Rest Up London Reviews

172 New Kent Road, London, England

Espace trop restreint (environ 6m2) dans le dortoir pour 4 personnes. Pas de place pour bouger. Lit qui grince gênant quant on est plusieurs.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

The service was terrible. Free wifi was offered and it didn't work anywhere in the facility. When I asked reception if there was a solution, all she could do was offer me free breakfast. She said wifi was being "upgraded," and in turn could not offer me a password to connect with the other wifi they had. Bathrooms smelled very bad. There was no way of securing personal belongings for free, even if I provided my own lock, which is very disheartening because I had to carry my belongings with me.

The room was too small and the toilette too. You cannot stay more than 2 nights.

• 27th Mar 2014

Get off your phones on the stairwells, you massive herds of people. Please. For the love of god. I swear if there were ever a fire people would be trying to instagram it from the stairwells.

• 27th Mar 2014

Felt homey and relaxing. :]

Good hostel in decent location, about 15min walk from London bridge. It was clean and quiet. I will book again. Recommended.

I mostly enjoyed my time at this hostel, and it was pretty nice-- but there were some issues. The Wi-Fi was really spotty and slow, the bathroom in our room wouldn't flush and was never fixed, yet another toilet I used wouldn't flush either, and then at one point all of the power outlets in our room + rooms near us stopped working. It was just a little frustrating for so many things to be broken/not-working in such a short amount of time. The location is alright but a little out of the way

The staff wasn't friendly upon my arrival. I tried to cancel my second night 48 hours in advance and they wouldn't let me. The bathrooms were so filthy that I did my best to not use them. In the common room area, everyone was on their phones or laptops, not a friendly or welcoming atmosphere. You also had to pay 2 or 3£ (depending on the size of your bag) every time you want to lock you stuff. The location wasn't even that great (40 minute walk from city center). Not an enjoyable experience

• 21st Mar 2014

For me, it's not an hostel if we cannot cook. There are no microwaves either. The restaurant was normally open until 10pm, it was only 8pm and already closed. The staff is not really polite too (almost cook staff). Bed clean at the second night (booking of 3 nights), is it was for clean the linen? No, apparently, it was because they need a free bed in this room - luckily, it was free when I came back later in the evening.

The hostel is in a scary part of town and isn't strictly a youth hostel, which is what I was expecting. Lack of research is my fault. But, the quality of people that stay there is really scary in my eyes, not a great place for traveling students to feel safe.

Decent hostel for the price. Clean linens, nice staff. But there isn't an age range on the hostel so during my stay there were large groups of younger teens with some professors/teachers. Also many older men living there on a temporary basis. Breakfast isn't included, but not bad for the price. Location is okay - a quick bus ride to Picadilly and the other sites, and close to an underground stop, but not such a fun walk alone in the middle of the night. Otherwise pretty good!

El lugar huele muy mal, los cuartos no tienen ventilación y se encierra todo el olor. Aceptan a personas de todas las edades. el servicio es muy malo, el wifi no agarra, no hay conexiones para móvil y todo te lo cobran extra sin darte facilidades. La ubicación no es la mejor.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

simple ausstattung der zimmer. 3 hochbetten mit waschbecken im6er zimmer. zu 6. wäre es jedoch viel zu eng gewesen. zimmer im keller, der nur über aufzug erreichbar war. von den 2duschen, funktionierte auf einer kein licht und nach 3tagen wurde beide gesperrt, so dass man per aufzug in eine andere etage fahren musste um zu duschen. auch die 2toiletten auf der etage waren zeitweise gesperrt,so dass man in eine andere etage fahren musste. sauberkeit ok, aber hätte besser sein können. ansonsten gut

Good Hostel, The toiletts could be much cleaner, The beds were fine but some privacy could help. Overall good value for the money and good hostel so I will come back!

Emplacement parfait, bâtiment très beau, les repas qui y sont servis sont tres bons, personnel présent lorsqu'on en a besoin, espace TV parfait, seul petit point négatif : les douches et toilettes communes laissent à desirer

• 22nd Feb 2014

Staff was extremely helpful at all times...rooms a bit small but comfortable

the neighborhood is messy. Then when we arrived on our floor, it was not clean and it smelled very bad, our room it self was very small and the shower was leaking. The service was not good when we complained about it, we wanted to leave.

• 14th Feb 2014

The twin room was the most austere I've encountered. Two metal beds, a mirror, a trash bin and nothing else. No shelves, chairs or tables. Service was ok - not uber-friendly, but to-the-point. Only one key for two persons. There was a mess-up with the booking, which had the previous people come to our room wondering what the hell we were doing there. Luckily, their key wasn't programmed anymore, but I felt like that could have just as well been the case.

Not a great location, you have to take the bus to get there. Pretty social, but quiet lounge area. Paid lockers to keep your stuff in. Rooms are clean.

Not enough showers for each floor. It

• 31st Jan 2014