Residence les Ecrins

9.3
Superb 1475 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 41+
11th Feb 2017

This is a nice little chambre d'hote located near St Catherine Metro stop, so very easily accessible, yet far enough away from the Grand Place for peace and quiet at night, although only a ten-minute walk away. The gentleman who runs the Residence could not have been sweeter or more helpful; he is a real asset to the clientele. The breakfast was nice too. My room was at the top of the building & the window shade is permanently closed, so there was no natural light in the daytime...

• England, Female, 41+
9th Feb 2017
8.0

This property was very close to the centre and therefore very good for looking around Brussels. I could walk everywhere I needed to get to. The Metro was less than 5 minutes away. The owner was very helpful in advising me how to find my way around Brussels. The Breakfast was a good. Facilities rather old and tired. The Towels are well worn. The soap in the shower and light bulbs had never been replaced for probably months. I would have liked a kettle although the water in the tap was very hot.

• USA, Male, 25-30
5th Feb 2017

It was a family oriented environment and the owner was very personable, worked to ensure I was having a pleasant stay. The breakfast is light with mostly pastries, bread, and coffee. It would be nice to have eggs or other meat dish but it was sufficient. Check-in was very easy, I booked a private room and had a room on the top floor. It had a comfortable double size bed. The room came with a sink, TV, dresser, and chair. They clean the room every night so you have fresh sheets each night!

• USA, Male, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

The hostel in and of itself was beautiful and very clean! I checked in at 3:00 In the morning and they greeted us with open arms. Checking out was just as easy. The location is central and a quick walk to places like the grand place. It also is next to the train station for travel. Highly recommend staying here!

• Czech Republic, Male, 31-40
13th Jan 2017

Very kind staff, and a great location.

1st Jan 2017

Not in a very bustling part of the city, but within walking distance of Grand Place, and very close to a metro station. The guy who runs the place is very nice. I had a spacious room with a hot shower. I only marked facilities off a point because the bed & pillows in my room weren't as comfortable as the last place I stayed.

• USA, Female, 18-24
29th Dec 2016

Such a nice place, I would even recommend for older ages as well. Had more of the feel of a bed and breakfast which was great! The staff was wonderful and the location was great too. I would defiantly go back.

• Ireland, Male, 41+
15th Dec 2016

Excellent, convenient, fairly priced. Breakfast included. Good area, with Christmas market. Metro station just down the street.

19th Nov 2016

Quiet and clean, excellent bed. Close to a subway station and many good restaurants. Excellent value for the money.

• Sweden, Couple, 31-40
17th Nov 2016

We choose this hostel for our first night in Brussels and we liked it so much that we returned at the end of our trip. The staff was extremely friendly, speak a bunch of languages and they were very helpful with indications and tips about the city and the country. The breakfast is very worthy too. We recommend to book rooms on the new part of the hostel, since in the old part all fatilities are shared. You will not find a youth hostel environment but a nice and charming small family-owned hotel.