Rethymno Youth Hostel Reviews

Tobazi 41, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

Pros: Amazing location, staff and atmosphere. Always kept very clean. Cons: No lockers, bad beds.

Heart of town but honestly Rethymnon itself is small and not full of activities so if you're car-less it's better to be near the bus stop! Lovely owner, makes effort to entertain guests but also respects tiredness and need for space. Stacks of space to dry laundry/eat/internet/socialise. Kitchen well equipped + value breakfast. Awesome wifi. BIG FLAWS: long long trip to bathrooms, bedrooms very hot and stuffy. Never used my key, anyone can walk right into bedrooms + stored luggage not secure

The hostel is well located in the center of the town, its 5 minutes walking towards the bus station. The beds are comfortable and the staff is nice. It has a kitchen that you can use. The internet doesn´t work properly.

Staff is amazing. Alec and Ivan are the best. Make you feel at home and really nice gents. Can't beat 10 euro for this place, stay on the roof. It's beautiful and cool to sleep at night

One of my FAVORITE hostels ever. As soon as I got there, Alex sat down with me to greet me and I knew right away that I was going to stay for more nights than I originally planned. The vibe at this hostel is amazing--people hanging out all day on the patio. Minor inconveniences: no outlet near my bed; had to go down the stairs and outside to use the bathroom; Wifi is slow. But I didn't care, because the staff was SO nice and I just so welcomed by everyone there. Great place to make friends.

We spent 9 nights here and really enjoyed it. The location is great, in the heart of the Old Town. We loved chilling in the terrace, meeting a lot of people, enjoying Ivan's rakija and Alex's omelette. These guys really make you feel at home with their hospitality! Thanks a lot and see you again hopefully!

Great hostel -- good location, fantastic staff, and fun vibes. Definitely recommend staying here. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Lovely hostel in a great location for beaches, the town centre, restaurants and the bus station. Everyone is super friendly and welcoming and make sure to include everyone in plans for going to day trips, dinners, nights-out etc. Rooms are small but not a problem for the price paid! We stayed in the 8 bed female dorm room but had males in the rooms for 2/3 nights so be warned if you particularly want to males around. Facilities include a safe, fridge to use, cold beers and water and wifi.

• 3rd Aug 2015

the location is really good. the staff are friendly and enthusiastic. the atmosphere was very friendly

Great hostel, great staff and good location. Great social atmosphere too! Would recommend.

By far and away the best Hostel I have stayed at. It is a true backpackers hostel and the staff is very friendly. Alex will tell you the ins and outs of Crete and where to go out or do a day trip. Meeting people was quite easy as everyone is very relaxed and enjoying their time at Crete. I can't say enough about how great my experience was at this Youth Hostel.

Good value for money. Right in the center of town, walking distance to everything. Would be nice if they had soap in the bathrooms.

By far our most favourite hostel of our trip! Staff were both friendly and accommodating, the location of the hostel was within 5min walking distance to the beach, the port and many local shops and tourist shops. The hostel was clean and very welcoming, the atmosphere was very relaxed and we would definitely return!

The hostel in Rethymno was so friendly and had a great vibe. The staff were really friendly and gave great advise on where to go and the cheapest way of doing so.

Was here for a week and really enjoyed my time. Met a lot of really cool people. No AC. Someone was always hard at work cleaning every nook and cranny during the day which I really appreciated. Alex was very accommodating and friendly.

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The guys will go out of their way to help you out with anything you need and are just all round legends. Great mix of people sty here and everyone is really friendly so its great for solo travellers. Cheers again guys, see you again one day.

Fantastic well run hostel with a very laid back vibe.

• 11th Jul 2015

· No individual lights/outlets, lockers or AC · The showers and toilet stalls are outside and downstairs from the room · No ladders to the top bunk · Kind of hard to find from the port, but a decent location once you’ve found it.

I stayed there for 2 nights , I should have stayed longer. Location in the historic centre of Rehtmyno (if possible ask the bus driver from Heraklio to stop at Gavril, you will reach the hostel withi 1 min by foot). Excellent atmosphere, excellent staff. Breakfast served for 2 extra euros. Just adding keys or locks on toilet doors and lockers in the room would be nice.

I stayed at this hostel in 2011, 2013 & 2015 - I think that speaks for itself. Sleep on the roof! Main good point is you can use the kitchen which saves a lot of money. Ok they don't provide soap in the bathroom but apart from that the place is amazing. In the old town, 10 mins from beaches/shops/restaraunts; 5 mins from the main bus station. Alex (a chef!) organised a huge bbq for everyone :D Staff are relaxed &informative, the atmosphere is friendly and inclusive. I'll always go back!

• 6th Jul 2015