Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Retox hostel was by far the highlight of my Europe trip. From the moment my boyfriend and I walked in we were both welcomed by the legend candy! He and all of the staff were so friendly and helped us with any issue . I recommend anyone wanting a good time to come to this hostel and get looooooose!

• 3rd Feb 2014

Retox is hands down the place to be in Budapest if you're looking for a good time. The daily events are all top notch and managed well, and the staff have the knowledge to give you the best night out in the city every night. You'll completely forget that they are even working there as they are some of the most genuine and fun people I've met on my travels. Ill definitely be back.

• 2nd Feb 2014

This is was without a doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I've been to Budapest before, but this hostel single-handedly made me fall in love with the city, The staff are incredibly helpful and flat-out amazing. I don't think I'm ever going to leave after my experience at this hostel. I was supposed to stay here for a month and now I have cancelled my flight home entirely.

• 1st Feb 2014

The plan was 5 countries long but we extended through 2 countries to stay longer. It was right next to Oktogon which is the centre of town, the staff were personal and interested (shout out to candy and crusty), they made it feel like we were all working together, goal being get fucked up and make some memories. There was drinking games upon drinking games, push ups and all sorts of shenanigans it just never stopped. it has given me something to save for cause ill be back as soon as i can.

• 31st Jan 2014

No cleanliness

The hostel is great fun for anyone who wants to have a good time (isn't that everyone). If you want to party it's the place to be. Also if you want to see the sights the staff are very knowledgeable and can point you in the right direction and book things in advance. Also a very relaxing place, no one is rushing around. I can't wait to come back

• 28th Jan 2014

Best hostel we've stayed in! We came to Retox with the intent of staying 4 nights and ended up having to drag ourselves away at 7. Staff are all so great and welcoming, and there's always something going on! We will definitely be back again!

• 27th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Oh Retox where to begin, 1st off this hostel has literally the Best Bar in the whole of Budapest that managed to by some miracle stay open 48hrs straight for Australia Day, reason alone to come here but then there's the weekly Alcoholympics, pub crawls, boat parties, open mic nights, fancy dress, strawpedo races and finally the infamous Jagertrain to finish the week off and YES it is as awesome as it sounds. Candy Krusty Kelsey Swaino Mansaw Hooker Luna & Co. I'll cu again in July Love Nathan :)

This hostel was the absolute best! The staff were incredible, especially candy ;) The night life was mental, so if you're looking for a good time, this is the place to be in Budapest! I will definitely be back, three nights just wasn't enough.

BEEEEERS! Staff were incredible. Super friendly and nearly drank as much as the guests.

The staff here are absolute lords. I've been to a few hostels that claim they are party hostels but then implicit so many rules and added costs for everything. This is like a constant house party. The guys back it up constantly and no matter how tired they still go over and above helping you out with any tourist lurk. Second time staying here and will recommend to anyone. Get on board

Stayed in Retox in October and again in Janurary, both times out of season but you wouldn't have known because the party never stopped. The staff here are like family and ensure the safety and wellfare of all the residents while maintaining a contagious party environment. Stayed longer than intended both times, you get sucked into the atmosphere and it's impossible to leave. Easily my favourite hostel in Europe! Thanks to all the staff, i'll be back many more times!

If you don't stay here then Budapest will have been wasted on you. I ended up missing my flight and staying an extra 4 days because I just couldn't say goodbye to this place, and although I'm terrified to check my bank balance, it will have been so so worth it. So stop being a fool and book, because as soon as I have a chance again, I will be too.

• 21st Jan 2014

Absolutely mental place, so much fun. great staff, comfortable beds and so much to do. I extended my stay 3 times. definitely going to recommend.

Retox is crazy, probably the best hostel I've stayed in. I had crazy nights and awesome days because the staff are wonderful in organising activities, inclusive and so friendly. It's not a place for any one precious or without a sense of humour, though. The only drawback was the laddish culture that occasionally bordered on medieval which I found occasionally disconcerting as a female travelling alone but that is found in any party hostel anyway. I wish I could be back there now! I miss it.

This hostel is crazy! If you want to party this is the right place! Unfortunately the staff are a bit dysfunctional and it is hard to get any help from them! It has a great atmosphere but it has poor facilities and is pretty filthy. I think I had cold showers about half the time. I am glad I stayed here, great atmosphere but that didn't make up for bad things.

Awesome hostel if you're travelling with the intent of having a great night life.

the place is a complete madhouse (but in an epic way), the staff are pretty much legends and will go out of their way to help you with whatever. you will not regret staying here. anyone who badmouths this place must be out of their natural minds.....if you are going to budapest and are not soft as......go here.......go hard or go home

Felt at home straight away, staff are all friendly and fellow travellers themselves. Events every night and the hostel is set up perfectly, bar down stairs, beer pong room etc. what ever negatives there are at the hostel they are heavily out weighed by the positives vibes and experiences this place will bring you !

• 13th Jan 2014

This place was the greatest hostel i've been too. If you wanna have a mint party every night and get to know some mad crew then this is the place to stay. Sweet vibes and the other people staying here were all amazing, i'm sure by the end of your stay here you'll remember everyones name here and have some new mates for life.

• 10th Jan 2014