Residencial Das Araras Reviews

Rua Do Campinho Lote 2, Quadra F, Village 1, Taperapuan (bahia), Porto Seguro, Brazil

Very good facilities, and the owners are very nice and helpful. It is quite far away from the center though (but in a good and safe neighbourhood), though that may be a good thing if you want to stay at the beaches and don't feel the need to be close to everything.

This is a great place to stay. Walking distance to wonderful beaches and to party if you want so. A very quite , peaceful and friendly place

Spotless rooms. Pleasant bathrooms and the owner, Paul is on hand with all the info you need. Decent breakfast too. I would have stayed longer if it was cheaper but it's still the best value in Porto Seguro.

Really nice little place, owners are very friendly and a wealth of information on what you can do around the area. Breakfast is good....bread, ham, cheese and fruit selection and fresh juice. Beach 10 mins away and supermarket 5 mins away. Little far from the centre but catching a bus there is easy. Nice pool and gardens and the 2 dogs there are really cute. Wish I had more time to spend in Porto Seguro as there is much more to do than I realised.

It was a really nice stay with a really nice stafft and a comfortable hostel! thank you!!

• 4th Nov 2013

Paul and his family were amazing! Perfect place, highly reccomended for both nightlife and nature tours! Booked three nights but ended up staying there for a week!

I only stayed here for a couple of nights (as I had to keep on moving) but I fully recommend this hostel. The couple here that own/run the hostel are very friendly and will make you feel at home right away. I also learnt about some of the history of the area and a bonus is that the breakfast is really good as well!

This hostel is a little away from the town, but only 5min from a great beach.This is why i came here so I was very happy. There is a great pool, but I found it a little odd sharing the kicthen and living room space with the family that own the hostel.

disappointed! the hostel info states that there is a kitchen we could use however we were told on arrival we could not use the fridge so this left us somewhat limited! It is a 'controlled' environment, the husband and wife contradicted each other in what we were and weren't allowed to do, we were told to 'leave some breakfast for the others' where a buffet was offered-very rude!, booked mixed sex rooms on the website but they they separated us int male/female. I felt like I was at guide camp!

With a full hostel there was no space in the kitchen fridge, however, the client and her group had no trouble filling our bar refrigerator with several cases of beer and other drinks! The client and her group did use the kitchen almost daily and prepared many meals! As far as the breakfast was concerned, let's just say that the client and her friends ate very well, consuming large, copious amounts of food, without much thought for the other guests, hence a friendly reminder was needed, to please have some consideration for other guests who also wanted to eat breakfast.

Residencial Das Araras is a great base whilst in Porto Seguro. Paul and the family make you feel at home the second you walk through the front door. A family run hostel, who all speak perfect English and Portugese. They are very helpful and will go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as can be! Very chilled vibe at the hostel, great place to unwind and relax. A home away from home.

• 28th Jan 2013

Very quite and rustic pousada. Located just 5 minutes walking distance from the taperapuan beach. The owner and his family were very nice and kind. Good breakfast and would definitelly recomend.

Close to the beach and to two of the biggest clubs of Porto Seguro, but quiet and relaxing place where to chill out. Great breakfast too!!

booked for 2 days only and stayed 21 days!!! very friendly family and atmosphere, nice dog, safety location out of the often noisy porto seguro, feels like being at home, still miss the delicious fruit shakes in the morning.. should return definetely

• 21st Jul 2012

beautiful hostel and very kind family! definitely value for money

This hostel was very nice, a great chilled owner and a lovely family, I really enjoyed my stay here and hopefully will go back one day

• 13th Jan 2012

I really enjoyed my staying in this hostel. The atmosphere is really relaxed, the room big and clean. 5 min to the beach. Supermarket 2 min away. Paul and his family are really friendly and helpfull. I can just recommand you to go to this hostel if you want to enjoy Porto Seguro. No stress, no worries, no problems. :)

The atmosphere is great and the owners are very nice people, always available to have a good talk, give informations and help us having a good experience in Porto Seguro. Everytime I go to Res. das Araras I feel at home.

• 1st Jan 2012

with out doubt this is the best place to stay in porto seguro. i had a great time here and paul and his family were very welcoming and extremely helpful. they went out of their way to do do everythig they could to help me and make my stay as pleasant as possible. they genuinely cared that everybody has a good time. They are really warm and treat you as a member of the family. A great place to stay in a really good location. thanks again

I strongly suggest this pousada. Paul and his family are really helpful and make you feel at home. Paul was very keen to show the guests around the city and the local area. He even took me to the nearby Indios reservation, where you can experience the environment of the Brazilian natives. In general, I was impressed by Porto Seguro. After one month traveling, it's so far the only Brazilian city I found completely safe. I could walk wherever at any time. It's a relaxed city during the day but also have a ve

Family run hostel, very friendly and helpful. I arrived late (2 am) and the owner was there to greet me. Short walking distance to the beach. Great breakfast with homemade food. Definitely enjoyed staying here. Thanks.

View all Porto Seguro Hostels