Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

Very noisy and hot hostel with single travelers placed on same floors as foreign school parties. The young people were unsupervised, Smoked in rooms, and were making noise to 3 am. The rooms were badly ventilated with a small window and became unbearably hot and stuffy. I have stayed in many hostels across London and know what to expect given the costs of such places but this hostel was without a doubt the worst hostel I have stayed at and would I would never use it again.

• 16th Jul 2014

We thought the Rest Up was expensive considering it basically a youth hostel.You had to pay for towels and a 10 pound deposit for each key which was refunded. The place was noisy and a lot of the youth there did not show respect for others and our daughters were spat on by drunk guys whilst using the internet. Loud music was played in the room next door. The showers were too hot and rooms stuffy and humid as no air conditioning and windows were locked to a small opening. No we wouldn't return.

The Wi-Fi doesn't work in the rooms and the layout of the hotel is a bit confusing, that being said everything else about this place is great. The staff was very nice, it's very close to the elephant and castle tube station, and there's a small eatery called Five Star just down the block with amazing fish and chips. I will be staying here again in the future.

I find it difficult to understand why a cheap white towel has a charge of £2.00, when I pay almost £180, for 2 nights in a private room for 2 people. Its hard to sleep with the road noise without double glazing also with the flood light shining onto the windows all night long. One member of staff couldn't be bother to take my money for 2 coffees, and told me to ask his colleage next to him, when he was doing nothing. I expect 2 single beds in a twin room, not a bunk bed.

• 11th Jul 2014

Despite the location, cheap dorms and overall cleanness of the facilities, not recommended. The building leaves much to be desired in terms of design: between an agonizingly fussy elevator and stairwells locked for the upper floors, it was ridiculously frustrating just trying to get around. However, the incompetence of the staff was what really made it an unpleasant stay. Also, the only lockers require you to pay each time you open the locker, which at 2-3 pounds each time adds up quickly.

The great thing at Rest Up is space! Between the beds, even in 20 people dorms, in the common rooms, outside: it is not a cramped youth hostel and that's great. Plus the staff was friendly so definitely a place to stay when strapped for cash.

I would suggest putting like minded people in the same dorms, where possible. For example 6 of 8 people in our dorm had to creep around the room 99% of the time as two people slept late in the mornings and early at night. They told us to be quiet and turn off lights numerous time when we always whispered and only used the light from our phones to see where we were going. Not the fault of the hostel of course but might ensure someone else's stay is that little bit better! :)

• 4th Jul 2014

Young hostel with very simple and small rooms. Used the twin-room with own bathroom. Small, but clean. Staff very polite, friendly and helpful.

The accomodation is handy for seeing central sites. The private rooms are quite small but all you need to rest! The place was generally very clean, however We did have Ants in our room. The Staff suggested we close our window to keep them out (28degrees outside, small room, no aircon/fan) which we did but the ants could still get in through cracks in the window frame. Apart from this our stay was fine.

I wasn't impressed. I booked a 4 bed female dorm, but the room was like a prison cell. It was so small the 2 bunk beds were almost touching and the mattress was plastic. I didn't like this place, overpriced for what you get and not all that clean.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

An unauthorized person was sleeping in our room the night we stayed and we felt very insecure. When we told the receptionist the next morning, she did not intend to do anything about it.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Austria

A hostel very quiet, easily accessible by public transport in the city ... The staff explained to me in detail how to get around the city and in the hostel. Service and cleanliness OK!!

• 19th Jun 2014

No kitchen for guess use, and a couple of the showers where very dodgy, with no temp control. And the guess rec room felt kinda sterile

Met fabulous people from every part of the world.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

The hostel was lovely, I even extended my stay in London.

The hostel is clean and very easy to reach. The rooms however are very small, you have no space to sit. And the

• 8th Jun 2014

Staff were really helpful, and the showers amazing! Only downside really was the room was abit creepy at night

• 4th Jun 2014

There were a lot of good things about the hostel that I enjoyed, though there were several horrible realities as well. For starters, the location is good as it is near a tube station. The laundry, restaurant, vending machines, and lounge areas were great. The downside, however, is that the large groups of students that stay here really make the "rest" in the name a farce. I had to go down to the desk to have them shut them up after midnight. The staff was great, though, and did the trick.

The hostel itself is nice, but it is in a very sketchy and unsafe part of town.

• 29th May 2014

Recepcionists are rude and not very helpful. Rooms are disgusting with limited access to powerpoints. Showers are too far away from some rooms. Check-in is at 4pm!!! What the hell?!?!

« first « Prev 1 2 3