Residencial Cristo Rei Reviews

Rua dr Alves da Veiga,21, Porto, Portugal

The hostel is located close by the city center, in a few minutes walk you are at the biggest shopping street of Porto. Very nice lady at the check-in and gave us loads of information and tips. The room is not very proper, the furniture is old and the beds are hard but you can expect that when you pay so little for a room. The common kitchen is dirty and we did not cook there but that was no problem because going for dinner is very cheap in Porto.

• 6th Sep 2014

No very cleaned room, and in four night that we stay there the room was cleaned only one day.

• 3rd Sep 2014

I put deposit down on 3bed room but this was given away so had to put up with sharing double bed with annoying footboard with 15 year old son, and only one dim light worked.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Very clean and central hostel.We will come back again

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Dirty showers and communal areas. Rooms was fine, bottom door to enter the building was always open.

I had a nice stay at the hostel! A good value for money deal! Ps.: Somebody please eat my cheese, I forgot it in the fridge unopened, it is somewhere in the firdge door behind the mayonnaise! :D:D:D

Everything is OLD, not comfy at all. Doesn't feel good as place for your regular holiday. If you happen to be 18 years old and search for party then might be a good cheap choice, but other than that... not a good place. Old, creepy and NOISY as hell. Upstairs there were children running and playing until 3.00 a.m. and the pub downstairs was open with loud music ALL DAY LONG until 4 a.m. Mondays is their day off (pub closed), and that was the only night we could sleep without issues. Stay away if you're a

Ana, the receptionist, is really kind and she can speak 6 different languages. The hostel is clean and it has a very small kitchen. 10 minutes walk from the city center and the night spot!

A very lovely Hostel Manager and receptionist. Very enthusiastic and welcoming.

Very good value for money, staff of the reception very helpful and friendly, and she speaks a lot of languages (Portuguese, Spanish, English, French, Japanese...). I would stay there again.

Great staff, very helpfull. Even the cleaning ladies that only speak Portugees where very nice. Also the recomendations they gave us to have dinner (forgot the place) where awsome. Oh and they made our bed when we where out, felt like a hotel.

• 10th Jul 2014

The manager was excellent, very helpful, she did everything she could to make us feel welcome and give us recommendations about the city. However she seemed overwhelmed by the amount of work, so I couldn't help but think it would be useful to have an extra member of staff or two. Great value for money, would definitely stay there again.

• 10th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff and good location BUT the bedroom for 2 people was tiny, toilets very small, furnitures were very old (the mattress is not comfortable at all).

• 1st Jul 2014

The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. I booked a single private with a shared bath, but actually got a double bed with an ensuite bathroom, which was nice. However, the building is very old and there was a musty smell in my room that was hard to get used to. I also wish it had been a little more centralized. There is also not much of an atmosphere here, and would be unlikely to meet other travelers here.

I had a really good staying. Staff was very friendly and helpful especially Anna on the reception. This hostel is very close to the center. You can get on food to San Bintu train station, its just 10 min.

The building belongs to the many old buildings in Porto. For instance the bathroom needs some renovations, but the daily rate would increase and the water was always running and nice and hot. The bed had a good mattress and the floor was clean. The neighbourhood had some good and cheap restaurants without tourists. I recommand the "Roma", Rua sto. Ildefonso No 273

friendly staff and good location, you can easily walk everywhere. Some beds are a bit old and furniture is old style but clean and practical.

I read in one review that noone knows enlish in there. Actually I think I spoke with all stuff in there and there is just 2. But don't worry one of them knows really good english but the other don't. The hostel was really clean and good. There was just one problem in the bathroom, there was no light and when we said that they toke care of it immediately. It's not that close to riverside but you can walk, Porto is quite small.

Was a great Residence, i really enjoyed the atmosphere. The rooms were clean. The recommendations of the staff were great, they are really nice, is like feeling in home.

• 11th May 2014
  • Spain

The staff are very lovely, but unfortunately the rooms are not well maintained. We had a double room (very small) that hadn't been vacuumed. There was sand in the bed, so we suspected the sheets hadn't been changed. Everything was very dusty. Wifi does not work in the rooms. And outside the building a group of junkies hangs out night and day so bring ear plugs if you want to sleep. But it was super cheap so no complaints on the price-front. Just don't stay if you want to hang out at the hostel.