Residencia Universitaria Santa Paula Reviews

Calle Especeria, num 5, Malaga, Andalucia, Spain

I think the money/value was ok. The people there were really nice. Breakfast was included even though it wasn't specified in the details, so it's a plus! The only thing that bodered me was that I wasn't on vacation so the noise outside was annoying at times, and the bedroom a little too dark. But if you are on vacations I think it is a great place to stay, near to every place to see in Malaga. And the bed was very confortable, which I think it's a VERY important point to see in any hostel!

Very nice place in excellent central location. The place could do with a lick of paint and some simple repairs (electric sockets hanging off and stuff like that) but then they'd put their prices up so that wouldn't work. Offers very good value for money for central location. Internet connection slow; just enough to check emails and such. I'd stay there again when I'm in Malaga.

We spent a night in a double bed private room and our stay was good taking everything into account. Our beds were separated from each other by a wall, which was a bit strange, but if you like some extra privacy it might even be an advantage. The shared bathroom in the hallway was okay, but not the nicest I've ever seen.

Good location. The breakfast is not very elaborated, but at least it's included. There are too few toilets.

Well cool!!

The hostel has great location, it is in the city centre. It was clean and comfortable with 24h reception. the breakfast was simple but good. that walls are very thin so I could hear everything from my neighbours. I was in March and it was cold - there is no heating in the room.

perfect location and if you want to have place just for slip its fine. very very noisy from around 7.00 in the morning. no kitchen to be used for guests but breakfast (rolls + jam and tea or fresh coffe) included.

• 23rd Jan 2013
  • Poland

nice place, in the very centre, clean bathrooms and rooms.. they let you keep your baggage after check out for all day long (which is great). but windows and doors are not tightly sealed, so you can hear clearly sounds from outside or hallway.

• 5th Aug 2012
  • Czech Republic

Great location, but apart from it... I wouldn't define it a "hostel" as there's no socializing and customers are, in general, aged.... in case you are looking for a place near the center of the city it's perfect!! for example i guess it's very good to enjoy the Feria of August... but it's not a true hostel, just remember it.

The Hostel staff were friendly and accommodating, courteous and polite. The Hostel's location is fantastic, right in the centre of the old town, 40 metres from La Plaza de las Constitucion, a stroll away from any number of bars and eateries. I stayed here because of its proximity to the beach, the town, and the shops. You will struggle to find somehwere better positioned. Very good value for money, and no excessive noise from within. Enjoy Malaga from here

• 22nd Jul 2012

Great location in the old town near the main square and main shopping streets. The Thyssen art gallery is about 30 seconds away, and the Picasso museum and the arthouse cinema within easy walking distance. The beach is about 20 minutes away in flip flops, unless you're Usain Bolt in which case you could probably do it in a flat 15 minutes.

Thank you! Apart from one problem we enjoyed our stay. It was nice to provide towels since we left our own home :)

• 3rd Jun 2012
  • Finland

Acentrally located, reasonably priced place I'd go back to - though maybe not as a first choice

Great Hostel! We checked in around 10pm without problems. Since it's inside a student residence you won't be able to join a pub crawl and, but we weren't looking for anything like that. It can be kind of busy inside the breakfast room though. Bedroom and bathroom were spacious and very clean! The location in the old city centre was perfect as well. We would definitely come back again!

Solid hostel.

The best thing about this place is the location. Its close to everything and 24hr reception is handy too. It's clean, as are the bathrooms. Breakfast is basic but with so many places for coffee or to eat around you it's not a problem. The hostel is basic but it's great value for money. Only downside is the noise from the street and the walls are paper thin, but that's not unbearable. Overall, I'd go back. Had a good time there.

• 28th Oct 2011

Very nice traditional building right in the center of Malaga, lots of people and bars on the corner but no noise at our room. We could hear people going in and out of next rooms though (simple accomodation with little insonorisation), so people who are very sensitive might be disturbed - it wasn't our case. Very friendly staff and reception all night long are also positive aspects.

Nice location in the middle of the city, friendly staff, room was small but okay, room, bed clothes and facilities were clean. BUT it was badly soundproofed and had a lot of loud teenagers staying. Bring earplugs! All in all, good value for money.

• 22nd Sep 2011

Everything perfect but we missed air conditioning in the room. And when you open the windows at night it is really loud because of the restaurants etc...

Me and my girlfriend is very satisfied with the hostel. It has a excellent location, close to the old town with all of its great resturants. The location has also a negative impact because of the noise from the night life which often ends very late. The staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. Thank you for a great stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7