Residencia do Norte Reviews

Rua do Norte n 123, Lisbon, Portugal

The room was loud, but a good loud, you can hear music coming from the bars around the hostel. So be prepared for a not-so-quiet night, but it is not unpleasant: you can feel the atmosphere of Lisbon! The location is very central, very close to Rossio train station. The atmosphere around the hostel is very lively. It could be a problem, but even for me who went to bed fairly early and got up early too, it was ok. Staff was very nice and spoke perfect French!

The Residencia do Norte is a really nice Hostel! Every day our room has been cleaned and the stuff is helpfull and nice. You can use a little kitchen with a kettle, fridge and mikrowave. The hostel is located in the Rua do Norte where a lot of bars and restaurants are. But if you have a room to the backyard there is almost no noise. In the near (I´ve already wrote... there are a lot of bars) is the BarAlto-Restaurant.... You should have dinner there! It´s great!

Very good location, very friendly staff, very beautyful guesthouse! We loved it and will go back for our next trip to Lisbon.

Direkly in Bairro Alto ( Party and Nighlife Area of Lisboa) Rooms are to the back and are quiet. Very good Value for Money (3 bed room with toilet, sink and BD) 20€ each. I would come back :)

• 1st Aug 2014

Good location but no proper window in my room, so very small, dark and - this was the only thing I did not like - loud. The party street is next to it. With earplugs it was alright, I was very tired anyway.

My stay at Residencia do Norte was absolutely excellent! The room was small, but very well kept and the staff were wonderful. I would, without a doubt, return to this hostel in the future!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Slovakia

The staff was very kind and helpful. Rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels, etc. It was a little noisy on weekend nights as we were right in the middle of a busy street of bars, but it was a great location for going out at night and for seeing the sights. It was also very accessible to the Metro and commuter trains. I liked the guesthouse atmosphere more than the big dorm communal hostel thing, so this was perfect for us!

Good location, nice and friendly staff

• 31st May 2014

It was like staying with family. The staff are very helpful and so nice. I loved the earplugs they left on the side table which helped this light sleeper have good nights sleep. The location is great if you like to be either surrounded by bars at night and/or in a typical local neighborhood. It's very basic,simple , clean and nearby most things you'll need. I wish I had a window I could look out of-this had one way up high. I'd recommend and stay again next time!

• 28th May 2014

A down-to-earth no frills kind of place but very cosy and homely. It didn't have that sterile feel which happens in many larger hostels. You can see the homely touches everywhere such as the old bed spreads and ornaments throughout which made it very cosy.

Very nice family guest house with decent size rooms and bathrooms. Perfect location if you want to fully enjoy Lisbon nightlife, otherwise I would suggest to go elsewhere, the bars in the area close at around 4 am and people usually gets very loud.

• 30th Apr 2014