Residencial Das Araras Reviews

Rua Do Campinho Lote 2, Quadra F, Village 1, Taperapuan (bahia), Porto Seguro, Brazil

I paid all the stay in advance (big mistake with this guy) thinking I would stay all the time in the city. Then I decided to travel a little bit, knowing other places and of course I would stay in other cities, returning four days before returning home. I ended up staying more days than expected outside the hostel so I only needed one night to take my flight back. I mailed and texted the owner saying I was returning. Took a 9km "mototaxi" ride on a raining night to discover nobody was there.

Make no mistake, hostelworld policy is to pay the reservation balance upon arrival! We try to accommodate changes, but it never works out well when a person constantly changes their mind. When the client changed his travel plans, we refunded his money for the days he was away. The day that was marked for his return, he did not show up! As he decided to stay longer in another city. When he did not show up at the new marked hour of return a 2nd time, It was very late night, so we were sleeping.

the hostel is a very calm place. perfect to come down and relax. when i stayed there were only 3 other guests but i enjoyed my stay and had a good time. The Owner and his wife are very nice people and made my stay enjoyable!

• 15th Jan 2015

Very good place to stay. The owners are very helpful and kind.

Great place to stay for us, close to beaches/beach parties, and main bus routes. The local supermarket 5 minute walk. Clean relaxing place to stay with a swimming pool and plenty of hammocks to chill out in peace with no noisy traffic nearby a plus. Paul and his family are a great crew and very helpful and friendly during our stay.

The hostel is very nice and Paul, the owner, is very helpful. He also could help us a lot, when we where involved in an accident nearby.

• 27th Dec 2014

Very good facilities, and the owners are very nice and helpful. It is quite far away from the center though (but in a good and safe neighbourhood), though that may be a good thing if you want to stay at the beaches and don't feel the need to be close to everything.

This is a great place to stay. Walking distance to wonderful beaches and to party if you want so. A very quite , peaceful and friendly place

Spotless rooms. Pleasant bathrooms and the owner, Paul is on hand with all the info you need. Decent breakfast too. I would have stayed longer if it was cheaper but it's still the best value in Porto Seguro.

Really nice little place, owners are very friendly and a wealth of information on what you can do around the area. Breakfast is good....bread, ham, cheese and fruit selection and fresh juice. Beach 10 mins away and supermarket 5 mins away. Little far from the centre but catching a bus there is easy. Nice pool and gardens and the 2 dogs there are really cute. Wish I had more time to spend in Porto Seguro as there is much more to do than I realised.

It was a really nice stay with a really nice stafft and a comfortable hostel! thank you!!

• 4th Nov 2013

Paul and his family were amazing! Perfect place, highly reccomended for both nightlife and nature tours! Booked three nights but ended up staying there for a week!

I only stayed here for a couple of nights (as I had to keep on moving) but I fully recommend this hostel. The couple here that own/run the hostel are very friendly and will make you feel at home right away. I also learnt about some of the history of the area and a bonus is that the breakfast is really good as well!

This hostel is a little away from the town, but only 5min from a great beach.This is why i came here so I was very happy. There is a great pool, but I found it a little odd sharing the kicthen and living room space with the family that own the hostel.

disappointed! the hostel info states that there is a kitchen we could use however we were told on arrival we could not use the fridge so this left us somewhat limited! It is a 'controlled' environment, the husband and wife contradicted each other in what we were and weren't allowed to do, we were told to 'leave some breakfast for the others' where a buffet was offered-very rude!, booked mixed sex rooms on the website but they they separated us int male/female. I felt like I was at guide camp!

With a full hostel there was no space in the kitchen fridge, however, the client and her group had no trouble filling our bar refrigerator with several cases of beer and other drinks! The client and her group did use the kitchen almost daily and prepared many meals! As far as the breakfast was concerned, let's just say that the client and her friends ate very well, consuming large, copious amounts of food, without much thought for the other guests, hence a friendly reminder was needed, to please have some consideration for other guests who also wanted to eat breakfast.

Residencial Das Araras is a great base whilst in Porto Seguro. Paul and the family make you feel at home the second you walk through the front door. A family run hostel, who all speak perfect English and Portugese. They are very helpful and will go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as can be! Very chilled vibe at the hostel, great place to unwind and relax. A home away from home.

• 28th Jan 2013

Very quite and rustic pousada. Located just 5 minutes walking distance from the taperapuan beach. The owner and his family were very nice and kind. Good breakfast and would definitelly recomend.

Close to the beach and to two of the biggest clubs of Porto Seguro, but quiet and relaxing place where to chill out. Great breakfast too!!

booked for 2 days only and stayed 21 days!!! very friendly family and atmosphere, nice dog, safety location out of the often noisy porto seguro, feels like being at home, still miss the delicious fruit shakes in the morning.. should return definetely

• 21st Jul 2012

beautiful hostel and very kind family! definitely value for money

This hostel was very nice, a great chilled owner and a lovely family, I really enjoyed my stay here and hopefully will go back one day

• 13th Jan 2012