Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

I was pleased with this hostel in generally, but there were two points which bothered me. 1) there was no internet access on first floor where we stayed, only at the reception 2) showers for women were horrible - the water from showers steam bad way that I got wet only top part of my body But only these two things were very unpleasent otherwise I think the hostel was good for price.

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

Choosing from positive, neutral and negative I would go for positive. Bedroom: two bunk beds on both sides of the room, the bed was very comfortable, large and stable, only 4 hangers, I heard traffic due to old window, Each bed has two British sockets and one night lamp - awesome! everything was clean! Bathroom: were 3 toilets with 2 sinks and on the left 3 showers with 2 sinks, no hangers next to the sinks, in the shower only one hanger, everything was clean!

The beds are very good, very comfortable. The bathrooms aren't good, theres no place to dress inside the showers because your stuff gets soaked wet and the bathrooms are mixed.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

arrived at the hostel and was told by a staff member she would be with me in 5 minutes she then forgot about me and started serving a whole line of other people even after i told her that i was waiting, she said yes ill finnish with the people at the desk already, so i waited she then picked up her things and left because her shift was over i stood up went to the counter and then was accused of pushing in so i then i had to sit down again and wait, i had to wait about a hour from start to finish

The worst hostel I ever had been on. Lack of organization, cleanliness and security. Don't recomend at all.

This place is a hole and I would neither stay there again nor rate is as suitable for anyone other than perhaps a newly released convict, as the rooms are tiny and very cell like. I paid for a private twin-room; what I got was a miniscule room with two bunks. Well below expectation. My score is 1.5 out of 10, the full point being for the pretty gardens outside.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

PERFECT ! A kitchen is missing

Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was decent, about a 10 minute walk to Elephant & Castle station and about a 20 minute walk to Borough Market. Bus stop right outside of the hostel was nice as well. WiFi is free but not very dependable and only accessible in the lobby. Also, maybe it was just my bunk but it was so squeaky that every time I moved or the guy above me did, it would wake the whole room. Overall a decent place.

I don't really appreciate the food in general at the rest up london, even in the cafeteria... too bad because the rest was really good.

• 27th Oct 2013

It was okay. I personally thought it was a bit expensive for what we paid for.

Staff wasn't really friendly and rooms weren't ready when it was time to check-in. Staff didin't realy explain anything and information didn't work. Hostel weren't really clean and the rooms were really dirty. Atmosphere was quite poor and showers and toilets were disgusting. In the rooms we get some kind of bugs bites in the nights and rash so I won't recomned this hostel to anyone. Location was okey and breakfest good but you have to pay for it.

The staff were nice and helpful and the location was alright, a little longer than a 5 minute walk from the station. The 10 bed dorm was very squished and basic. The bathrooms were average and the toilet door barely cleared the basin which made it difficult to get in and out. The wifi never worked for me while i was there either. It worked well for the 1 night I needed it for.

Nice facilities. WIFI works bit bad. Lockers are very expensive.

The wifi definitely needs to be upgraded and a larger bandwidth needs to be obtained. A hostel with 563 beds cannot rely on such inadequate wifi and advertise it to the customers. It was literally unusable much of the time. Other than that I was very happy with the hostel and facilities.

1 2 3 Next » last »