Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Absolutely loved it here. The staff were amazing and welcoming and showed us the full Retox experience. We are already planning our next trip back there.. We miss it already.

A very nice hostel to party, no hour to check out, funny people who just want to enjoy ! But if you want to sleep, forget about it ^^

• 2nd Jun 2014

That was definitely one of the weirdest (in the best possible sense) places I've stayed in. It's very easy to have fun, meet people and party around because the staff have always something going on. I've had a blast and when I go to Budapest again I'll definitely stay there! No doubt! When I was leaving I felt like leaving my Erasmus ones again (just so you can get the idea of the connection there) ;)

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Bulgaria

This place was absolutely incredible. If you are looking for just an awesome group of people that are passionate about Budapest and showing others how to have a good time, there's no better place. Duckie, Man Saw, and Yogi were some of the most chill dudes ever who saw to it that EVERYTHING we could possibly need was met. We had just had a long three days in Prague, so I didn't know what to expect but the whole staff was readily available and made our Budapest experience 2nd to none. 6 stars!

Retox was an insane experience! The atmosphere was super laidback and the staff were really friendly and helpful. My roommate and I had an amazing time with them. There are a lot of wicked events they are involved with, and the hostel usually does these things as a group. It's a great way to meet people and experience the best of Buda. I would stay here again and again! Special s/o to Krusty for staying awake till the wee hours of the morning to check us in!

• 30th May 2014

Do not come to this hostel unless you really are prepared to party 24/7, I did enjoy my stay here but the lockers in the rooms don't lock so I did worry sightly about the security of my stuff. The bathrooms could be cleaner as well.

Had an absolutely brilliant time at Retox. The staff are the greatest bunch of legends you could ask for, always keen to help, hang out, drink and make your stay unforgettable. Also, daily cleaning means comfort after your partying. Cheers to everyone for the greatest 5 nights. Will definitely be back soon. Hughen McGregor.

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO RELAX. This is a party hostel you will get minimal sleep and just drink and party with the staff. So much stuff to do, they organise everything for you. I've been telling every college student I know going to budapest that this is where they MUST stay. The staff are all total ledgends and are so much fun.

• 28th May 2014

They were not joking when they said you can barely get any sleep there. This is definitely the place to be if you wanna party all day and all night(literally). Downside is that you don't expect to get much sleep(I got about 3 hours everyday). But if you're a party animal, this is the only place for you. Otherwise a good compromise would be their sister hostel Carpe Noctem or Vitae, its a good balance between sleep and fun.

• 26th May 2014
  • Singapore

I'm coming back next week

This was the best hostel I've stayed in so far. If you love to party this is the place for you. All the staff are so friendly and welcoming, it feels like you are a family by the time you leave.

• 26th May 2014

Best time. 5 star!!!

• 25th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Amazing stay, can't wait until I can go back! Best hostel ever, amazing staff (Puddles mainly), great knowledge of the city, and can show anyone how to have a good time!

"Does what it says on the tin" If you can drink,party, have a laugh and go nuts. Come to this hostel, Ive travelled and this has to be the most insane place ever! The staff are fantastic they take you out every night and have a lot of time for their customers. P.S I am not sure where you all get your energy from? Candy, Swaino, Lia, Man Saw, Krusty, Candy, Fern, Ducky and the rest of the Retox Party Hostel Crew thanks sooo much! Its been emotional! #Welovebeer! Jason H

Best. Hostel. Ever. Traveling alone can often be an unpredictable game, but when I came to stay at Retox it was like I'd known everyone who was staying there and the staff for years! Everyone was so friendly and up for having a good time every night & during the days. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer, this place is amazing! See you again sometime soooon you crazy people! By the way if you want a quiet, boring place to stay don't bother coming here!

• New Zealand

Definitely what it sounds like, if your young, adventurous, love to party everyday of the week, this is the place for you. Their warnings are fair when you arrive, the main one being you might not get the sleep u want, we personally were woken up by an Australian guy in a full body pikachu costume with shots of vodka a couple mornings... If your the kind of person that would say ok to that get ready for the time of your life. Personally, this hostel made Budapest happen forus.Thanks to the guys!

• 24th May 2014

Retox is by far my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in. Every day is a ridiculous party and so much fun. The staff is awesome and so welcoming. Don't stay anywhere else if you're coming to Budapest.

• 24th May 2014

Oh my. Came here for a long weekend and had the craziest time of my life. The crew were amazing, always recommending great stuff to do and leading you out on the wildest nights before springing back up at 8am. To those saying you won't sleep: you will. You'll also get very, very drunk. You may or may not meet a bloke in a Pikachu onesie. Go to Retox, you won't regret it.

Top party, top staff, top place all round. Do yourself a favour and stay there!

Retox is amazingggg/crazy/perfect!! We stayed in the private room which was fantastic! The staff is absolutely incredible, soo soo friendly, they just want you to have a great time. The parties are pretty insane. If you're in Budapest and don't stay here; big mistake ! (However, If you're looking for a quiet spot, this is definitely not for you! )

• 22nd May 2014