6.9
Good 846 Total Reviews
6.9
Good 846 Total Reviews
Rest Up London Located at 172 New Kent Road, , London.
England
London london SE1 4YT 172 New Kent Road
69% 846
51.4939826 -0.0904225
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, All Female Group, 25-30
20th May 2016
6.0

If you want a relatively cheap hostel in London to stay, this is a good choice. At the time that we were there the atmosphere wasn't that great. A lot of (I'm sorry to say but weird) guys were staying / hanging around that made us feel very uncomfortable. For example a naked guy in the girl's bathroom etc. Overall nothing wrong with the hostel itself, they are trying to keep it clean and if you are lucky with some people it's quite a nice hostel.

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th May 2016
4.3

They have no age limit, so we ran into children staying in the hostel which created a VERY noisy atmosphere. There are also no outlets in most rooms, and the wifi is absolutely awful. They charge way too much for how poor their hostel is. The beds are too close to move around much in the room, and honestly it smelled worse than anywhere I have ever stayed. The area is also not very nice, so avoid walking around alone or late at night. I would not recommend it at all.

• Taiwan, Male, 18-24
13th May 2016

The best shower and breakfast I ever had. there are many cheap meal shops across from the hostel including TESCO express !! But the shame is lockers are not free for us, you have to pay 2 GBP for only one time... In general, I really like here!!

• South Africa, Male, 18-24
13th May 2016

My stay was very pleasant, the building is amazing and the furniture is awesome, it gives you a nice homely feel every time you walk through reception, the staff are really nice and the security staff really make you feel safe! only thing missing is a self catering kitchen but the chef cooks an awesome pizza.

• Greece, All Female Group, 18-24
12th May 2016

Great hostel to stay at! I came with one friend and stayed for a week. The atmosphere was great, making it really easy to become friends with others in the hostel. The staff was very friendly and provided many suggestions for places to visit and things to see. The location is kind of far from touristic sites but the buses pass by extremely often. Showers aren't the best, but they work. Overall, would go back :)

Hello, Thank you so much for your review! It motivate us to keep improving and giving a better service everyday. Our friendly staff is always willing to help with any doubt that you might have. I wish a good day, Best Regards Lia@reception

• England, Female, 18-24
12th May 2016

Positives * Lovely decor. * Atmosphere is great, a lot of different kinds of people. * Beds are comfy * Clean * Staff are amazing! Negatives * A bit noisy sometimes

Hello, Thank you so much for taking your time to write your review, it motivate us and help us improve our services and facilities to make the staying of our guest the best they can have! Our staff is always willing to help you with whatever the question is. Looking forward to have you with us again! Best regards. Lia @reception

• England, Female, 31-40
10th May 2016
7.7

I have stayed in a fair few London Hostels but this was my first time at Rest Up. My greeting was very good from the front desk and the man checking me in was very friendly and polite. The room was very clean including the en suite. The noise level was pretty terrible. I had booked a private room as I had big plans the next day but alas was woken up at 6am from the insane level of noise/door slamming in the hallway (and I wear earplugs). I would stay again but not as a first choice.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
8th May 2016
4.9

I chose this hostel as it was the cheapest on offer, but having stayed at a number of hostels to date, this was one of the worst ones. I'm not sure when the place was last cleaned, and the place smelled pretty bad overall. The bed looked clean enough though. You can't turn the light off in the dorm. Wifi was only available in common areas, and there were no power sockets to be found in the dorm. I didn't bother using the shower there. The staff, however, were very helpful and friendly.

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
6th May 2016
8.0

Fine place. Really cute, helpful employee at the desk. Be prepared, ALCOHOL FREE HOSTEL. Sorta weird part of town, but real close to everything you'd want to see. Not the best bathrooms or most comfortable beds.

Thank you for your review! Our hostel is located just next to the London Bridge with many of cool bars and pubs. We host teenagers as well which is the reason why we don't serve alcohol in the common areas. We're doing our best to provide the highest level of customer service. However we're a budget place so I'm really sorry that room didn't meet your expectations.. Best regards, Bea @ reception

• Slovenia, Female, 25-30
6th May 2016

Stayed here only for one night but no complains. Rooms were cozy and tidy, the bathroom was clean. Very helpful staff. Hostel is not located so far away from the tourist attractions..it only took us around 30 minutes slow walk from there to the hostel. Definitely recommend staying there.

Thank you a lot for nice words! We really appreciate it. Rest Up Hostel is a budget place but we make our best to make stay of every single traveler nice and easy. We're improving for our customers! Hope you stay with us again :) Best regards, Bea @ reception