Rethymno Youth Hostel Reviews

Tobazi 41, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

Had an unfortunate mistake with wrong booking dates, but even through email the staff could not have been more welcoming and generous!

• 15th May 2015

Hostel in a good location and setup makes it easy to meet other travelers. I didn't like that the toilet is so far from the room, but there is nothing they can do about that. Wifi worked well and the staff was helpful.

loved this little hostel! alex and stefano make you feel at home and so welcomed! they will make u breakfast (ask for alex's omlette-hes famous for them) and theyre pretty much always around to reccommend things or hang out with. the atmosphere is really what makes it so special here between the staff, guests, good music, and the cabin sorta vibe to the place it was my home for 7 days and so it was hard to leave at the end

An excellent stay, no complaints at all. Staff was awesome and the hostel was really pretty.

The managers of the hostel are SO nice. They made us dinner, helped us find the only automatic rental car in Rethymno, and were fun to chill with. It's clean, and the atmosphere is fun and young. I would not stay here if you are a particularly light sleeper or if walking outside to use the bathroom (in a different building) sounds terrible to you. Also, there are no lockers, but the area seems super safe and the rooms are locked up, so I never felt like security was an issue. Highly recommend!

• 3rd May 2015

My friend and I booked to stay here for three nights we ended up staying close to a week. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hostel. We enjoyed every moment until we left. Second night we were there Alex and Stephen cooked us all a meal. They really treat you like family. The bathrooms are located out side but who really cares! Big thanks to you guys!!! You made us feel so welcome which made it hard to leave :( miss you guys!!!

great vibe! Stefan and Alex are fantastic, and they remember everyone's names!

The Rethymno Youth Hostel was a very great choice to stay in Crete. It has excellent location and is close to great Greek food and shops. It was only a little over five minute walk to the beach. Great staff and easy to meet people staying in the hostel.

• 8th Apr 2015

Shower/bathroom was outside. During dry summer weather, it probably wouldn't be an issue but was only inconvenient because of the cold/rainy weather they had while I was there. Otherwise, highly recommend. Wonderful atmosphere and warm, friendly and helpful staff.

Great place great People ! Dorota

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Poland

All is good, I like area, location and helpfull staff especially Stephan.

Very nice plase to stay. Central location with many things to do, nice and helpfull staff, clean and good vibe. I'll recomend to all my friends.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Serbia

My stay at the Rethmyno Youth Hostel was amazing! The hostel has this quaint, welcoming atmosphere, that I enjoyed thoroughly. The staff are more than helpful, they are personable, inviting and generous. I highly recommend it.

Great place. Nice staff, very friendly. Was there in January and it wad quite cold. Only a problem a couple months of the year. You have to go outside to a separate building to shower. Not a big deal. Very clean. Very central.