Residencial Noelia Hostel Reviews

Fray Luis Beltran N.119, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

When we booked, Hostel world gave us a price "with all taxes included". When it came to paying, Noelia charged us an extra 20% claiming it was an Argentinian thing (rubbish). Unfortunately it does say on their hostelworld profile, taxes not included. This difference in pricing needs to be cleaned up with Noelia and Hostelworld. We investigated further and found exactly the same thing had happened earlier this year, most likely meaning that Hostelworld and Noelia already knew about this problem.

• 5th Nov 2015

First Of all i would recommend everyone to not stay there. Guys, pick another hostel! Why? They charged US a lot more than the ammount we booked and used stupid excuses for that. Another point: they promised me to arrange a transfer to the Airport - problem: they did not do, so I had to take an expensive taxi and almost even missed my flight. I really hate this hostel! Thanks for nothing!

• 2nd Oct 2015

It was pretty a good stay. But the hostel has a big problem with the water : we stayed there two days and on one of the two it was impossible to have water : it means no shower, teeth brush, toilets, ... Also, there are some cockroach

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Have stayed in much nicer hostels for less than this price (watch out for the non included tax). My towel & pillowcase were damp because there were leaks in the roof. Half of the lockers in the dorm were broken. Had to eat dinner out of a saucepan with a spoon as the kitchen was so under-equipped! Didn't enjoy my stay here at all.

Lovely location but the room had no natural light, the shower was cold, there was not a lot of variety for breakfast, wifi didn't work in the bedrooms, rooms were not cleaned in the 3 days we were there and it was generally disappointing. More of a holiday place for locals with lots of children.

Really expect what you pay for at this hostel... It's definitely rough around the edges and you may not sleep that comfortably, but if you're only in iguazu for one or two nights its fine. It's got free wifi running all through so really you're sussed. Friendly enough atmosphere but not very lively, as everyone only stays a short while. Perfect for the young backpacker who doesn't mind roughing it and getting a few pieces of bread for brekkie, ooh but there is a fantastic range of tea!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • mollymexico
  • New Zealand

The staff were all great and I really liked the overall vibe of the place. The kitchen was a bit small and cramped, but had the basics for cooking. A good, simple breakfast. If you are looking for a good, cheap hostel, then Noelia is perfect for you (I would definitely come back)

The staff was nice and friendly, they are offering to bring you to the waterfalls and collect you again that was pretty cool, but it was a pitty that someone stole money out of our bags we left there while we were at the waterfalls - I had a private room with my girlfriend and we ALWAYS locked the door when we left the room!

Lovely hostel overall. Great WiFi, good location, lovely staff. Major downside was kitchen, very badly equipped and dirty. Also the room was dirty, floor hadn't swept in a long time, and bedding stained. The shower had a leak which meant floor covered in water every time, simple to fix with sealer.

I don`t know if it was only our room, but there was an awful smell from the bathroom in the room . When we arrive, there was water all over the floor, the staff saw it but didn`t do much about it. Another staff tried to clean the day after, but it didn`t solve the problem with the bathroom. The breakfast was good, the kitchen ok and wifi not always working! The pool seemed nice but we did not use it!

Noelia was as you would expect for the price. The staff were lovely and helpful, the atmosphere was very chilled and cool, the location was good. However the hot water often did not work, the kitchen had very little equipment, the wifi was very temperamental and would not work in the rooms. Overall, a decent place for what you pay.

View all Puerto Iguazu Bed and Breakfasts