Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

Get off your phones on the stairwells, you massive herds of people. Please. For the love of god. I swear if there were ever a fire people would be trying to instagram it from the stairwells.

• 27th Mar 2014

Felt homey and relaxing. :]

Good hostel in decent location, about 15min walk from London bridge. It was clean and quiet. I will book again. Recommended.

I mostly enjoyed my time at this hostel, and it was pretty nice-- but there were some issues. The Wi-Fi was really spotty and slow, the bathroom in our room wouldn't flush and was never fixed, yet another toilet I used wouldn't flush either, and then at one point all of the power outlets in our room + rooms near us stopped working. It was just a little frustrating for so many things to be broken/not-working in such a short amount of time. The location is alright but a little out of the way

The staff wasn't friendly upon my arrival. I tried to cancel my second night 48 hours in advance and they wouldn't let me. The bathrooms were so filthy that I did my best to not use them. In the common room area, everyone was on their phones or laptops, not a friendly or welcoming atmosphere. You also had to pay 2 or 3£ (depending on the size of your bag) every time you want to lock you stuff. The location wasn't even that great (40 minute walk from city center). Not an enjoyable experience

• 21st Mar 2014

For me, it's not an hostel if we cannot cook. There are no microwaves either. The restaurant was normally open until 10pm, it was only 8pm and already closed. The staff is not really polite too (almost cook staff). Bed clean at the second night (booking of 3 nights), is it was for clean the linen? No, apparently, it was because they need a free bed in this room - luckily, it was free when I came back later in the evening.

The hostel is in a scary part of town and isn't strictly a youth hostel, which is what I was expecting. Lack of research is my fault. But, the quality of people that stay there is really scary in my eyes, not a great place for traveling students to feel safe.

Decent hostel for the price. Clean linens, nice staff. But there isn't an age range on the hostel so during my stay there were large groups of younger teens with some professors/teachers. Also many older men living there on a temporary basis. Breakfast isn't included, but not bad for the price. Location is okay - a quick bus ride to Picadilly and the other sites, and close to an underground stop, but not such a fun walk alone in the middle of the night. Otherwise pretty good!

Good Hostel, The toiletts could be much cleaner, The beds were fine but some privacy could help. Overall good value for the money and good hostel so I will come back!

Staff was extremely helpful at all times...rooms a bit small but comfortable

the neighborhood is messy. Then when we arrived on our floor, it was not clean and it smelled very bad, our room it self was very small and the shower was leaking. The service was not good when we complained about it, we wanted to leave.

• 14th Feb 2014

The twin room was the most austere I've encountered. Two metal beds, a mirror, a trash bin and nothing else. No shelves, chairs or tables. Service was ok - not uber-friendly, but to-the-point. Only one key for two persons. There was a mess-up with the booking, which had the previous people come to our room wondering what the hell we were doing there. Luckily, their key wasn't programmed anymore, but I felt like that could have just as well been the case.

Not a great location, you have to take the bus to get there. Pretty social, but quiet lounge area. Paid lockers to keep your stuff in. Rooms are clean.

Not enough showers for each floor. It

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It was nice to stay in Rest Up London hostel. It's in the heart of the city, the conditions are fine for a few days and you can enjoy your stay in London. Thank you.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Bulgaria

The rooms are really small. Indeed, the four bed rooms should be two bed rooms, there is no space enough to walk or even wear the clothes with four people inside. The internet (when it works) is just available in the reception room. The shower's water is too hot and we found the bathroom aisle ground always wet. Besides the staff kindness, I didn't have a good experience with this hostel.

The Hostel was okay but a bit far away and walking late at night back there was large groups on each side of the road. Also it was cheap but be when you arrive there is a deposit for everything. towels, room keys, you have to pay for breakfast and to store you bags. over all it felt like they just wanted your money, of course its a bussinass but should not feel like one. we stayed in a twin priveat room. the beds were okay also lots of noise outside if your looking for a bed for the night

• 23rd Jan 2014

I enjoyed my stay in the rest up london hostel i found the staff very friendly also the price is excellent and my favourite part id the T V room. Will stay again. Regards Brian Murray

• 16th Jan 2014

The showers on my level were a joke, this place just generally feels half done. The wifi is painful and you will have to pay for meals and luggage storage. I think there are places with better locations for a better price/better value it's a shame because the staff were so helpful

For the really very cheap Prices a good hostel; Lounge is very pretty; rooms were clean and okay, showers not so much, but in total a hostel I'd recommend.

• 2nd Jan 2014