Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Best thing is that there was no checkout time in the morning, so I could sleep in more on my last morning.

This place is filthy. Only stay here if being drunk is more important to you than your health and safety. We came back from a day of sight seeing and our 'private' dorm was wide open, even though we had certainly locked it prior to leaving. We only had 4 tiny lockers for a 6 person dorm. Toilets appeared to remain uncleaned for our entire stay. We ultimately opted to leave Retox 4 nights early as we could not handle it anymore. Please note: we are not hostel snobs, this place was just beyond!

So you know those hostels where you walk in and feel like you're at home? Me neither. However, Retox has the friendliest, most chilled out staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. If you want to party, and party hard. Then I highly recommend Retox. If you don't think you can drink another night? Don't think, just drink. I promise that the only thing you'll regret is your eventual leave. And Pepper. Congrats on the maiden title, you can thank me again later. Much luv for all the staff. Out.

• 15th Dec 2014

THE place to stay in Budapest. Staff couldn't be friendlier. The parties are crazy. I will recommend this to all my friends looking to have a good time in this city.

I no longer have a liver. And I don't regret it.

The two of us had a great 8 days at Retox! Even in what was supposed to be a quiet period for Budapest in general, Retox was able to put on a great show! It couldn't be a better place to have fun. Every night is enjoyable and the staff go out of their way to make this possible. Couldn't recommend it more highly. Special shout out to TRex, SJ, Racks and PJ!!

• 12th Dec 2014

I had an amazing stay at Retox! If you're wanting to meet people and do some serious drinking, Retox is perfect! There is always something organised so your nights are always loads of fun, the rooms and facilities are fine, the staff are amazing and super helpful!! The whole atmosphere of the hostel is super friendly... it's like a big family! I could not fault this hostel at all... I could've easily stayed there another week or two! Loved the Retox crew and will definitely be back!

• 7th Dec 2014

Had a great stay at Retox. The staff can't do enough for you and are always keen to get you involved in the various activities on offer each day. Would highly recommend and will definitely visit again!

• 7th Dec 2014

If your looking I meet a bunch of awesome people and party a lot then this is the hostel for you. Very fun and very wild. Always something to do

• 7th Dec 2014

This was such a fun hostel to stay at! We went on a pub crawl to the ruin bars and had a blast! Wish we could have stayed longer!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Retox Party Hostel was the best hostel we stayed at in Europe. The staff are incredibly fun and friendly. It is a party hostel though so don't think you're going to get anything done during the day.

INSANE. Crazy fun drinking events every night. Everyone is always either drunk, hungover, or asleep 24/7. The funnest hostel I have ever stayed in. The facilities and rooms are honestly pretty good for what the travellers are hitting them with night after night. Don't come here expecting a quiet time.

I was with a psycho girl which is what made the experience not as great but other then that i loved the hostel and the atmosphere and everyone was very welcoming and helpful! Loved the people but the light in the private room was messed up and we had no pillowcases.

• 28th Nov 2014

Even though my friend and I were here in the middle of winter when the hostel can be almost empty, we had the best possible week in Budapest. The staff are absolute legends who managed to clean the room every morning while I slept through to 3, and take you out every for amazing events, as well as getting heavily involved themselves in the open mic and karaoke night. Retox has a great bar and is close to everything I wanted, and the staff always recommend great bars, breakfast places and clubs.

• 27th Nov 2014

One of the if not the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are incredible, hung out with them as much as anyone over the course of the weekend and they made our time there. They had great recommendations were very easy to get along with and had fun with us all night. If you want to go to budapest and be at a social cheap wild hostel this is the place for you

• 27th Nov 2014

Great bar with a good vibe and cheap drinks. Every night there is one activity. But the facilities are the worst that I've ever found in any hostel. I read the description, ok, a party hostel will have drunk guys, noise or whatever, I was ok with that. But the rooms were too cold in the winter, the showers and toilets were freezing and there was no hot water for more than 1 minute of shower. A party hostel is not an excuse to don't provide a good structure. Would't recommend it.

crazy but expected. super fun bar and really nice staff

Great hostel filled with awesome people. Highly recommend it for young backpackers. The staff take you in and are very helpful with setting up events out side of the hostel. Very easy to feel comfortable and make friends. Always something fun going on, like Bar Crawls or Open Mic, and never a dull moment at Retox. Looking forward to coming back here in the future and reuniting with the awesome people that we met there.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Very very entertaining place! Definitely the place to stay in Budapest! Pixie, Flynch and PJ were fantastic hosts. These guys definetly know how to have a good time. Cheers for the best week of my eurotrip boys

Don't wait for cleanness or calm, but if you want to party and meet people from all over the world (especially Australia!) this is the place to go! Activities organized every nights and propositions of parties!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7