Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

The beds are very good, very comfortable. The bathrooms aren't good, theres no place to dress inside the showers because your stuff gets soaked wet and the bathrooms are mixed.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

arrived at the hostel and was told by a staff member she would be with me in 5 minutes she then forgot about me and started serving a whole line of other people even after i told her that i was waiting, she said yes ill finnish with the people at the desk already, so i waited she then picked up her things and left because her shift was over i stood up went to the counter and then was accused of pushing in so i then i had to sit down again and wait, i had to wait about a hour from start to finish

The worst hostel I ever had been on. Lack of organization, cleanliness and security. Don't recomend at all.

This place is a hole and I would neither stay there again nor rate is as suitable for anyone other than perhaps a newly released convict, as the rooms are tiny and very cell like. I paid for a private twin-room; what I got was a miniscule room with two bunks. Well below expectation. My score is 1.5 out of 10, the full point being for the pretty gardens outside.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

PERFECT ! A kitchen is missing

Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was decent, about a 10 minute walk to Elephant & Castle station and about a 20 minute walk to Borough Market. Bus stop right outside of the hostel was nice as well. WiFi is free but not very dependable and only accessible in the lobby. Also, maybe it was just my bunk but it was so squeaky that every time I moved or the guy above me did, it would wake the whole room. Overall a decent place.

I don't really appreciate the food in general at the rest up london, even in the cafeteria... too bad because the rest was really good.

• 27th Oct 2013

It was okay. I personally thought it was a bit expensive for what we paid for.

Staff wasn't really friendly and rooms weren't ready when it was time to check-in. Staff didin't realy explain anything and information didn't work. Hostel weren't really clean and the rooms were really dirty. Atmosphere was quite poor and showers and toilets were disgusting. In the rooms we get some kind of bugs bites in the nights and rash so I won't recomned this hostel to anyone. Location was okey and breakfest good but you have to pay for it.

The staff were nice and helpful and the location was alright, a little longer than a 5 minute walk from the station. The 10 bed dorm was very squished and basic. The bathrooms were average and the toilet door barely cleared the basin which made it difficult to get in and out. The wifi never worked for me while i was there either. It worked well for the 1 night I needed it for.

Nice facilities. WIFI works bit bad. Lockers are very expensive.

The wifi definitely needs to be upgraded and a larger bandwidth needs to be obtained. A hostel with 563 beds cannot rely on such inadequate wifi and advertise it to the customers. It was literally unusable much of the time. Other than that I was very happy with the hostel and facilities.

The drain in the shower i used was clogged and seemed to be so for a while, as after even several minutes there was still a 1 inch pool of water sitting there. Otherwise the hostel was very easy to get to and was worth the price to stay at. I like how there is a cafe that serves food all day with a nice seating area with a TV and several outlets to charge electronics. I also appreciate that there is a cash machine and a popcorn machine in the lobby.

The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting. The floors were wet and dirty, there was no toilet paper in stalls, some stalls didn't lock, I honestly didn't feel comfortable showering in it. The room had clumps of dirt and hair all over the floor. I could have stayed closer to the city for the amount I paid. It wasn't in the nicest area either. Moreover, the rate was quoted wrong by Hostelworld, so I ended up being charged more than expected. The staff was good and helpful; the place was not.

• 18th Oct 2013

The bathrooms were disgusting and there was no toilet paper in one of the stalls.

For the people you encounter and the staff, and the location is not the worst hostel. but still too basic. with almost no facilities. i mean there's no common kitchen. But the locatoin is very very good. Central to everything!!!! Cleanness...mmmm. BAD!

Huge hostel so if you're looking for something quiet and cozy, this is not it. The common area isn't big enough for the amount of people staying there. Internet didn't reach my room (first floor), I think it was really only available in the common area. The linens and blanket were very clean. Very close to restaurants, convenience stores and small supermarkets. People of ALL ages stayed here.

Helpful and friendly staff. Location is pretty good since there are grocery stores and a lot of things to do. It's also just a ten minute walk from the tube station so traveling is easy. I didn't see any security around though. Maybe I missed it, but nonetheless I felt safe just knowing there were others around. I stayed in a 20 person mixed dorm. It's not my thing, but if you don't mind it then I'm sure it'd be fine. Very clean. Overexpensive lockers. 2 pounds every lock. Not enough bathrooms.

• 11th Oct 2013

It is a good hostel, but there are no kitchen, and WiFI is working,but sometimes it is difficult to connect when I was there.

This was the first hostel I ever stayed at and was not the best nor the worst I've been to. Stayed in a mix 4 bed room but had to be moved at like two in the morning due to some girl complaining there were three dudes in the room. Why didn't they move her?? Other than that the stay wasn't bad clean rooms and whatnot. The common area was pretty crappy and the Internet stunk but if just stopping in for a night or two it's not a bad place.