Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

Compared to other hostels, I felt there was space in the bedrooms (no bunk beds 20 cm below the ceiling... and the light bulb). Staff is friendly and the hostel is well located as the Tube station is not far and many buses connect it to the main landmarks.

The lockers required renting at exorbitant rates, at something like 5 pounds each time the locker was opened. The showers were like those push button sinks, and only ran for 15 seconds at a time. The room was only 5 feet by 17 feet for four people, and the price was excessive at 20 pounds per night. This was by far the worst of the half dozen hostels I saw in Europe.

• 11th Aug 2015

Been staying here for about nearly 1 month, everything good except the wifi that keeps on getting down every other minute & so on..

Pretty good hostel in terms of what you are paying. The location was 10-15 minute walk from the closest tube station but because the tube is efficient you can get anywhere from there very easily. They try to jam the beds in but overall it pretty perfectly sums up the name, you go for a night to rest up and jet.

Wifi was terrible and there was no facilities to cook yourself any food or even get a glass of water was just told to use the bathrooms to fill up a bottle was good location though close to all the sights on the underground

The reception has unapropriate behavior to deal with foreigners. They charged me wrong. In first day I bought an special breakfast menu and they dont delivered because I was late 2minutes and refused to give my money back. Anywhere in the world a host need to receive well the visitors. I felt the opposite from the staff.. It was like they were doing me a favor. I stayed only 6h on the place and leave.

Wifi is suck! D business is earning a lot, wud it b too mch upgrade their broadbnd???

The only thing is that you can't check in until 15 p.m and you have to check out at 10 a.m, so it is less than 24 hours.

It was a nice stay in this hostel. Everything is good, cozy bed and clean toilet/ shower room. Would definitely come back again in the future.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

El internet estaba pesimo! Esta mejor el internet de mcdonalds y tienes q estar en el lobby xk en los cuartos no hay!

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

The rooms were cramed, both my boyfriend and I had sheets with stains that looked like blood. It's a large place to hangout thou

Really nice people. They help us with bags and showers even a night we did not stay. Amazing guys.

Too noisy with many kids running around. The food is bad. And I got allergic to the bedsheets. The bathroom is awful.

The bathrooms we gross. Having a 20bed dorm with 2 toilets on the floor with one stall that doesn't lock does not make any sense.

• 18th Jul 2015

the hostel was fine, but the common room is not exactly cozy and welcoming. There were a lot of schoolkids on summercamp in the hostel. So having kids running around and knocking on your door isn't what I expect from a hostel.

This was actually a pretty good hostel for London. Great facilities and staff, clean and new space. Dorms were tidy and fine. Never had to line up for showers etc. The location is average, it's about a 7-10 minute walk from the tube stop but there are lots of buses out the front. The wifi only works in the common area (not in the dorms). There were lots of school children groups there too.

Hardly any powerpoints. Not really worth the money.

Great Hostel with good location. The price was really cheap 4 us, we booked it at the best time. It was a mixed room with quite friendly and nice people from Switzerland China and Germany. The shower and the restroom was clean. The bed was comfortable. Our room was on the ground floor, which means it was really noisy in the morning. The WIFI was horrible. It worked well only between 2 am to 6 am but after that... There was only obe washing machine.... Always reserved

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

I had to change rooms four times over the five nights I was there due to booking errors or something on their part. Very annoying. Plus area felt kinda dodgy walking back from the underground station at night, if you're female and a solo traveller like myself.

Overall, the staff was friendly and the location was convenient. However, I found the 12 person dorm to be very packed for its size and it ddn't help that only 1 small window could open, making it a very sweaty evening and morning. I felt the worst part was the internet. You have to sit in a very tiny lounge in order to get any internet, which made traveling plans difficult as the signal was very poor . Also, it was always packed so I could not use any outlets to even charge my phone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3