Rest Up London

6.8
Good 1580 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
11th Jul 2017

Fantastic stay! Just one minor point - a temperature gauge in the shower would have been nice - very hot!

Hi! Thank you so much for the excellent review! I'm glad you had such a great stay with us and hope to see you back again :-) Johan, reception

• England, Male, 31-40
10th Jul 2017
4.9

The main issue for us was how rude the staff were. Never smiled and talked to me in a patronizing way.

Hi! I'm incredibly sorry to hear this, as our excellent staff and staff ratings are usually a major positive for us. We aim at giving the best possible experience when interacting with our staff and I can only apologize that it wasn't the case when you saw us. I hope to see you back again and that you'll have a better experience then. Johan, reception

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
6.0

Nothing outstanding, did the job. There was not a lot of communal area to relax in, so that was a downside. Internet doesn't work in the rooms which was a bit annoying. Overall it was quite ok.

7th Jul 2017
4.6

This hostel allows kids under 18 to stay, so there were teenagers everywhere. They were literally playing football in the halls till late. I paid for a private, double room and paid a ridiculous amount- but it was so tiny, I wish I had gone for a 8 or 18 bed room just so I could have some standing room. The rooms were super hot. The laundry facilities were awful. The staff seemed reluctant to help me when I tried to figure it out. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby or tv room.

Hi! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us, and I can only apologize for the noise from the other guests. After 10PM it should be quiet, and we have multiple staff in the building 24/7 who are happy to help. During your stay we had multiple school groups visiting, which explains the lower age of our guests. The private rooms are basic, but the price is great considering the location. I'm also sorry that you didn't find our staff helpful. I will take this up with the team as our friendly staff is something we're usually very proud of. Johan, reception

• Australia, Female, 25-30
6th Jul 2017
3.7

No lockers in rooms, pay per open for other lockers. The 'ensuite' just a shower so had to queue for bathroom anyway, window barely opened in room for air. Would have been manageable was it not for the hundreds of screaming loud school kids the whole time I was there - made for a terrible atmosphere with very few others in the whole place to talk to. Wifi did not work in room and couldn't find anywhere to sit for the school kids in shared areas - the outdoor roof was closed the whole time too.

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm surprised by your ensuite experience, as all our ensuite rooms are with shower and bathroom. Some of our private shared bathroom rooms do have a shower, but no bathroom. During your stay we had multiple school groups on language trips staying in the building, and we had quite a few complaints. I can only apologize and hope the experience will not repeat itself. Johan, reception

6th Jul 2017
2.6

This has been the WORST experience I've had in years of staying at hostels. I paid for a private ensuite room and it was horrible. The place smelled like mold, it had no ventilation, I couldn't stay in the room due to the high temperature. The staff is unbelievably rude and yell "WHAT?!" at you when you ask for assistance. I wish this places closes down soon, I really do. Oh, and the wifi didn't work not even in the common area. Consequently, forget the idea of using uber or google. Horrible.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Jul 2017
5.4

Some sleeping in my bed... Had to share a tiny single bed with my partner on first night as staff didn't assist. Elevator was an absolute nightmare and couldn't access room via stairs... Would not stay here again.

• frankipower1889
  • Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
4th Jul 2017
4.6

There was no wifi in the rooms and someone had their phone stolen during our stay. The lounge and dining was nice but the rooms were hot and uncomfortable.

3rd Jul 2017
6.9

Decent hostel for the money, especially in London. There were no charging ports in the room, so everyone has to crowd downstairs to charge their phone and there is hardy an open outlet. Other than that, no complaints.

3rd Jul 2017
4.0

This is by far the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Lockers are pay per use, and not located in the rooms. There's no wifi in the rooms, and the common area wifi is awful. The hostel is located 0.5 mile from Elephant and Castle tube, and it's a dodgy walk (especially at night). Walls and mattresses are incredibly thin and unpleasant. Multiple people were evicted from the hostel while I was there. Stay somewhere else in London!!! This place is awful.