recommendations. The only weak point was the showerhead, which wasn't functioning correctly.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

The owner alone made our stay amazing but the room we stayed in was cozy and a great place to return to after a day of sightseeing. Breakfast was also a wonderful start to our day with Guy pouring the coffee and bringing delicious pastries. He was more than happy to do anything to make your stay enjoyable which we definitely did.

Very helpful , gave excellent information. There was four of us. We had private rooms which were clean and comfortable and lovely and warm. They had even put our towels on the heater ready for us. Little things do count.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I can't say enough about how great the staff was. Both that I met were very friendly and welcoming. Pleasantly surprised by sitting room. Toilet ran all of the time so we had to shut the water off when not in use. And I'd really love it if they had a wall-mounted shower head. Seemed to be the norm in Europe 10 years ago but since then most places I've been have a mounted in addition to handheld option. Was glad I wasn't staying more than 1 night because washing my hair would've been difficult.

Very welcoming place, we loved it! It felt like visiting family when we entered the house and were warmly welcomed by Guy. I would definitely go back there if I visit Brussels again!

Only stayed one night but felt so relaxed and comfortable in this hostel. Staff were extremely helpful and our stay was great! Wish we could have stayed longer! We were even upgraded to a private bathroom room which was very kind of the staff and the room was humungous!

• 23rd Dec 2014

I had a great stay at Residence Les Ecrins. The staff were really friendly and helpful- providing directions to places I wanted to see and being generally welcoming. My room was lovely. I was only here one night, but I would definitely return again.