Rethymno Youth Hostel Reviews

Tobazi 41, Rethymno, Crete, Greece

the location is really good. the staff are friendly and enthusiastic. the atmosphere was very friendly

By far our most favourite hostel of our trip! Staff were both friendly and accommodating, the location of the hostel was within 5min walking distance to the beach, the port and many local shops and tourist shops. The hostel was clean and very welcoming, the atmosphere was very relaxed and we would definitely return!

The hostel in Rethymno was so friendly and had a great vibe. The staff were really friendly and gave great advise on where to go and the cheapest way of doing so.

• 17th Jul 2015

Was here for a week and really enjoyed my time. Met a lot of really cool people. No AC. Someone was always hard at work cleaning every nook and cranny during the day which I really appreciated. Alex was very accommodating and friendly.

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The guys will go out of their way to help you out with anything you need and are just all round legends. Great mix of people sty here and everyone is really friendly so its great for solo travellers. Cheers again guys, see you again one day.

· No individual lights/outlets, lockers or AC · The showers and toilet stalls are outside and downstairs from the room · No ladders to the top bunk · Kind of hard to find from the port, but a decent location once you’ve found it.

I stayed there for 2 nights , I should have stayed longer. Location in the historic centre of Rehtmyno (if possible ask the bus driver from Heraklio to stop at Gavril, you will reach the hostel withi 1 min by foot). Excellent atmosphere, excellent staff. Breakfast served for 2 extra euros. Just adding keys or locks on toilet doors and lockers in the room would be nice.

I stayed at this hostel in 2011, 2013 & 2015 - I think that speaks for itself. Sleep on the roof! Main good point is you can use the kitchen which saves a lot of money. Ok they don't provide soap in the bathroom but apart from that the place is amazing. In the old town, 10 mins from beaches/shops/restaraunts; 5 mins from the main bus station. Alex (a chef!) organised a huge bbq for everyone :D Staff are relaxed &informative, the atmosphere is friendly and inclusive. I'll always go back!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Very relaxed hostel, small rooms but you can hang out at the patio. Bathrooms are outside. Very close to bus station that will take you to other beaches.

Thanks to Alex and Stefano.

What an amazing spot. The facilities are clean, the location is perfect, and most of all the staff is amazing. Stefan and Alex work around the clock for the guests. They are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful and will go out of their way to book, organize, or otherwise help anyone that needs it. The common area made meeting people really easy and the space was really lovely. I will absolutely come back and I cannot wait for that day!

The guy that checked us in was really helpful, we arrived late but he made sure we got to our room. We only stayed one night but the experience was great and we would definitely go back.

The staff is absolutely phenomenal, they are extremely helpful and always happy to help and chat with guests. I felt so welcome from the minute I walked in. Rethymno is a great location from which to explore the island and it's an amazing city alone. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are visiting crete and I will be staying here definitely when I return :)

This is a very cheap hostel and as a result is not that luxurious but nevertheless it was one of my favourite places. The staff are very friendly and helpful and have a good knowledge of the local area. They were very helpful in terms of telling us some cool things we could do around Crete. The bathrooms are a little old but the showers worked well and there was always hot water. The location is great as well, right in the middle of Rethymno which is much nicer than Heraklion and Chania.

When I booked this hostel I wasn't aware how far away it was from Heraklion but we were pleasantly surprised with the little town of Rethymno. The hostel is in a very nice location in the town, the atmosphere is very cool. Very small rooms with no lockers but there is a safe in the reception for guests to use. Little odd having bathrooms out in the garden but it was no problem. Perfectly working wifi !

Great hostel for a great value. The staff is really nice and helpful. The toilets and showers are a bit far away from the rooms, but that is something manageable.

the bathroom is far from the uppper rooms. 2 floors away.

We only had one night in the hostel but they were very welcoming and friendly. The atmosphere and facilities were good. Good value for the money.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

The location is good. 10 minute walk from the bus station. The place is old. No air conditioning only fans so it was hot. Bunks are low. The room is pretty small. There are only 3 outlets for 8 people so charging your phone is nearly impossible. It was so inconvenient having just one bathroom outside. And there were only a couple of showers and a few toilets everywhere shares so I had to wait most of the time. But considering the place is so cheap you suck it up and deal with it.

Nice hostel. Wifi doesn't work in rooms. Kitchen is really small, but it's Greece you can eat out cheap anyway. Cheap drinks in the bar, and showers were hot. Close to the bus stop, and was easy to get to from the port. Nice owner too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3