Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

Staff were really helpful, and the showers amazing! Only downside really was the room was abit creepy at night

• 4th Jun 2014

There were a lot of good things about the hostel that I enjoyed, though there were several horrible realities as well. For starters, the location is good as it is near a tube station. The laundry, restaurant, vending machines, and lounge areas were great. The downside, however, is that the large groups of students that stay here really make the "rest" in the name a farce. I had to go down to the desk to have them shut them up after midnight. The staff was great, though, and did the trick.

Very very good location, staff is very friendly

• 29th May 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel itself is nice, but it is in a very sketchy and unsafe part of town.

• 29th May 2014

Recepcionists are rude and not very helpful. Rooms are disgusting with limited access to powerpoints. Showers are too far away from some rooms. Check-in is at 4pm!!! What the hell?!?!

The hostel is excellent, very clean, and the room was perfect. The only con could be that is like 5 blocks from the nearest underground station which after a long day of visiting could be hard. I would recommend and even stay at this hostel again.

Not the best place for the price. Rubber sheets and dirty bathrooms can be found at a more central location for a cheaper price I'm sure.

Computers with internet connection are missing. I think also information about public transports, as tube maps and the schedules of the buses of the nearest bus stops should be provided at the hostel (some flyers with the mentioned information should be enough).

• 9th May 2014
  • Portugal

Poor location and very poor facilties

2 toilets and 3 showers for a floor (60+ people). 1 outlet in a 20 bed room, where people are too stupid to close the door properly, so anyone at anytime can come into the room. They have lockers, but you have to pay 2£-3£ EVERYTIME you close them (~6£ day). No outlets in the bathroom. Showers were way too hot (no regulator). I was in many (cheaper) hostels -Amsterdam, The Hague, Barcelona, Paris, Brussels, Luxembourg City, and more - and none has been so bad so far. Not worth the money.

We requested a twin bed and received a bunk bed.

leaky windows, ants in the bathroom. Totally not recommend - the place is looking like a prison.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Only stayed one night as was going out in London. Fine for what we needed just a bed for a few hours after a night out. Wouldn't recommend for eurotripper as atmosphere and location aren't the best but for a one night stay was fine.

Very poor Wifi. Bathroom in 4th floor is not quite secure because the last room (next to window) there is some gap the the door. We can not use electric plug socket at the second of double layer bed (top bed).

Reminded me of prison, not even worth the amount of money paid.

• 16th Apr 2014

No space in room Poor wifi

On average, the hostel is worth the money, but the showers could have a temperature selector and keep turned on a longer time after pushing the button.

The only hostel I stayed in on my trip that charged for a towel and breakfast

• 14th Apr 2014

little bit of a sketchy area, but easy to walk places and near a metro.

The service was terrible. Free wifi was offered and it didn't work anywhere in the facility. When I asked reception if there was a solution, all she could do was offer me free breakfast. She said wifi was being "upgraded," and in turn could not offer me a password to connect with the other wifi they had. Bathrooms smelled very bad. There was no way of securing personal belongings for free, even if I provided my own lock, which is very disheartening because I had to carry my belongings with me.