Residenza Santa Croce Reviews

Santa Croce 598a, Santa Croce, Venice, Italy

On the hostel world's map is not correct ,so I lost my way. it is really difficult to find the front office.And I never thought of that,,,from the front to my room,we need to walk 20min while holding my luggage..And inside room ,there has no Wi-fi connection.The low price is good,but next time,I will try another hotel.

It is expensive for what you get, but it is Venice. The staff is not the best but I didn´t find a better offer.

I had a private room at Santa Croce and, while it was expensive compared to other cities, it was a relative bargain for Venice. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful and the location was great.

Listing states that booking will be at one of their locations but I didn't expect it to be on the other aide of Venice! Beds in room were like camp stretchers that had been used for so long they sagged to the side and were not comfortable at all. Bed covers dated back to the 80s. Bathroom was sooooo small and toilet went under stairs of apartment above. Not a hostel environment so no chance of meeting others. No city information provided. Never paid so much money for so little before.

Great staff and location, the atmosphere is completly connected to the city...we need to walk to the place, it's mysterious but nice as well. the decoration of the rooms is very old fashion but we sleep so well !!!! it's very quite! I'll come back!

Good location, very close to Ca Dora vaporetto stop and Billa supermarket. Quick access to all that Venice has to offer. Hot water all the time, clean room and clean towels every 2-3 days, plus sheet change. Will go there again.

• 10th Sep 2014

It was a good experience, although I had some reservations about staying in a shared room. The location is fantastic, the bed linen was clean, so were the toilet and bathroom.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Uzbekistan

Was happy with accommodation. Was great for us because we had our own travel plans. Not a good place to stay if you want to meet other people. Also, you check in at the address stated which is nice and close to the station but then you are directed to another location of where your rooms will be. This worked out better because our rooms were more central.bit tricky if you have a lot of heavy baggage. Staff were very helpful at check in, giving clear directions to rooms, supermarkets etc

We were instructed how to find our single in a mass of buildings being given 4 keys to open four different doors. We had to walk with luggage for many blocks to find our room. We had to get help finding the street and the location. We were told by other hotels that this was an illegal operation to rent out single rooms from private apartments. There were no signs at all, except on the actual door. The room had a drape covering the ceiling as if to hid something. The office hours were limited.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel seems to have doorms spread out around the city which made us have to walk back and forth with heavy lugage. Otherwise it was a nice and calm hostel.

I didn't recommend this hostel, the hostel is at 20 min walking from the check in reception, I had a very heavy luggage so to go there, it was the worst experience in a hostel. Very expensive for the real prestation ! Very noisy room and bathroom with their bad air fan and dry conditioning ! The rooms looks like not a hostel !

The 6 bedroom hostel is far away from where you check in, but the room is very large and spacious with a mini fridge! The location of the room is also closer to the center of town, so once I got through the whole checking in process I was happy with the situation. A little expensive overall, but a good place to stay.

i have never seen like this hostel in my life. they explained their location on hostel world. that place is right location. but if you stay at that hostel you should move to other place to stay in that place is far away from the check in office. and the dormitory isn't served to connect on the wifi But you can use the wifi in the middle of hall with inconvenient pose i dont recommand here to stay

It's a very nice place with very kind and helpful staff! I'd surely return to this hostel when I go to Venice again.

The check-in place and real hostel was different. We had to walk all the way through the bridges. It was irritating to go back and move in hot weather. The room was nice, though. It was very close to the station, San Marcoula. It was located in the narrow, dark street, so it was little scary to move at night. It is great hostel for short staying. It had water-boiling machine, and refrigerator.

check in office and room both within 5 min. walk from train station Santa Luca. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Baggage deposit after check out at office free of charge. Small room

Good location, although had some trouble finding the reception, to then be told our room was on the other side of Venice however it was situated right next to the supermarket, 10 min walk from st marks square and 5 min walk from train station. For the price this is an ideal location and would stay here again.

They've got a strict "No Guest policy" with a 500 euro fine which was unfortunate. Also the main lobby is a mile away from the apartment where the 6 person mixed dorm was.

The check-in office is in a different place than the room, something that is not stated anywhere as far as I am concerned. The staff was not friendly nor not-friendly. There was no internet during my whole stay of two days. The location of the room is good, near to a super-market and not very far away from San Marco's square. Apart from that, the room was clean enough as well as the bathroom.

Nice enough room but not a hostel vibe at all, more like a shared hotel room. There are a lot of rules and it's incredibly irritating that the directions they give are for the office, and the actual room where you stay is on the other side of town in a completely unmarked building.