Residencial Monaco Reviews

Rua das Hortas n 14 / 14A, Funchal, Portugal

All was OK but the driver-guide of 30 euro excursion. He did not produce even one word about the places. I was shocked as I was tourist guide myself and in my opinion something like that should never happen. He was good driver and with good English, so why not tell some words about visiting places to the tourists-hotel guests?! I am going to visit you soon and hope that your excursions will be more interesting and better value of money.

Really helpful staff, especially Alberto, always friendly and helpful. It is not expensive so don't expect the Ritz, but its clean and comfortable, you get a basic breakfast in the morning.

This is a great place to stay. They have a wee small kitchen for cooking and a great public area for eating. Breakfast was great too. The location is amazing and the beds so comfy. They even have a terrace where we could drink and watch the stars. The staff, now this is the best part, are amazing. Alberto did everything for us. He organised a road trip to the levadas too with his friend Fabio which was amazing also. Fabio and Alberto sorted everything for us and the location is perfect. Great!

I had a really pleasant stay in Funchal. Staff was really friendly and helpful, breakfast was totally okay, the room was clean and cosy and the view on the terrace on the top of the roof is really stunning. I'd totally recommend this hotel, if you're looking for a budget holiday in the center of Funchal. Obrigada!

Excellent for price and position. The pension is an old building so you don't have to expect big room or luxury bedroom. Is good to wash and sleep. Enjoy Funchal and Madeira!

This review corresponds to the Residencial Pension Funchal. I booked two nights on the Residencial Monaco but on the arrival Alberto told me that he relocated us to another residencial, of a friend of him, which is the residencial Funchal. He walked us til the other residencial, which we appreciated bc it was late at night. Residencial Funchal is just infront Mercado.do.Lavradores,.hot water,...we ended up booking for 3 more nights bc we liked it and it is close to everything.

View all Funchal Bed and Breakfasts