Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

1951 Total Reviews

I had such a sick birthday thank you so much! Especially Fluuzi!

• 12th Nov 2015
  • littlelaurenwood

The best staff of any place (whether it be a hotel, hostel, pub, restaurant, shop) I have ever met. I would happily live at that hostel for the rest of my life.

• 10th Nov 2015

Don't be fooled by all those perfect 10 ratings. It is a good hostel, I'm not going to lie, but it does have its drawbacks. Even though the facilities and clean they are not enough for the amount of people staying there. The kitchen is not big enough and the fridge hasn't been cleaned in ages, it has a rancid odor to it. The staff is great, they are engaging and professional.

Best staff, best atmosphere, just all in all the best hostel I've stayed at

The staff is very attentious, expecially Rio, everybody helps you to have the best moments in Budapest. Place nice and Clean, close to all good pubs and clubs, many clean bathroons, the hole place is aways clean.

Let go, forget, be free - because at Retox, be here for ten minutes and you're part of the family. The infamy in the debauchery is 100% true. And that's because this is not a place of pretension. This is not a place of judgement. This is a place where everyone is so open with each other, there are no boundaries. All that BS we carry with us in life - it's gone. It doesn't matter. There is an epigraph of sorts on the common room wall. "You may never be this free again ..." And how true that is.

• 5th Nov 2015

Cosmo is my favourite human. Let's get drunk. Retox is awesome!!!! Stay here to get wild

Boyzzzzz if you're looking for a party hostel this is it ground zero . staff is awesome and welcoming and its a family and shoutout to Cosmo and rio and sandaaay . booked three nights and extended it to nine

Big shout out to Sandy B (Morocco pants), Cosmo, SJ, Racks, Rio. Friendliest staff yet and awesome hostel. Couldn't have asked for a better time.

• 30th Oct 2015

The best party hostel in Europe. Great atmosphere, all the staff are amazing, they make sure everyone gets together and that everyone has a great time. We extended with a bunch of other people we met at the hostel. They can organise any activity you want to do too. There are so many to pick from. We will definatly come back! Thanks to all the staff, they are so good looking, especially Rio. WOW, I mean this guy is out of this world. His face, his awesome mo. Will never forget our stay! RETOX!

The second time here, and it was still as DOPE as the first, if not better. Rio is the man, probably the best looking guy in Budapest. Went to the baths during the day and it was sick! Defiantly do this when you are in budapest. Beer bikes, Sparty, beer pong, day drinking. One of the best hostels on the planet.

Where to begin! Me and my travel buddy initially just wanted to come here for the weekend and we ended up staying 7 nights. We usually aren't big party people, but this place truly has the best atmosphere so we just couldn't leave. And the staff? Impressively welcoming. They really added to the experience :) shout out to Racks for being the coolest chick in town. And Cosmo for being pretty alright too. Much love for this place!

Had an amazing time at Retox! Definitely recommend to those looking for a celebratory time in Budapest. Staff, esp. Rio, was super welcoming and the vibes were all positive.

Retox is an amazing hostel... Have been traveling around Europe for 7 months now and can't say I have encountered another place with the same family type atmosphere where everyone gets involved and you never feel left out. If you want a place to let your hair down and party like crazy this is it... You won't regret coming!

Don't go here to f@&k spiders. Go here to get f&@!ed!!

Craziest experience of your life

Make sure you know what you're getting into! Retox is an awesome place to stay to meet people and find cool things to do around the city. Its culture is drinking and prepare to see/hear/experience some really interesting things going on around you late at night. If you are conservative in any way, I would highly recommend finding some place else. However, if you're down to party and have fun, seriously go for it. Budapest party hostels are unlike anything I have ever experienced.

Booked in for 4 nights and ended up staying for 2 and a half weeks easily the best time i've ever had at any hostel this place truly lives up to its name as a party hostel. Also the best staff i've ever met special shoutout to cosmo and crash for making my stay so awesome!

• 24th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in! I was meant to stay 4 nights and ended up staying for 2 weeks. The staff are incredible, every single night is a party and you don't just make friends, you make family. Budapest is a beautiful city but Retox made it so much more than that. It was hard to leave but I can't wait to go back again some day!!

Retox is the best place I have ever stayed!!!! Everyone was so great, especially Racks. BEST HUMANS!

• 23rd Oct 2015