Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Me and a few friends came here for my 23rd birthday and we were not disappointed. Budapest didn't really have anything to do with how much we enjoyed it (though it is a lovely place), it was all RETOX. From the start we knew we had walked into somewhere pretty special, then..Well I can't really remember the rest of the weekend, but from the vague recollections and the pictures I can only presume it was amazing. Also special shout out to Krusty, he was an absolute hero!

• 28th Feb 2014

Retox hostel was the highlight of my the trip to Budapest. While Budapest was an amazing and beautiful city, Retox was a great time. The staff was very nice and always down to hang out. The events they organized allowed us to really get to experience the city even though we were only there a short while. Although this place might not be for everyone, it is definitely the place to stay if you want to have fun and meet some great people!

• 27th Feb 2014

Couldn't recommend this place any more. Everything about this place is amazing. If you enjoy a party then you wont be disappointed. The staff are the coolest and nicest people ever and the place is awesome. No such thing as just staying for one night. Fern rocks.

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Wales

Great hostel, awesome atmosphere and great staff, would highly recommend this hostel.

• 21st Feb 2014

Retox is awesome. One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Awesome staff. Awesome location. Awesome vibe. Even though it's a party hostel everything was clean and the facilities were perfect. Candy was awesome. Took the time at the beginning to give us a huge run down of the city the places to go and place to avoid. Organised all our activities and even came along with us. Awesome dude.

Best hostel I've ever been to. Crazy party atmosphere. Staff are the biggest legends, they make you feel so welcome. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Come here if you want to have the best party ever.

The hostel is funny, perfectly positionated and organized very well. People are really kind and helpful.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

One of my favourite places on Earth (and I've been to a lottttt of places). The hostel and it's sisters are always buzzing with activity, from awesome adventures during the day to incredible partying and feats of drinking every night. The staff deserve a mention here. They are honestly some of the best people you could ever meet. They all share the passion of living life to the fullest and are an amazing bunch. Special shoutout to Fern, the sickest Kiwi I know (Abusement Park Boys!). GO TO RETOX

• 18th Feb 2014

This place is brilliant. best staff ever and is right up there for party hostel... even lost my passport when I was hammered and the staff even helped me find it smashed....

• 16th Feb 2014

Fantastic staff with great recommendations for things to eat, see, and do. Hostel was surprising one of the cleanest I've stayed in, despite the level of alcohol consumption that takes place there on the daily. Great times - highly recommended.

• 15th Feb 2014

Absolutely amazing place to stay; Krusty and the staff we're extremely helpful and will go out of their way to make sure you have the best time and experience possible. Facilities are excellent, cleaned daily, spot on. The place has a great atmosphere, couldn't ask for more!

• 15th Feb 2014

Stayed here for four nights and never wanted to leave. Budapest is such a great city and I had the best time there. A lot of that is because of the Retox staff. Everyone parties so hard and is just always down to help out and have a good time. I definitely recommend it. I'm trying to come back immediately. If you stay at Retox and do what the staff recommends in Budapest, I can guarantee you you'll have a wild time. I'll never forget it. Great atmosphere and great people.

• 13th Feb 2014

Where would one even start to describe Retox? The parties are absolutely sick, the location is perfect if you wanna do awesome touristy stuff and the staff is absolutely amazing! If you are a weird brah and you always felt like nobody ever understood you, Retox is the place for you. You will still be a weirdo, but you'll learn to love it and the staff will make you feel like family. Be prepared to get absolutely drunk and have the best time ever! A special shout out to Candy and ManSaw!

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Slovenia

Great place to stay. Rooms were spotless and cleaned everyday. Staff were cool and really helpfully at pointing out place to go and do stuff. If you are staying in Budapest this is the place to stay, Will definitely be back soon

• 9th Feb 2014

Had the most amazing time staying at Retox! They aren't kidding when they say party hostel, if you are looking for somewhere quiet dont stay here! People are in and out all night but I was expecting that. Don't be afraid when you first walk into the hostel, it may look below average but really is amazing. The staff are super friendly and go out of there way to help, big shout out to Crusty and Candy! Would definitely stay here again!

• 7th Feb 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed in, The nightlife at the hostel was really good, they arrange, pub crawls boat parties, and days at the baths to cure the inevitable hangovers. Budapest would not have been the same if we hadn't stayed here, staff are legends adding to the crazy times. Definitely a party hostel though so if your no Craic then its prob not for you. Loved our weekend here and we'd go back in a heart beat. :)

• 7th Feb 2014

THE STAFF WAS AWESOME! Best hostel I have ever stayed at!

Retox hostel was by far the highlight of my Europe trip. From the moment my boyfriend and I walked in we were both welcomed by the legend candy! He and all of the staff were so friendly and helped us with any issue . I recommend anyone wanting a good time to come to this hostel and get looooooose!

• 3rd Feb 2014

Retox is hands down the place to be in Budapest if you're looking for a good time. The daily events are all top notch and managed well, and the staff have the knowledge to give you the best night out in the city every night. You'll completely forget that they are even working there as they are some of the most genuine and fun people I've met on my travels. Ill definitely be back.

• 2nd Feb 2014

This is was without a doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I've been to Budapest before, but this hostel single-handedly made me fall in love with the city, The staff are incredibly helpful and flat-out amazing. I don't think I'm ever going to leave after my experience at this hostel. I was supposed to stay here for a month and now I have cancelled my flight home entirely.

• 1st Feb 2014