Rethymno Youth Hostel Reviews

Tobazi 41, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

Great place. Nice staff, very friendly. Was there in January and it wad quite cold. Only a problem a couple months of the year. You have to go outside to a separate building to shower. Not a big deal. Very clean. Very central.

Walls are thin. Showers ran out of hot water.

A bit rundown, quite noisy and pretty basic, but has a good atmosphere.

This is a small and very nice hostel with a GREAT atmosphere! The hostel is a bit old, but provides all necessary facilities, has nice backpacker guests und lovely employees. Note: limited plugs in rooms (but in common rooms), only hot water when sun has shined [which isn't a big problem because it is shining very often ;-) ] and small/narrow rooms [but stylish and backpacker-like]. Overall: shut-down, relax and you will like it very much!!! Try and you will see what I mean! Great place!

I loved my stay here. Alex & Stefan were so helpful & generous. Cheap breakfast & alcohol you can buy. Excellent WIFI, bathrooms always very clean. Also u have full access to kitchen. Everyone here was so wonderful. Definatley recommend this hostel...

Stefan and Alex are very helpful and happy to tell you lots of incredible things to do in Crete. Hostel serves as an excellent base to explore the surrounding areas. Fantastic, chilled out vibes with fantastic, chilled out people!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • simonbrigden

Overall the hostel is fine but charge 11 euro a night and put soap in the bathroom. I know that usually hostel management avoids providing soap because people take bar soap or fill their bottles full of liquid soap. We are all on a budget, but I'd like to think that we would all like to properly wash our hands after wiping.

Hostel from the 70s, would need a refresh, but its cheap and central.

About your average hostel, I'd strongly advise people to fork for 2 sets of sheets upon arrival (1€ each) since neither fitted sheets nor pillowcases are changed between guests!!! One manager seemed a bit introverted and the other barely even said hello to me. Good thing I met really cool people staying there. One old guy kept on smoking in the reception room, sometimes joined by taciturn manager so that was :/ PS:Don't forget to bring your own soap when going to the toilet!

Cool place, close to everything you'd like to do in Rethimnon and with helpful staff who will tell you where to go and what to see. Mostly lovely guests in the the hostel. The showers are fine, the rooms are quite spacious. The wifi sucks though at times, but all in all a great place to spend a couple of days during your holidays in Crete not being surrounded by tourists, but by travellers. I would come back.

We had to sleep at the roof, and the wc is common. The rest of things well. We just stay there to sleep

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The first days there it feels like a normal business relation. But when you stay few days longer it went more familiar, more sth close to friendship - you become a member of a big kind of family! Thank you very much for that amazing time!!!! :)

Perfect location in the Old Town of Rethymno, very nice friendly staff (!). The hostel has a great covered terrace, where you can hang out and enjoy a cold beer or a glass of wine or coffee or whatever, and socialize. Good spot! Definately good all-in-all Value For Money folks. My recommendations!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

The place would be awesome if they were cleaner. The bathrooms are fairly dirty and the showers are pretty awful as well. When I got to my room there was sand on my bed and the blanket smelled awful. There aren't any lockers but you can lock your room, providing everyone does this also. I was forced to lock up my laptop with the manager every day. It is a great location with a really friendly staff.

Other then George leaving, and the horrible bathrooms, I really enjoyed my stay here! I met some great people, had the opportunity to so some awesome things like bungee jumping, and overall loved the experience here. It was an eclectic group of people, which made the stay more interesting. The beaches there are pretty dirty but the hostel has umbrellas so you at least don't have to pay for one. Out of everywhere I stayed on Crete, this has been my favorite place so far!