Residenza Ca' Dario Reviews

Santa Croce 642, Venice, Italy

The staff was rude. I had trouble finding reception because it was a block away from where the directions told online. The hours they say in the email and their actual hours are different. Wifi did not work in my room. The lady told me to stand outside to get wifi. The breakfast was a juice box and two bagged croissants. I have stayed in a lot of hostels that were nicer than this.

Can't beat the location of this place and it was nice to get out of hostel dorms for a few nights on an extended trip. A/C worked great which is key in summer Venice heat. I just wish they would let you in the kitchen any time to cook (stupid that they only open it in the morning for breakfast) and need to fix the shower situation.. Bathroom floor was always soaked. I assume it was because there was nowhere to put things while showering so people kept it outside and opened the shower door a lot.

Good value for money, however the location isn't that great.

Staff was extremely unwelcoming, felt like I was doing them a favour by having made a reservation.The receptionist has no customer skills whatsoever, and she could learn how to smile every now and then!!! Other than that, good location- close to train station, and spacious room. Breakfast was a joke.

When we arrived we had to wait 1,5 hour even though when we booked we said we arrived 2pm but when we came it was closed... Siesta or something. And the adress was wrong we came to a different place. Only luck we met someone who could tell us that the reception was another place. Luckily it was a resturant right across the street so we ate there and wated... Room was good. And about 5minutes walk from station

Had a very pleasant stay at Residenza Ca' Dario! Conveniently located walking distance from the train station. There is also a marker nearby which is open until 9:30 and a laundromat around the corner. The staff was friendly and the rooms were cleaned every day. Would definitely recommend this place!

Very rude blonde lady on the desk who we dealt with twice, however, the night we checked in there was a very friendly and polite male. I think it depends on the other people staying on your floor that has a big effect on your stay, luckily we shared with friendly and clean travellers.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts