Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

On average, the hostel is worth the money, but the showers could have a temperature selector and keep turned on a longer time after pushing the button.

The only hostel I stayed in on my trip that charged for a towel and breakfast

• 14th Apr 2014

little bit of a sketchy area, but easy to walk places and near a metro.

The service was terrible. Free wifi was offered and it didn't work anywhere in the facility. When I asked reception if there was a solution, all she could do was offer me free breakfast. She said wifi was being "upgraded," and in turn could not offer me a password to connect with the other wifi they had. Bathrooms smelled very bad. There was no way of securing personal belongings for free, even if I provided my own lock, which is very disheartening because I had to carry my belongings with me.

The room was too small and the toilette too. You cannot stay more than 2 nights.

• 27th Mar 2014

Get off your phones on the stairwells, you massive herds of people. Please. For the love of god. I swear if there were ever a fire people would be trying to instagram it from the stairwells.

• 27th Mar 2014

Felt homey and relaxing. :]

Good hostel in decent location, about 15min walk from London bridge. It was clean and quiet. I will book again. Recommended.

I mostly enjoyed my time at this hostel, and it was pretty nice-- but there were some issues. The Wi-Fi was really spotty and slow, the bathroom in our room wouldn't flush and was never fixed, yet another toilet I used wouldn't flush either, and then at one point all of the power outlets in our room + rooms near us stopped working. It was just a little frustrating for so many things to be broken/not-working in such a short amount of time. The location is alright but a little out of the way

The staff wasn't friendly upon my arrival. I tried to cancel my second night 48 hours in advance and they wouldn't let me. The bathrooms were so filthy that I did my best to not use them. In the common room area, everyone was on their phones or laptops, not a friendly or welcoming atmosphere. You also had to pay 2 or 3£ (depending on the size of your bag) every time you want to lock you stuff. The location wasn't even that great (40 minute walk from city center). Not an enjoyable experience

• 21st Mar 2014

For me, it's not an hostel if we cannot cook. There are no microwaves either. The restaurant was normally open until 10pm, it was only 8pm and already closed. The staff is not really polite too (almost cook staff). Bed clean at the second night (booking of 3 nights), is it was for clean the linen? No, apparently, it was because they need a free bed in this room - luckily, it was free when I came back later in the evening.

1 2 3 Next » last »