Residencia San Marius II Reviews

Travessera de Gracia, 22 2nda Planta, Barcelona, Spain

the staff can't speak English at all but we can still communicate with her by using body language so that wasn't a big problem. the only thing is they don't have air conditioning which is very hot in the room and we had to open the windows very wide to let some wind in to the roomwhich makes us feel a little bit unsafe as the hostel is facing the big street. overall, not bad.

The location of this hostel wouldn't be ideal for most people since there aren't cultural sights in the vicinity and it's not very convenient to the metro, but it was perfect for my purposes. There's some community atmosphere, but mostly just a lot of small rooms, which suits me well. Lots of bathrooms - almost all shared, but they're kept very clean and I never had to wait for one. Odd to only have very limited kitchen access, but not a problem. Try to get a room off main street, it's loud.

It is a regular student's accomodation that they rent out to tourists during college/university breaks.The staff, a care-taker lady can understand and speak only spanish,so horrible service. She doesnt help you after 6.30pm,even if the toilet papers are over. The rooms are dingy with windows opening into the middle of a building. And they created a problem for us,even though we had a confirmed extended booking for one of our rooms and refused to give us the confirmed allocated extension.

Location of the building is very tough to get to on the first day by metro. But you'll get used to it after figuring out the bus routes. The lady at the hostel is extremely impatient & fierce. When we arrived at 8am to deposit bags, she scolded us in spanish over the intercom and refused entry, so we had to stand at the pavement and wait before a kind soul leaving the place let us in & gave us the hostel's entry code. But the rooms are big & clean so it's pleasant enough. Just ignore the woman!

No chance to understand because the woman cannot say at least a few english words. The room for two was quite small and the biggest problem was missing air condition, especially at night in 30°C. There is not any kitchen for cooking. Place is far from metro but there are several buses (you will have to find out which you need). On the other side, there is a lot of bathrooms and they are very clean. Small advantage is the cold water from watercooler and some markets in surrounding.

The place itself was clean and safe but this was not a fun hostel experience. It is really far from the metro and the directions from the description were not terrible, but not clear. There was no reception or person to meet you, and when you finally did get in they only spoke spanish or Catalan. I speak neither. Not too difficult to understand here is your key and your room but impossible to ask questions like how to rent a towel. Never felt unsafe though and the area is nice.

The hostel is in a business district and very noisy with traffic. The only person around most of the time was a cleaning lady who spoke no English, and wasn't very friendly.. there was no-one available at all times in the hostel. There was no basin or fan in my room and although I had booked for 5 nights I left after only 1 and found a more central hostel that was better for my needs.

• 22nd Jun 2011

The hostel is a university accommodation which is good for any travelers, with a good location and good facilities. The one major disappointment for us was the staff. In particular the lady who was running the place who was often rude, intrusive, unhelpful and rather uninterested in making our stay a pleseant one.

I can´t say much about this hostel. they canceled our reservation only few days before our arrival. But what i can say is that i haven´t seen a cent of the money i had paid before we went to spain. So... better watch out for another hostel!

Staff is non-English speaking and not friendly.

The staff is non-english-speaking and the floors were very dirty, you couldn´t access the kitchen for a cup or a knife. Very noisy outside.

Worst experience yet. We arrived in Barcelona and tried to get into this residence and it was locked without a person to be found. We had to walk around all night looking for alternate accomodation and ended up staying at this really nice, really expensive hotel for lack of anywhere else to stay. The next day we went back to the place and it was still empty. We called the number provided on the door and it was someone´s personal answering machine on a cell phone. We even had the manager of the hotel we ended up staying in call too and she said the message was very strange. Totally horrible experience, made worse by the fact that they charged one night to my credit card. Do not bother, stay at BCN Hostel Central.

no air conditioning and no windows in the single room i stayed in. The staff can barely speak english so you should know some spanish.

The hostel was easy to find , the room was clean, and toilets and bathrooms are very clean. The staff did not speak any English and did not seem very eager to help with anything at all. They did not even bother to make an effort to understand when we try to ask for paper to note something down. There was construction going on so very noisy in the morning. A little far from the center, but managable. Overall, good clean hostel, if you do not need anything from the staffs at all.

The staff were helpful even though I don't speak any Catalan or much Spanish and the woman I dealt with didn't speak any English at all. Had difficulties with the contact telephone number as I only could get through to an answer machine which had a message in Spanish telling you to call another telephone number. I was able to understand nearly all of the number except for the last digit so wasn't able to contact the staff when I really had to! (I was going to arrive a lot later than planned and after the hostel closed for the night). This caused us quite a bit of unnecessary stress as I had to get a Spanish speaking friend back home in England to call through for me. Not really the kind of hassle you want to have whilst on holiday! An accompanying message in English would have been very useful. Apart from that it was a pleasant, simple hostel which was clean and comfortable but quite noisy if you have a room overlooking the street as we did. Despite the language problems when the satff heard that I was going to arrive late they stayed up after hours to let me checkin so I have to thank them for that.

Jolly good place with cheap, clean rooms. Some great restaurants and clubs around the corner, a bit outside the tourist trap with "local" atmosphere is the best part. But don't forget your earplugs if you like sleeping through the morning traffic :) Thanks for the hospitality.

Basic accomdation, good value as a base to explore the city. This is a students residence so it was like going back to College for 2 nights !. You may want to ask for a room away from the common area, which we did not realize was right outside our door ! and neither of the 2 internet computers were working, but there was free WIFI. We didn't notice any staff ?

Big problem with the bell at the door of the Residencia San Marius II. We don't know at which button we must sound because it's not clearly indicated. So, we haven't sleep the first night at the Residencia (because nobody has open) and the following day, the Residencia has refused that we don't paid the night where we sleep away. It's not normal !

has to be the noisiest street in the world while your trying to sleep! apart from that, the facilities are good and its easyish to get to and from

Is it possible the person thata works there is not able to understand and speak neither little english?

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts