Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

The lack of plugs in the room was very inconvenient. One wants to charge a phone overnight near to your bed - at least in the room. Showers - could have more hooks behind door and a shelf of some sort in the shower to put clothes on whilst showering. Toilets were super stuffy and smelly.

The hostel wifi only worked in the café and was difficult to connect to. There were EF Tour groups that were young and out of control which made the lobby hard to navigate at times because there were so many people. However, because we were large group they let us store our stuff for free and pay before we actually checked in. They called taxis whenever we asked which was great.

• 26th Jun 2015

There were just really too many loud kids staying there every night occupying all common areas. The rooms were too small and too hot and if I opened the window , you could hear the traffic noises.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Norway

Electric plugs in the rooms would be useful to charge the portable electronics. Do not change the ceramics in the 20 beds dormitories or TV rooms.

Okay my time here was bad! this has to be one of the worst backpackers I have ever stayed at! what a joke. heres why! take my comments and actually do something about them to improve! - have to pay for lockers!? what a joke! - no free breakfast! - Pay for towels? wtf! -wifi is absolutely terrible! doesnt work at all in any rooms, and not even on ground level where you say it does! -no laundry, no washing or ironing facilities -no kitchen to cook in! -no towel rack in ensuite bathroom!

• 19th Jun 2015

Everything was great especially the staff! They are super helpful and very polite. The only thing that was a negative was the wifi. It's horrible. You only have it in the common areas. And even there, it drops you off every 2 minutes it seems like. Other than that, it was great!

• 19th Jun 2015

First things first: The staff was very professional, very helpful - can't say enough about how really fine they were. The wifi was a problem. The connection kept dropping and that made Skype calls impossible.

- my internet connection kept dropping - and that means my skype phone calls were impossible. - the staff are really nice - friendly and helpful

Our group of four really enjoyed everything about Rest Up London except that wifi was limited to public spaces only. I understand the concept of bringing people together in the public gathering spaces, but come on- most other hostels have this amenity and I promise you that this is a deal breaker for some! With that exception, we really did enjoy our stay and found the place well kept and the staff very helpful!

Enjoyed my stay. Lovely and clean

Wifi only in communal areas and not very strong. No lights over individual beds so people turn the main lights on in the dorm in the Middle of the night. Beds were a bit creaky but you get what you pay for as it is so cheap. Lockers aren't the ones with padlocks so cost extra as they are coin operated. Staff were lovely and place was very clean. Very teenage/student feel.

I stayed at this hostel before and gave it a bad review because there were no hot showers for a couple of days and the lifts weren't working. But it's now fixed up and the staff is really helpful and friendly compared to my previous stay! Though, if you're looking to meet travelers this is not a good place. But I guess it's almost everywhere the case nowadays that people only care about their smartphones and laptop computers when hanging out in the lounges and communal areas..

• 7th Jun 2015

Very nice staff.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

Fit my budged will definitely come back

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice hostel, good location. The bathroom are WAY too far from the room itself and the wifi is fair(doesn't work inside the room) the price is too high for what you get. The location is fair, 10 min walk from the train station. The room is small and the shower not work properly (you have to push a button every time to activate the water).

good hostel.

• 4th Jun 2015

I stayed here with my boyfriend in a double room & the bunks were very tiny, as was the room. It felt very cramped. The location wasn't fab, it was a bit of a walk to a tube station & then not super central to the city

Good location. Staff was nice and helpful, internet was pretty awful and there wasn't really much of a social room. No kitchen to make your own food. Did kind of feel like you were in a prison. But a good stay if you just want to relax and get away from the mess of the city.

I would recommend this accommodation for your rest up in London. The room i was in was clean although small but i wasn't expecting much since i used the room only for sleeping and the room was ideal for it. Bed was just the right size for me. There were some security features on windows which prevented it from opening more but it was enough to fresh up the room.

• 28th May 2015
  • Croatia

Awesome hostel, would definitely stay here again! Staff was helpful and friendly, the lobby was cool, beds were squeaky but comfortable. Heard it was in a sketchy neighborhood but it's not bad at all. As a young woman travelling by myself, I never felt unsafe. Very close to the tube and you can walk to attractions along the Thames in a half hour. Only complaint is that the showers are scalding, but other than that everything was fine. Definitely worth the price!

• 26th May 2015