Residenza Universitaria 'Maria Ausiliatrice' Reviews

Castello Fondamento Gioacchin 454, Venice, Italy

We liked the place and the neighborhood. It was clean and friendly. But we should like to have a kitchen.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

Our bathroom and floors were dirty, with hairs and dust left behind. No toilet paper or hand soap. Immediately upon sitting on my bed, my mattress fell through. I found that it was missing several wooden slats that would have held the bed up. I told staff: no apologies; they just sort of laughed. Venice is stifling in July, and the only way to get air into the room is to open balcony doors. Balcony is shared with other guests--didn't feel very secure, as they could walk in if they wanted.

Hostel should offer fan In the summer time. The best is to install Air-conditioning The garbage should be collected from the rooms every day.

The goal of my trip was a cheap place to stay and visit the biennale. The location was perfect, in between the two expo locations and a out of the hustle and bustle of the hectic tourist areas, yet still quickly accessible by public transport. The place is very basic and clean, that what you might expect for this price. I liked the place, the friendly staff. Only improving matters for me would be security -not check when entering the building- and good wireless internet..

• 24th Jul 2013

The hostel cancelled my reservation the day before my arrival. There was a misunderstanding over my credit card that was resolved in a few e-mail exchange. However, they also told me that the hostel was full! Upon arriving, there were maybe two more guests and during the entire week of our stay we have seen 4 rooms rented for 1 or 2 days each. I found this an unnecessary and disturbing twisting of the truth. Otherwise we were satisfied with the experience and enjoyed the friendliness of the st

• 20th Jul 2013

The building is very simple and the the "common area" is a bit abandon, not cosy at all. No one stays there. There's a fridge but no oven. One bed in the room was broken. The location is good for the Bienalle, but not central - as transportation in Venice is ridiculously expensive. Internet never worked. But the staff was nice and let me use their computer a bit. My friend had a booking but when she arrived it was canceled, no explanation. No map. It's expensive for what is offers.

Staff was not friendly. They were behind a glass window. this is more of a 1 star hotel, not a hostel. No social aspect about this hostel

• 19th Jul 2013