Rethymno Youth Hostel Reviews

Tobazi 41, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

A bit rundown, quite noisy and pretty basic, but has a good atmosphere.

This is a small and very nice hostel with a GREAT atmosphere! The hostel is a bit old, but provides all necessary facilities, has nice backpacker guests und lovely employees. Note: limited plugs in rooms (but in common rooms), only hot water when sun has shined [which isn't a big problem because it is shining very often ;-) ] and small/narrow rooms [but stylish and backpacker-like]. Overall: shut-down, relax and you will like it very much!!! Try and you will see what I mean! Great place!

I loved my stay here. Alex & Stefan were so helpful & generous. Cheap breakfast & alcohol you can buy. Excellent WIFI, bathrooms always very clean. Also u have full access to kitchen. Everyone here was so wonderful. Definatley recommend this hostel...

Stefan and Alex are very helpful and happy to tell you lots of incredible things to do in Crete. Hostel serves as an excellent base to explore the surrounding areas. Fantastic, chilled out vibes with fantastic, chilled out people!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • simonbrigden

Overall the hostel is fine but charge 11 euro a night and put soap in the bathroom. I know that usually hostel management avoids providing soap because people take bar soap or fill their bottles full of liquid soap. We are all on a budget, but I'd like to think that we would all like to properly wash our hands after wiping.

Hostel from the 70s, would need a refresh, but its cheap and central.

About your average hostel, I'd strongly advise people to fork for 2 sets of sheets upon arrival (1€ each) since neither fitted sheets nor pillowcases are changed between guests!!! One manager seemed a bit introverted and the other barely even said hello to me. Good thing I met really cool people staying there. One old guy kept on smoking in the reception room, sometimes joined by taciturn manager so that was :/ PS:Don't forget to bring your own soap when going to the toilet!

Cool place, close to everything you'd like to do in Rethimnon and with helpful staff who will tell you where to go and what to see. Mostly lovely guests in the the hostel. The showers are fine, the rooms are quite spacious. The wifi sucks though at times, but all in all a great place to spend a couple of days during your holidays in Crete not being surrounded by tourists, but by travellers. I would come back.

We had to sleep at the roof, and the wc is common. The rest of things well. We just stay there to sleep

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The first days there it feels like a normal business relation. But when you stay few days longer it went more familiar, more sth close to friendship - you become a member of a big kind of family! Thank you very much for that amazing time!!!! :)

Perfect location in the Old Town of Rethymno, very nice friendly staff (!). The hostel has a great covered terrace, where you can hang out and enjoy a cold beer or a glass of wine or coffee or whatever, and socialize. Good spot! Definately good all-in-all Value For Money folks. My recommendations!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

The place would be awesome if they were cleaner. The bathrooms are fairly dirty and the showers are pretty awful as well. When I got to my room there was sand on my bed and the blanket smelled awful. There aren't any lockers but you can lock your room, providing everyone does this also. I was forced to lock up my laptop with the manager every day. It is a great location with a really friendly staff.

Other then George leaving, and the horrible bathrooms, I really enjoyed my stay here! I met some great people, had the opportunity to so some awesome things like bungee jumping, and overall loved the experience here. It was an eclectic group of people, which made the stay more interesting. The beaches there are pretty dirty but the hostel has umbrellas so you at least don't have to pay for one. Out of everywhere I stayed on Crete, this has been my favorite place so far!

all good, didnt feel anything special about the hostel though, only stayed for 1 night, so thats prob why..

Initially booked 2 nights at this host but decided to stay an extra 2. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with planning day trips and other general trips. Really cool vibe in the place, which makes it really easy to meet people. The beds/bathroom facilities were average - you essentially get what you pay for. But definitely fine for a few nights so I wouldn't be deterred - especially since the price is so cheap! Would definitely stay here again of if I ever found myself in Crete again

everything was great, i'm sure i'll be back!

• 17th Aug 2014

The location is good. However, the wifi has got lots of problems - it's almost impossible to get connected on the internet. The staff says it's because of the heat but I've been to places where is was even hotter and there was no problem at all. Besides, depending on the time you want to take a shower, you may not have any hot water at all.

We got there at 10pm and night and our room was STILL not ready for us! what would have happened if we had of arrived right on check in time!... then we were told we would have to move rooms again the following day... how hard is it to allocate a bed in such a small hostel when you book 2 months in advance!!.. not having a lock on the front door ment anyone could just walk on in... some of the rooms are actually out side!!they dont even have a roof!! i had to put my bag on the bed to open it!

Every morning at 11.30 the cleaning lady cleans all the rooms and the beds are ready and reserved for the new arrivals. The quests had tons of luggage with them so the manager proposed to change rooms next day in order to offer them space in a larger room.Of course we gave them keys for the room.The entrance stays open because we have no curfew and quests can come and go as they like ( there is a CCTV to ensure only quests enter the hostel ). The beds on the roof top are very popular at summer !

I was really happy with ny stay at this Hosel. When I flew into London, the airline lost my baggage and the Smart Hostel employees were really lovely and did as much as they could to help recover my bags.

Really nice hostel in the middle of Crete si that you can visit almost everything, just ask Alex.

« first « Prev 1 2 3