7.1
Very Good 1,031 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 1,031 Total Reviews
Rest Up London Located at 172 New Kent Road, , London.
England
London london SE1 4YT 172 New Kent Road
71% 1031
51.4939826 -0.0904225
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016
4.0

Rooms felt like a prison

Hello Jordan, Thank you so much for your review! It motivate us to improve and give a better service and facilities to our guest. Due to the fact that Driscoll House is a listed building, we aren't allowed to modify the sizing of the room, nevertheless we are changing our common areas to provide a better stay. I hope to see you again with us soon, Best regards, Lia@reception

• Sweden, Couple, 18-24
17th Sep 2016
6.6

•It absolutely sucks that it it says wifi and then it's ONLY wifi in the lounge room and of course everyone are sitting there to get wifi, so the wifi sucks. • They have a menu up for ordering food. I came to order the first day,but reception says that the chef wasn't cooking today. Next day I try to order again and the girl in the reception says - The chef only cooke for big groups, OK?! • And when we checked out they said that everyone had already checked out from the room? (Obviously not)

Hi! I can only apologize for the restaurant opening hours. We normally have two chefs but at the moment only one, which means the opening hours are not what we'd like the, to be. Wifi is something that we're working on. Because of the size of the building it is currently only in the common areas, and in the evenings and mornings when a lot of people use it at the same time it can become slow. Thank you for the excellent ratings regarding staff and cleanliness, I'm very happy that you found those areas to be satisfactory :) Johan, Duty Manager

• South Korea, Male, 31-40
17th Sep 2016
2.6

I just stayed one night but had serious bedbug bites on my leg. should be cautious of the hygiene.

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that. All our beds are made of metal and mattresses are plastic, materials that bed bugs don't like living in. Our sheets are factory cleaned in high degrees between every use. In other words, any bed bugs found have come with guests from other places and generally don't survive for long in our building. This is exactly what happened recently which is why we treated one of our rooms as a precaution.

15th Sep 2016

I will recommend this hostel to every one because of all the staffs are friendly and very clean .Totally worthful.

Thanks for the awesome review! :D

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
12th Sep 2016

very helpful staff. no lockers in the room. not every bed has a plug. not enough showers and toilets. but the 2 showers and toilets were clean.

Hello, Thank you so much for your review, we will take this on board to improve our facilities ans services. I hope to see you soon again with us, Best regards, Lia@reception

• England, Couple, 18-24
10th Sep 2016
6.6

Check in and check out took soooooo long! Room was tiny literally a bed and enough space to stand up. Shower was broken but they had no other rooms to put us in. They charge £10 deposit for keys so checking out takes so long

Hi! Thanks for the review :) During busy days the earliest checkin hour (3PM) and latest checkout hour (10AM) is can be quite hectic, yes. I can only apologize that you had to wait. Same goes for the shower, which of course shouldn't be broken at all. We have a great maintenance team who are usually quick to fix similar problems. I hope you enjoyed your time in London :)

• England, Male, 25-30
9th Sep 2016
5.1

This place needs a kitchen.

Hi! Thanks for the review. We've made toe conscious decision not to have kitchen facilities but instead have a professional restaurant, which means we are able to offer great meals and better breakfast services. Our cafeteria is also open 24/7.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
8th Sep 2016
3.7

The cleanliness of the facilities was really disgusting overall, and though the location was okay my boyfriend and I were really disappointed in not just the sanitation of RestUp but also the atmosphere. It seemed to be catered towards groups of young teenagers and therefore there was a very strict 'no alcohol' rule. So perhaps if you're looking for somewhere to stay with kids then this is a decent place but as a young adult in her twenties I can say I felt very out of place and uncomfortable.

Hi! Thanks for your review. I'm sorry that you experienced the atmosphere as poor as this is usually something we get great reviews for. Our common areas are newly refurbished and usually buzzing with life and travelers who are socializing. It's true that we do cater to school groups (hence our policy of no alcohol in the common areas), but they normally don't take away from the comfort of others.

• franklandscott
  • England, Male, 18-24
8th Sep 2016
6.3

Great value for money, it had all the necessary requirements for a decent stay; bed, showers etc. The WiFi only works in the lobby which is sort of annoying, and there are no lockers in the rooms only one locker room near the reception, which are not free. All in all, for the price, I couldn't knock it... I had a great time in the city.

Sounds like you had a great stay! Thanks for the great review :) Wifi in the rooms is something that we're currently working on.

• CanadianBoy
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
3rd Sep 2016
7.4

Not a very good hostel if you are looking to meet people. The showers are good and the beds comfy. Breakfast was very good.

Thanks for a great review! I'm sorry if you found it difficult to meet people. Our common areas are usually full of travelers socializing.