Residencia do Norte

Superb 169 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 169 Total Reviews

2nd Apr 2017

Basic hostel accommodation. Seemed to be for older people than for backpackers. Upsides: Very clean and our bed was made every morning. Very close bars and restaurants, and a short walk from the main attractions. Downsides: it's right near very loud bars, so it's quite noisy until 2 am; the shower was hit or miss - sometimes it lost water pressure completely or only worked low down as a hand held; while the staff were lovely and welcoming, their English was limited so they didn't give recs

• kwhite021439
  • USA, Female, 31-40
17th Feb 2017

I loved my stay at Residencia do Norte, and I can't wait to go again. It's got a great location, and it's near the metro, bars, and restaurants. If you want to go out at night, it's right in the middle of the action. If you're a light sleeper they have ear plugs, so any outside partying won't keep you awake (I don't have that problem, but others might). My room was super cute, and just what I needed. Staff was friendly, and gave great recommendations for places to eat. Thanks for everything!