Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

I would suggest putting like minded people in the same dorms, where possible. For example 6 of 8 people in our dorm had to creep around the room 99% of the time as two people slept late in the mornings and early at night. They told us to be quiet and turn off lights numerous time when we always whispered and only used the light from our phones to see where we were going. Not the fault of the hostel of course but might ensure someone else's stay is that little bit better! :)

• 4th Jul 2014

Young hostel with very simple and small rooms. Used the twin-room with own bathroom. Small, but clean. Staff very polite, friendly and helpful.

The accomodation is handy for seeing central sites. The private rooms are quite small but all you need to rest! The place was generally very clean, however We did have Ants in our room. The Staff suggested we close our window to keep them out (28degrees outside, small room, no aircon/fan) which we did but the ants could still get in through cracks in the window frame. Apart from this our stay was fine.

I wasn't impressed. I booked a 4 bed female dorm, but the room was like a prison cell. It was so small the 2 bunk beds were almost touching and the mattress was plastic. I didn't like this place, overpriced for what you get and not all that clean.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

An unauthorized person was sleeping in our room the night we stayed and we felt very insecure. When we told the receptionist the next morning, she did not intend to do anything about it.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Austria

A hostel very quiet, easily accessible by public transport in the city ... The staff explained to me in detail how to get around the city and in the hostel. Service and cleanliness OK!!

• 19th Jun 2014

No kitchen for guess use, and a couple of the showers where very dodgy, with no temp control. And the guess rec room felt kinda sterile

Met fabulous people from every part of the world.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

The hostel was lovely, I even extended my stay in London.

The hostel is clean and very easy to reach. The rooms however are very small, you have no space to sit. And the

• 8th Jun 2014

Staff were really helpful, and the showers amazing! Only downside really was the room was abit creepy at night

• 4th Jun 2014

There were a lot of good things about the hostel that I enjoyed, though there were several horrible realities as well. For starters, the location is good as it is near a tube station. The laundry, restaurant, vending machines, and lounge areas were great. The downside, however, is that the large groups of students that stay here really make the "rest" in the name a farce. I had to go down to the desk to have them shut them up after midnight. The staff was great, though, and did the trick.

Very very good location, staff is very friendly

• 29th May 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel itself is nice, but it is in a very sketchy and unsafe part of town.

• 29th May 2014

Recepcionists are rude and not very helpful. Rooms are disgusting with limited access to powerpoints. Showers are too far away from some rooms. Check-in is at 4pm!!! What the hell?!?!

The hostel is excellent, very clean, and the room was perfect. The only con could be that is like 5 blocks from the nearest underground station which after a long day of visiting could be hard. I would recommend and even stay at this hostel again.

Not the best place for the price. Rubber sheets and dirty bathrooms can be found at a more central location for a cheaper price I'm sure.

Computers with internet connection are missing. I think also information about public transports, as tube maps and the schedules of the buses of the nearest bus stops should be provided at the hostel (some flyers with the mentioned information should be enough).

• 9th May 2014
  • Portugal

Poor location and very poor facilties

2 toilets and 3 showers for a floor (60+ people). 1 outlet in a 20 bed room, where people are too stupid to close the door properly, so anyone at anytime can come into the room. They have lockers, but you have to pay 2£-3£ EVERYTIME you close them (~6£ day). No outlets in the bathroom. Showers were way too hot (no regulator). I was in many (cheaper) hostels -Amsterdam, The Hague, Barcelona, Paris, Brussels, Luxembourg City, and more - and none has been so bad so far. Not worth the money.