Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

This hostel is fine, nothing particularly bad and it is clean. HOWEVER, they aren't very honest with the facilities they provide. The lockers are not included in the price and you have to pay 2 pounds every 24hrs, but if you access the locker within those 24 hours you have to re-pay. They do NOT have any kitchen facilities, but will provide you with hot water, but you have to ask them to get it for you. Pretty much they charge you for everything possible.

1 it is located in the south bank of London which is quite mess. One night, we met three thieves around the hostel. One of them tried to rob my friend's phone.2 location is just so-so. the nearest underground station is elephant & castle, which takes us at least 10mins to the station. 3 staff is not friendly. When we ask question, they always say wait a moment. Actually, it took more than 5 mins to wait. and once we wanted to have changes, they say no and I have to go to Tesco for changes.

• 17th Dec 2013
  • China

We were in a 20 bed room. Beds weren't bad, most of them had privacy curtains which was really nice. Not all of the beds had them though and I ended up in a bed without one... There were people coming in and out of the room all night, talking loudly and knocking on the door to get let it. Bathrooms were all co-ed. Wifi worked well. In a sketchy part of London, about a 15 minute walk from the nearest tube. Was a little intimidating to walk to at night. Rooms smelled, but good for a quick rest

Showers on floor 1 are a challenge to use.

Located a 10 min walk from the tube, on a busy noisy street. The room was very basic and small but provides all you need to get a good night's rest. The wifi only works near the reception area. The breakfast was standard. The staff were very helpful in providing a UK wall adapter. If you are looking for a cheap, safe and clean place to stay in London on a budget, this is a good option but don't expect any amenities.

Not enough heater for each room??? Thats crazy!!!

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Austria

There are no sockets in the bedrooms/dorooms for phone laptop charging. There are no lockers for personal belongings. Realy spaciuos canteen common rooms. Good location 10 min walk to london bridge. Out of congestion charge zone.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Lithuania

i hate this hostel I do not recommend

I nearly got raped by 2 males in my dorm at 5am although there was screaming there was no sign of security and i reported it the next morning and the hostel staff weren't very helpful because the rape didn't actually happen. Also some of our group were in the dorm next door and the entire dorm got robbed. The toilets smelt unclean but the room was in good condition

• 23rd Nov 2013

The hostel is very new and clean, only shame the quality of the mattress is not great (I wouldn't advise it for long stays as your back may suffer from it). The staff in reception wasn't great, not helpful at all, the price of the breakfast DOES NOT correspond with the price on the reservation or in hostelworld, made a mistake on the invoice of my boyfriend's reservation (we had separate bookings as he was arriving 1 day later).

Mixed bathroom, there is no hairdryier.

Restrooms were dirty, lack of cleanliness

We had been in a 10 bed room and we could not open a window...The air had been really bad in the room and it was smelly. The toilets and showers had been really dirty and there was no place to put your stuff on while taking a shower or brushing your teeth.

I was pleased with this hostel in generally, but there were two points which bothered me. 1) there was no internet access on first floor where we stayed, only at the reception 2) showers for women were horrible - the water from showers steam bad way that I got wet only top part of my body But only these two things were very unpleasent otherwise I think the hostel was good for price.

Choosing from positive, neutral and negative I would go for positive. Bedroom: two bunk beds on both sides of the room, the bed was very comfortable, large and stable, only 4 hangers, I heard traffic due to old window, Each bed has two British sockets and one night lamp - awesome! everything was clean! Bathroom: were 3 toilets with 2 sinks and on the left 3 showers with 2 sinks, no hangers next to the sinks, in the shower only one hanger, everything was clean!

The beds are very good, very comfortable. The bathrooms aren't good, theres no place to dress inside the showers because your stuff gets soaked wet and the bathrooms are mixed.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

arrived at the hostel and was told by a staff member she would be with me in 5 minutes she then forgot about me and started serving a whole line of other people even after i told her that i was waiting, she said yes ill finnish with the people at the desk already, so i waited she then picked up her things and left because her shift was over i stood up went to the counter and then was accused of pushing in so i then i had to sit down again and wait, i had to wait about a hour from start to finish

The worst hostel I ever had been on. Lack of organization, cleanliness and security. Don't recomend at all.

This place is a hole and I would neither stay there again nor rate is as suitable for anyone other than perhaps a newly released convict, as the rooms are tiny and very cell like. I paid for a private twin-room; what I got was a miniscule room with two bunks. Well below expectation. My score is 1.5 out of 10, the full point being for the pretty gardens outside.

• 29th Oct 2013