Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Though the hostel wasn't very clean, it wasn't terrible and the atmosphere and staff willingness to make sure you have a great time definitely make up for the lack of cleanliness.

This place is absolutely amazing! The staff here are so much fun, they were very informative about what to see and do here in Budapest. They also show you an amazing time here at the hostel. There is an event going on every single night, from beer olympics to a party boat with some amazing views of all the sites at night. Oh and yes it is a party. Party every night, dont come here if youre looking to relax. I absolutely love it here, was meant to stay one night, still here going on 4 nights.

• 18th Feb 2015

Best place ever your all great the place was great felt like home I never wanna leave had the best birthday ever Sean c Ireland

Just go, it lives up to its reputation and then some. If you wish to party and have a great time go. Thanks to all the staff especially Morpheus for telling me to go on the walking tour, was one of the best parts of my trip made tons of friends.

Just fantastic fun. Staff is amazing. They organize great events. If you're looking to party in Budapest this is the spot. If you're looking to party but also sleep check out their sister place Carpe Noctem. All the folks from that come party at Retox anyway. Way better to stay at the spot though.

get all up inside the positive vibes, become immersed in the retox vortex. the place, the people, the love are all a beautiful thing.

• 13th Feb 2015

If you're looking for a time with a bunch of well-hearted, iron-livered Australians, Americans and Canadians (the staff at least) to drink the night away and sleep the day away, this place is the place for you. I came here for just one night at the end of my Budapest adventure, and sadly I couldn't stay longer. If and when I can I will be back without hesitation...

awesome party atmosphere for anyone looking to come to Budapest for the nightlife and overall experience.

• 6th Feb 2015

Hostel Retox is an incredible place, with the most amazing friendly staff. I actually had the best weekend of my life. I'm going back again, if you only have enough money to go to one place ever again go here.

• 5th Feb 2015

This place is like that scene in Billy Madison when he returns to Ms Veronica Vaughns class and grabs the chubby kids face........ `STAY HERE, STAY AS LONG AS YOU CAN. If youre into Harry Potter you will want to leave a Horcrux here to return one day. Ultimate staff, the best facilities, comfiest beds, awesome atmosphere

• 2nd Feb 2015

No better place to stay if you're looking for fun and for a group of incredible people to share it all with! Staff and other residents were all so welcoming and brought us out every night for different events which we would never have known about otherwise. Stay here if you're up for F U N and not a lot of sleep!!

I cries a little when I had to leave....

• 30th Jan 2015

Wow this place was awesome. Pixie is so attractive. He has the coolest tights. But seriously this place is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Everyone is here for the same reason and that makes it easier to meet people, not to mention that the staff are incredible. Definitely go on the booze cruise. You wont regret it. I mean seriously Pixie is really hot.

• 27th Jan 2015

The staff are what make this place amazing! Racks who checked me in was awesome, but all the staff were equally as helpful, enthusiastic and crazy. I loved it there so much definitely will be returning!!

• 26th Jan 2015

Best hostel out of over 30 I've been to, don't miss out.

A highlight of my 12 month trip so far! This is a party hostel with a great atmosphere, if you can't make friends here then you're probably retarded. The staff run fun activities every night and make sure that everyone is involved and having a great time. The crew also know the city really well and go out of their way to recommend things to see and do in this awesome city. Allow some buffer time for your stay because you'll definitely want to stay for longer than planned!

• 25th Jan 2015

Was supposed to stay for 7 nights - ended up staying for 12. If you want a good night sleep, don't stay here. However if you want to party all night, have the best events organised for you, meet the coolest people and belly-laugh non-stop - then Retox is for you. Shouts to the staff for their commitment to the cause ha. Such a good bunch of people. Thanks for an amazing few days. See you soon hopefully. PS Snickers for life.

Arrived not knowing what to expect and was greeted by one of the hostel staff, Pixie. This awesome individual had the coolest tights I've come across. From then on I knew I was going to have a good time - and I did! You won't regret your stay at Retox.

• 24th Jan 2015

It is a classical party hostel. If you are looking for new friends and some party this hostel may be a good choice for you.

I have never been to a hostel that is more accommodating, fun, exciting and has the most amazing people working there. If you are down to have an awesome time and meet some ridiculously amazing people this is definitely the place for you. They are all legendary!!!

• 21st Jan 2015