Residencial Cristo Rei Reviews

Rua dr Alves da Veiga,21, Porto, Portugal

Great staff, very helpfull. Even the cleaning ladies that only speak Portugees where very nice. Also the recomendations they gave us to have dinner (forgot the place) where awsome. Oh and they made our bed when we where out, felt like a hotel.

• 10th Jul 2014

The manager was excellent, very helpful, she did everything she could to make us feel welcome and give us recommendations about the city. However she seemed overwhelmed by the amount of work, so I couldn't help but think it would be useful to have an extra member of staff or two. Great value for money, would definitely stay there again.

• 10th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff and good location BUT the bedroom for 2 people was tiny, toilets very small, furnitures were very old (the mattress is not comfortable at all) and above all : it was extremely noisy. It was impossible to sleep before 2-3 AM every nights because of a bar under our windows. I don´t recommand. For real.

• 1st Jul 2014

The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. I booked a single private with a shared bath, but actually got a double bed with an ensuite bathroom, which was nice. However, the building is very old and there was a musty smell in my room that was hard to get used to. I also wish it had been a little more centralized. There is also not much of an atmosphere here, and would be unlikely to meet other travelers here.

I had a really good staying. Staff was very friendly and helpful especially Anna on the reception. This hostel is very close to the center. You can get on food to San Bintu train station, its just 10 min.

The building belongs to the many old buildings in Porto. For instance the bathroom needs some renovations, but the daily rate would increase and the water was always running and nice and hot. The bed had a good mattress and the floor was clean. The neighbourhood had some good and cheap restaurants without tourists. I recommand the "Roma", Rua sto. Ildefonso No 273

friendly staff and good location, you can easily walk everywhere. Some beds are a bit old and furniture is old style but clean and practical.

I read in one review that noone knows enlish in there. Actually I think I spoke with all stuff in there and there is just 2. But don't worry one of them knows really good english but the other don't. The hostel was really clean and good. There was just one problem in the bathroom, there was no light and when we said that they toke care of it immediately. It's not that close to riverside but you can walk, Porto is quite small.

Was a great Residence, i really enjoyed the atmosphere. The rooms were clean. The recommendations of the staff were great, they are really nice, is like feeling in home.

• 11th May 2014
  • Spain

The staff are very lovely, but unfortunately the rooms are not well maintained. We had a double room (very small) that hadn't been vacuumed. There was sand in the bed, so we suspected the sheets hadn't been changed. Everything was very dusty. Wifi does not work in the rooms. And outside the building a group of junkies hangs out night and day so bring ear plugs if you want to sleep. But it was super cheap so no complaints on the price-front. Just don't stay if you want to hang out at the hostel.

The double rooms are small and the showers could be better

The hostel is next to the station and the staff was really kind.

Liked it very much! Especially the breakfast!

• 9th Mar 2014

the hostel is good in relation to the amount paid.