Residenza Santa Croce Reviews

Santa Croce 598a, Santa Croce, Venice, Italy

A long walk from the bus station, and while the staff are friendly, they aren't as assisstive as pin other hostels I've stayed in.

Check in office is far from hostel. But hostel is not very far from station. It is close to tourist spots and a supermarket. Sockets are not near beds so inconvenient to use. Toilet lock is unfit so you may have some surprise. Its ventilation fan sounds like a helicopter so may inform it is being occupied. I put my toothpaste, brush, shaver and manicure clipper in a nylon bag on the table next to my bed but room keeper took or threw it away. Wifi signals not available inside but outside room

The only thing that is not good in this place is: the office is far from the room and they ask you to go first in the office to do the check in. After this you discover that your room isn't in that place and you need to walk about 15minutes through the streets and cross some bridges with your stuffs. Imagine this after you traveled for long time and you are so tired!! It's terrible!!

The adress on the website is near the train station, but in fact this is the adress of only the check in station, and the hostel is very far from there. When you have heavy luggage is really difficult to get there and cross all the bridges. The wi-fi doesn't work inside the room, so to use it you need to stay stand in the hall. There is no member of staff in the hostel and no reception, so if you need anything they are not available in person.

The walk to regrister for this accomodation was long. Then after paying and signing in another long walk to accomodation. All too much for us.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The wifi didn't work at all in our room, so we had to sit in the hallway to get connected and even then it was very slow if multiple people were trying to use it

On the hostel world's map is not correct ,so I lost my way. it is really difficult to find the front office.And I never thought of that,,,from the front to my room,we need to walk 20min while holding my luggage..And inside room ,there has no Wi-fi connection.The low price is good,but next time,I will try another hotel.

We booked a double-room wich was expensive, but ok for venice. when we arrived at the hostel the lady told us that our room is not part of the hostel and that we have to walk 10 minutes there. she told us the street and marked it on a map. We went there but we couldn't find neither the location nor the street. And even after asking many people we couldn't find it. We called her. And the location was nearby but not where she marked it. We did not have wifi in our room. The rest was ok.

• 17th Oct 2014

Worst hostel ever, The check in was at a different spot to where your room was! The 6 bedroom dorm couldn't connect to wifi in room, so had to sit in cold corridor to use the wifi. No common room, no kitchen. In the 6 bedroom dorm there is a fridge and a kettle, although there is only a sink in the bathroom. The bathroom has a extrememly loud fan in it, so if you come in late, or have to leave early and need to use bathroom you are likely to wake everyone in the room..

• 13th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

It is expensive for what you get, but it is Venice. The staff is not the best but I didn´t find a better offer.

I had a private room at Santa Croce and, while it was expensive compared to other cities, it was a relative bargain for Venice. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful and the location was great.

Listing states that booking will be at one of their locations but I didn't expect it to be on the other aide of Venice! Beds in room were like camp stretchers that had been used for so long they sagged to the side and were not comfortable at all. Bed covers dated back to the 80s. Bathroom was sooooo small and toilet went under stairs of apartment above. Not a hostel environment so no chance of meeting others. No city information provided. Never paid so much money for so little before.

Great staff and location, the atmosphere is completly connected to the city...we need to walk to the place, it's mysterious but nice as well. the decoration of the rooms is very old fashion but we sleep so well !!!! it's very quite! I'll come back!

Good location, very close to Ca Dora vaporetto stop and Billa supermarket. Quick access to all that Venice has to offer. Hot water all the time, clean room and clean towels every 2-3 days, plus sheet change. Will go there again.

• 10th Sep 2014

It was a good experience, although I had some reservations about staying in a shared room. The location is fantastic, the bed linen was clean, so were the toilet and bathroom.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Uzbekistan

Was happy with accommodation. Was great for us because we had our own travel plans. Not a good place to stay if you want to meet other people. Also, you check in at the address stated which is nice and close to the station but then you are directed to another location of where your rooms will be. This worked out better because our rooms were more central.bit tricky if you have a lot of heavy baggage. Staff were very helpful at check in, giving clear directions to rooms, supermarkets etc

We were instructed how to find our single in a mass of buildings being given 4 keys to open four different doors. We had to walk with luggage for many blocks to find our room. We had to get help finding the street and the location. We were told by other hotels that this was an illegal operation to rent out single rooms from private apartments. There were no signs at all, except on the actual door. The room had a drape covering the ceiling as if to hid something. The office hours were limited.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel seems to have doorms spread out around the city which made us have to walk back and forth with heavy lugage. Otherwise it was a nice and calm hostel.

I didn't recommend this hostel, the hostel is at 20 min walking from the check in reception, I had a very heavy luggage so to go there, it was the worst experience in a hostel. Very expensive for the real prestation ! Very noisy room and bathroom with their bad air fan and dry conditioning ! The rooms looks like not a hostel !

The 6 bedroom hostel is far away from where you check in, but the room is very large and spacious with a mini fridge! The location of the room is also closer to the center of town, so once I got through the whole checking in process I was happy with the situation. A little expensive overall, but a good place to stay.