Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

The rooms were cramed, both my boyfriend and I had sheets with stains that looked like blood. It's a large place to hangout thou

Too noisy with many kids running around. The food is bad. And I got allergic to the bedsheets. The bathroom is awful.

The bathrooms we gross. Having a 20bed dorm with 2 toilets on the floor with one stall that doesn't lock does not make any sense.

• 18th Jul 2015

This was actually a pretty good hostel for London. Great facilities and staff, clean and new space. Dorms were tidy and fine. Never had to line up for showers etc. The location is average, it's about a 7-10 minute walk from the tube stop but there are lots of buses out the front. The wifi only works in the common area (not in the dorms). There were lots of school children groups there too.

Hardly any powerpoints. Not really worth the money.

Great Hostel with good location. The price was really cheap 4 us, we booked it at the best time. It was a mixed room with quite friendly and nice people from Switzerland China and Germany. The shower and the restroom was clean. The bed was comfortable. Our room was on the ground floor, which means it was really noisy in the morning. The WIFI was horrible. It worked well only between 2 am to 6 am but after that... There was only obe washing machine.... Always reserved

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

I had to change rooms four times over the five nights I was there due to booking errors or something on their part. Very annoying. Plus area felt kinda dodgy walking back from the underground station at night, if you're female and a solo traveller like myself.

Overall, the staff was friendly and the location was convenient. However, I found the 12 person dorm to be very packed for its size and it ddn't help that only 1 small window could open, making it a very sweaty evening and morning. I felt the worst part was the internet. You have to sit in a very tiny lounge in order to get any internet, which made traveling plans difficult as the signal was very poor . Also, it was always packed so I could not use any outlets to even charge my phone.

The lack of plugs in the room was very inconvenient. One wants to charge a phone overnight near to your bed - at least in the room. Showers - could have more hooks behind door and a shelf of some sort in the shower to put clothes on whilst showering. Toilets were super stuffy and smelly.

The staff were incredibly helpful. They checked us in for our flight, helped me connect to wifi and looked up directions to several places.

excellent . only small complaint was the staff were not as attentive as much as i thought they should be and the white walls in the rooms gave us headaches, add a little colour its london! great location and otherwise all round excellent for the price

• 26th Jun 2015

The hostel wifi only worked in the café and was difficult to connect to. There were EF Tour groups that were young and out of control which made the lobby hard to navigate at times because there were so many people. However, because we were large group they let us store our stuff for free and pay before we actually checked in. They called taxis whenever we asked which was great.

• 26th Jun 2015

Beds should be located as they pay. There should be a kitchen in the hostel to help with fooddesires and variety.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

There were just really too many loud kids staying there every night occupying all common areas. The rooms were too small and too hot and if I opened the window , you could hear the traffic noises.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Norway

Overall had a nice time at rest up, good place to put your head down. Had my bunk taken by someone so the guys at reception helped me immediately. The Aussie chick and English guy on reception were super helpful. Overall really clean and the food at the cafe is pretty good. Cheers guys

Electric plugs in the rooms would be useful to charge the portable electronics. Do not change the ceramics in the 20 beds dormitories or TV rooms.

Okay my time here was bad! this has to be one of the worst backpackers I have ever stayed at! what a joke. heres why! take my comments and actually do something about them to improve! - have to pay for lockers!? what a joke! - no free breakfast! - Pay for towels? wtf! -wifi is absolutely terrible! doesnt work at all in any rooms, and not even on ground level where you say it does! -no laundry, no washing or ironing facilities -no kitchen to cook in! -no towel rack in ensuite bathroom!

• 19th Jun 2015

Everything was great especially the staff! They are super helpful and very polite. The only thing that was a negative was the wifi. It's horrible. You only have it in the common areas. And even there, it drops you off every 2 minutes it seems like. Other than that, it was great!

• 19th Jun 2015

First things first: The staff was very professional, very helpful - can't say enough about how really fine they were. The wifi was a problem. The connection kept dropping and that made Skype calls impossible.

- my internet connection kept dropping - and that means my skype phone calls were impossible. - the staff are really nice - friendly and helpful

« first « Prev 1 2 3