Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

The showers on my level were a joke, this place just generally feels half done. The wifi is painful and you will have to pay for meals and luggage storage. I think there are places with better locations for a better price/better value it's a shame because the staff were so helpful

For the really very cheap Prices a good hostel; Lounge is very pretty; rooms were clean and okay, showers not so much, but in total a hostel I'd recommend.

• 2nd Jan 2014

This is very nice place to stay and enjoy london vist and good location as well.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Pakistan

Great place to stay, thoroughly enjoyed it. Friendly atmosphere and would definitely stay there again :)

• 30th Dec 2013

The location was great for where I needed to be.The dining area lacked any real atmosphere as no bar, the rooms were small with bunks but clean and tidy. Major problem was the lockers swallow £2 everytime one opens them, and are only available on the ground floor, some lockers should be available on every floor. Toilets clean. In summary a clean, cheap, well located hostel that lacks the social atmosphere of St Christophers or somewhere like that.

• 30th Dec 2013

I have booked a 4bedded room for 3person and was disappointed that the room were too small for 4person staying. We always bumped to each other and even there is no space for our luggages. The size of room should occupy for 2bedded only but not 4bedded.

This hostel is fine, nothing particularly bad and it is clean. HOWEVER, they aren't very honest with the facilities they provide. The lockers are not included in the price and you have to pay 2 pounds every 24hrs, but if you access the locker within those 24 hours you have to re-pay. They do NOT have any kitchen facilities, but will provide you with hot water, but you have to ask them to get it for you. Pretty much they charge you for everything possible.

1 it is located in the south bank of London which is quite mess. One night, we met three thieves around the hostel. One of them tried to rob my friend's phone.2 location is just so-so. the nearest underground station is elephant & castle, which takes us at least 10mins to the station. 3 staff is not friendly. When we ask question, they always say wait a moment. Actually, it took more than 5 mins to wait. and once we wanted to have changes, they say no and I have to go to Tesco for changes.

• 17th Dec 2013
  • China

We were in a 20 bed room. Beds weren't bad, most of them had privacy curtains which was really nice. Not all of the beds had them though and I ended up in a bed without one... There were people coming in and out of the room all night, talking loudly and knocking on the door to get let it. Bathrooms were all co-ed. Wifi worked well. In a sketchy part of London, about a 15 minute walk from the nearest tube. Was a little intimidating to walk to at night. Rooms smelled, but good for a quick rest

Showers on floor 1 are a challenge to use.

Not enough heater for each room??? Thats crazy!!!

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Austria

There are no sockets in the bedrooms/dorooms for phone laptop charging. There are no lockers for personal belongings. Realy spaciuos canteen common rooms. Good location 10 min walk to london bridge. Out of congestion charge zone.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Lithuania

i hate this hostel I do not recommend

I nearly got raped by 2 males in my dorm at 5am although there was screaming there was no sign of security and i reported it the next morning and the hostel staff weren't very helpful because the rape didn't actually happen. Also some of our group were in the dorm next door and the entire dorm got robbed. The toilets smelt unclean but the room was in good condition

• 23rd Nov 2013

The hostel is very new and clean, only shame the quality of the mattress is not great (I wouldn't advise it for long stays as your back may suffer from it). The staff in reception wasn't great, not helpful at all, the price of the breakfast DOES NOT correspond with the price on the reservation or in hostelworld, made a mistake on the invoice of my boyfriend's reservation (we had separate bookings as he was arriving 1 day later).

Mixed bathroom, there is no hairdryier.

• 16th Nov 2013

Restrooms were dirty, lack of cleanliness

We had been in a 10 bed room and we could not open a window...The air had been really bad in the room and it was smelly. The toilets and showers had been really dirty and there was no place to put your stuff on while taking a shower or brushing your teeth.

• 14th Nov 2013

I was pleased with this hostel in generally, but there were two points which bothered me. 1) there was no internet access on first floor where we stayed, only at the reception 2) showers for women were horrible - the water from showers steam bad way that I got wet only top part of my body But only these two things were very unpleasent otherwise I think the hostel was good for price.

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

Choosing from positive, neutral and negative I would go for positive. Bedroom: two bunk beds on both sides of the room, the bed was very comfortable, large and stable, only 4 hangers, I heard traffic due to old window, Each bed has two British sockets and one night lamp - awesome! everything was clean! Bathroom: were 3 toilets with 2 sinks and on the left 3 showers with 2 sinks, no hangers next to the sinks, in the shower only one hanger, everything was clean!