Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

Felt homey and relaxing. :]

Good hostel in decent location, about 15min walk from London bridge. It was clean and quiet. I will book again. Recommended.

I mostly enjoyed my time at this hostel, and it was pretty nice-- but there were some issues. The Wi-Fi was really spotty and slow, the bathroom in our room wouldn't flush and was never fixed, yet another toilet I used wouldn't flush either, and then at one point all of the power outlets in our room + rooms near us stopped working. It was just a little frustrating for so many things to be broken/not-working in such a short amount of time. The location is alright but a little out of the way

The staff wasn't friendly upon my arrival. I tried to cancel my second night 48 hours in advance and they wouldn't let me. The bathrooms were so filthy that I did my best to not use them. In the common room area, everyone was on their phones or laptops, not a friendly or welcoming atmosphere. You also had to pay 2 or 3£ (depending on the size of your bag) every time you want to lock you stuff. The location wasn't even that great (40 minute walk from city center). Not an enjoyable experience

• 21st Mar 2014

For me, it's not an hostel if we cannot cook. There are no microwaves either. The restaurant was normally open until 10pm, it was only 8pm and already closed. The staff is not really polite too (almost cook staff). Bed clean at the second night (booking of 3 nights), is it was for clean the linen? No, apparently, it was because they need a free bed in this room - luckily, it was free when I came back later in the evening.

The hostel is in a scary part of town and isn't strictly a youth hostel, which is what I was expecting. Lack of research is my fault. But, the quality of people that stay there is really scary in my eyes, not a great place for traveling students to feel safe.

Decent hostel for the price. Clean linens, nice staff. But there isn't an age range on the hostel so during my stay there were large groups of younger teens with some professors/teachers. Also many older men living there on a temporary basis. Breakfast isn't included, but not bad for the price. Location is okay - a quick bus ride to Picadilly and the other sites, and close to an underground stop, but not such a fun walk alone in the middle of the night. Otherwise pretty good!

Good Hostel, The toiletts could be much cleaner, The beds were fine but some privacy could help. Overall good value for the money and good hostel so I will come back!

1 2 3 Next » last »