Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

The staff are what make this place amazing! Racks who checked me in was awesome, but all the staff were equally as helpful, enthusiastic and crazy. I loved it there so much definitely will be returning!!

• 26th Jan 2015

Best hostel out of over 30 I've been to, don't miss out.

A highlight of my 12 month trip so far! This is a party hostel with a great atmosphere, if you can't make friends here then you're probably retarded. The staff run fun activities every night and make sure that everyone is involved and having a great time. The crew also know the city really well and go out of their way to recommend things to see and do in this awesome city. Allow some buffer time for your stay because you'll definitely want to stay for longer than planned!

• 25th Jan 2015

Was supposed to stay for 7 nights - ended up staying for 12. If you want a good night sleep, don't stay here. However if you want to party all night, have the best events organised for you, meet the coolest people and belly-laugh non-stop - then Retox is for you. Shouts to the staff for their commitment to the cause ha. Such a good bunch of people. Thanks for an amazing few days. See you soon hopefully. PS Snickers for life.

Arrived not knowing what to expect and was greeted by one of the hostel staff, Pixie. This awesome individual had the coolest tights I've come across. From then on I knew I was going to have a good time - and I did! You won't regret your stay at Retox.

• 24th Jan 2015

It is a classical party hostel. If you are looking for new friends and some party this hostel may be a good choice for you.

I have never been to a hostel that is more accommodating, fun, exciting and has the most amazing people working there. If you are down to have an awesome time and meet some ridiculously amazing people this is definitely the place for you. They are all legendary!!!

• 21st Jan 2015

The staff here is AMAZING. I was hoping for a good time since that's their thing, but I wasn't expecting them to be helpful. I was so wrong. They booked my shuttle to the airport FOR me at their personal expense, so I could make it to one of their evening activities. (Which was really fun.)

What a dirty hostel !! Cleanliness is zero point. Wifi was not stable , too bad. Atmosphere wasnt good , but the reason is its winter time maybe. Anyway , there are surely better hostels in Budapest.

I've been travelling for a fair few months and I'm coming to the end of my trip, Retox was 100% the greatest hostel I've stayed at, the staff makes you feel like family, there are always events with the other party hostels and they make an effort every single night to ensure maximum fun. Facilities were incredible, security was incredible, atmosphere was on another level. If I could give this place 150% I would. If you are in Budapest and don't stay at Retox you're doing it wrong!

• 10th Jan 2015

Description of this hostel is pretty self explanatory. If you are open minded and looking forward to meeting other travellers this hostel is second to none. Different activities are organised for every night of the week and they also gave great suggestions for day time stuff and places to eat.

If you want to party hard while experiencing the true Budapest, Retox is the only place to stay! The nightly events, ease of meeting other travelers, great advice, and super friendly/helpful staff helped put this hostel above any that I have stayed at yet. Special shout out to Danny and Pixie for going above and beyond to show that they care about each individual guest, though the whole staff was amazing. STRAWPEDO ON RETOX, SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!

Retox was honestly the best place I have ever stayed at. It is unlike everything i have ever experienced. The staff are incredible, they are out every night and get hammered with you but also make sure you are having the best time possible, it is their priority. If you want to go to a unique place that cant be explained only experience than take a risk in your life and come here. I guarantee you will have a great time. Shout out to Pixie, he is sooooo attractive and has the coolest tights ever!

Our stay at Retox was most excellent indeed! A lot of drinking, not much sleep, and absolutely zero cultural outings were had. We pretty much spent 75% of our 4 day stay in Budapest in the hostel bar for one reason or another. The staff are a bunch of partying transients that seems to have washed up at Retox and not found their bearings onwards just yet. This is a great thing! They're all functioning alcoholics and love to suck you into their day-to-day world of debauchery. Top lads & lasses!

I like alcohol, I like this Place. some really rad friendly staff! They go out of there way to be friendly and get to know you/ get you drunk. Will be back.

This place is off chops! I didn't know what to expect but it surpassed anything I could imagine. The best part is that there are events every night I was there (booked 1, stayed 4). The Boat cruise and pub crawl was really awesome. The staff were always helpful and up for coming along for the fun. The bathroom facilities weren't the best, but my room made it work. Heaps of bloody Aussies were there when I was. Never a dull moment. Would stay again. Thanks Retox! :)

Awesome hostel for people who like party and drink a lot. It's not a hostel to relax. It's a safe hostel, I had no problems there and people who works at the hostel are awesome as the hostel. It's a nice hostel to have fun every day.

Great people and a very cool overall set up. Top notch location as well

The best party hostel in the world, staff are all awesome. If you're going to budapest and you want to party stay at retox

This hostel is about as good as they come. Would recommend to anyone travelling to Budapest to stay here for sure. It has an awesome party atmosphere and the staff are amazing, more than happy to sit down and have a chat with you, and definitely the kind of people you want around for a hectic night out. Definitely coming back!