Residencial Dandy Reviews

Rua Filipe Alist�o, N� 62-1�, Faro, Portugal

Nobody to welcome us and more than 1 hour for the landlord to finally come and find my booking. Not even one person speaking,English, Spanish, Italian or French. We booked a twin bed room but the landlord gave us a double bed room instead (not the best to sleep with a colleague). Electricity outage on the 4th day with no explanation. Greetings are not included in the pack. Expect no more from the lowest price on the market !

• 5th Sep 2014

Stayed in second building just behind Residencial Dandy this time.Nice big, clean room for two and had some basic self catering/kitchen ffacilities (which the main building doesn't have) so liked that.

We stayed for a night before moving onto the Alentejo. The male owner wasn't particularly welcoming when we arrived and seemed to be having an argument with his wife and was quite grumpy. We were taken to our room, made to put our cases away and left to it so the reception we got could have been better. The hostel itself is very quirky with an eclectic collection of objects and paraphernalia. We had a charming room which was very clean and had a nice balcony. The surrounding area is very rundown

• 24th Aug 2014

I booked a twin room ensuite back in May 2014 and paid a deposit. When I arrived I was told that this room wasn't available as other guests decided to stay longer. He gave us another room and would 'discount' it, 2.50euro. He took me to another building which didn't have wif, an ensuite, dirty and noisy. When I complained and said I wanted the room we booked because this 'discounted' room wasn't that much of a discount he just gave another 2.50 euro back and said it wasn't possible.

Arrived to find there was not a room for us. Staff said he would take us by car later to his apartment to sleep, as all other places in Faro full - were very upset and uncomfortable with this solution. Walked around and found free rooms at nearby hotels. Returned to use wifi to continue searching, at which point he showed us to an empty room?! right next to the reception. No window or AC as described, and noisy, but we were happy not to have to spend more money or move. Does not speak English.

You get what you pay for! Cheap. Including the staff (who seem to be the owners) and the rooms (mine had no window) and the bathroom. I was supposed to have my own bathroom but when I arrived, the receptionist/owner told me that I would have a common/shared bathroom and that It would be the same price!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Dangerous wiring. Very noisy. Didnt get accomodation I paid for.

• 30th Jul 2014

I had a very pleasant break in a very nice place with very helpful staff. I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Faro. Next time I will stay longer!

great value for money would definetly will stay again and recommend to friends and family.

• 14th Jul 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at The Dandy, it was eccentric and quirky which made it even more pleasurable.

• 25th Jun 2014