Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

Rest up was definitely just a rest up. Nice enough for a night or two, wouldn't stay any longer. I did feel it was clean, Good washing facilities and good fast wifi! But only one hook in some of the showering facilities and some toilets didn't have locks. Little maintenance stuff that would help.

Usually storing luggage before checking in is free. There was no way to lock valuables somewhere, only the 2/3 £ lockers! and then you could not even access it unless you want to pay again. The room can be locked properly, but you still have to trust your roommates then. This obviously works most of the time, but still, a small locker for valuables wouldn't hurt. The wifi was not meeting any standards, and with that I don't even mean the fact that it didn't work the first day.

• 29th Sep 2013

I found my self in a good spot, while resting at this hostel in Elephant and Castle and trying to relocate in a good room to soon rent. Atmosphere is very vibrant and good. Staff is friendly and efficient. Cleanliness...average. Facilities , as far as the lounge and bar are concerned,and the reception area are nicely organized and decorated. As far as the rooms I have to say, quite basic. Nothing extra apart, from some showers and wash basins inside some rooms ensuite. But overall good.Bless .

Common areas are beautiful, but tiny rooms for a 4 people room. The only space available is between the bunks (1,5 metres), no room for belongings at all. The bad thing is the hostel is next to a 4 - lane road, no isolate windows, seems like trucks and cars drives inside the room. No place in rush hours in common areas, if you need a table with electricity socket, is mission impossible unless go at late-night. 4 pounds for use wash-machine. Only WIFI in common areas. Stunning TV room!!

Needed power sockets in the bedrooms.

• 20th Sep 2013

Quite a good location in London and large hostel where it is possible to meet people. Showers need improved and no power sockets in a 20 bed dorm is unacceptable.

Would not recommend this hostel. I was put in an 8 bed dorm on my own - as I am travelling by myself I thought going into a larger dorm would be a good way to meet people. I also did not feel safe to walk around at night to the train station etc.

• 19th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Friendly upbeat place, we would definitely stay here again!

this was a great hostel with very friendly staff,we arrived at 11 and as we couldn't check in to 2 we were allowed to use the lockers,in our room it was small but comfortable bunk beds and there was a shower and toilet in the room,first time that's happened,great then in the hostel there was a snack restaurant and a bar selling soft drinks and bottled alchohol,so all in all fantastic hostel,as for the location fantastic again,15 minute walk to tower bridge and the sea bus plus tube very near

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • Scotland

This hostel was really disappointing. I had a large mixed dorm and felt rather unsafe for the first time during my four month trek in Europe. The staff were rather rude and seemingly bothered by any questions. In the evening we were kicked out of the main room for drinking beer (nothing rowdy at all) and sent to the lawn outside. Then we were kicked off the lawn and back inside the hostel- they don't seem to have their policies worked out nor are any non-alcohol rules mentioned on website.

only word - recommend :)

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Lithuania

Very organised, fun and fluid hostel. Just an honest, quality and reasonably priced place. Thank you.

• 17th Aug 2013

We stayed 5 nights in 4 female room. Don't expect to have a luxury room, just basic. The bus is just next to the hostels and the tube 5min to walk, Tower bridge is about 20-25 min to walk. We stayed 5 nights and no housework done (just the trash can emptied), with 4 people, the bathroom was quite dirty in 5 days...

• 15th Aug 2013

clean rooms, very comfortable beds. The staff was helpful and, happy to give directions to central london, which btw is really close. In the morning the breakfast area was a bit crowded, but the food quality is excellent. Totally worth it! Good hostel.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

Really Cool Hostel. Clean, and fun. Loved the free popcorn at reception on arrival! Liked the outside space. Room was basic, but really clean and had its own shower and bath. Thought it was good value for money!

The toilets were filthy. Value for money? I found out later I could get a private room with ensuite for only a few pounds more than what I paid for a closet with 4 beds in (not enough room to open my suitaces, literally). The shower lasted less than 10 seconds, and I had to keep pressing the button - the shower curtain does not prevent your towel or clothes from getting drenched.

• 9th Aug 2013

The rooms so small, that two people can not stay inside, there is no kitchen and fritsch to cook by your self, no lookers in the room just for money behind the reception. There per floor just three showers for female, and everything get wet excapt your body.

The breakfast was very very poor.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • China

Rooms very unclean, tiny, and noisy. Rooms were not cleaned during our 4 night stay, nor was toilet paper restocked.

Really liked this place. After reading the reviews on – line, i didn’t know what to expect. However, I have to say it’s a great place. Staff we’re great. When I arrived there was BBQ in the garden outside. Cheap food, excellent. My dorm was spotless, and so was the bathroom, lockers next to reception and thankfully an elevator, considering my room was on the 4th floor. All transport, buses and metro to get onto the center only a 5-minute walk. Nothing not to like in this place, especially

• 25th Jul 2013