Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Awesome hostel if you're travelling with the intent of having a great night life.

the place is a complete madhouse (but in an epic way), the staff are pretty much legends and will go out of their way to help you with whatever. you will not regret staying here. anyone who badmouths this place must be out of their natural minds.....if you are going to budapest and are not soft as......go here.......go hard or go home

Felt at home straight away, staff are all friendly and fellow travellers themselves. Events every night and the hostel is set up perfectly, bar down stairs, beer pong room etc. what ever negatives there are at the hostel they are heavily out weighed by the positives vibes and experiences this place will bring you !

• 13th Jan 2014

This place was the greatest hostel i've been too. If you wanna have a mint party every night and get to know some mad crew then this is the place to stay. Sweet vibes and the other people staying here were all amazing, i'm sure by the end of your stay here you'll remember everyones name here and have some new mates for life.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • ryankindermann2403

Awesome party hostel and bar. Staff are extremely friendly and valuable resource. definite recommendation for those that come I Budapest to get absolutely loose and party like a wild kid. Don't forget to touch the cup.

Great value for money, the street outside the rooms is pretty damn noisy but that being said this is a party hostel and I didn't expect to get much sleep anyway ;-)

• 6th Jan 2014

AWESOME HOSTEL I did a three month trip in Europe and stayed in a to of hostels. Over that time I got a pretty good feel for what a quality hostel should have. From the minute I walked into Retox I was welcomed with open arms. The staff really facilitate a fun/community feel. They give you a great and honest overview of the city that covers everything from museums to good spots to get Hungarian food. I was originally scheduled for 2 days and ended up staying 5. The hostel is also very safe.

• 5th Jan 2014

Would never stay anywhere else if sorry WHEN I come back big thanks to krusty, candy, mansaw and luna seriously wasn't even sure if they were guests or workers thats just how GREAT the vibe is. I've recommended this place to eveyone I meet an their feedback is just as good as mine. If u wanna have fun and a time that u will never forget don't stay anywhere else!!!

• 4th Jan 2014

You May Never Be This Free Again I've stayed in a lot of hostels from Tokyo to the U.K. And this is hands down the best place I have been to in my entire life. You feel like part of a family right away. The staff by far will give you the best time of your life if you let them. There's always something to do. I've made friends that will last a lifetime and it's the first time I've shed tears over leaving a place. Luna,Krusty, Cyclops, Candy, Smike and the rest of the staff THANK YOU!!!

Just wow. If you want to have the time of your life stay at this hostel. The best staff and the most amazing atmosphere. Great fun every night and so many opportunities to do things during the day. We booked 4 nights and ended up staying six. May have purposely missed buses to stay this long! Special mention to all the fantastic staff luna, candy, ringo, crusty, kels, mansaw and the dearly departed Dave, smity and waffles. Definitely will return to stay again! Best week of my life.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Retox Party Hostel is one of the best hostels I ever spent time in! I went there during New Year's Eve days and I had such a great time! The staff is very kind and obliging, and is made of amazing people! Such as the guys I shared the room with. I'm deeply satisfied of having chosen this hostel, and I suggest this place to all those who like meeting crazy and interesting people!

• 30th Dec 2013

I had an absolutely amazing time here! If you want a calm and boring stay, where you don't make any new friends, don't stay at retox, because you will be disappointed. But, if you want to party, have a lot of fun and meet tons of new people, retox is the place! Def coming back as soon as I can!

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

Amazing facilities, location and atmosphere! But most of all amazing staff and people around the hostel! Had the most fun at Retox! Dosnt matter if its weekday or weekend, there is ALWAYS something to do! Coming back as soon as possible, Shine on BPH

I've stayed in hostels all around Europe and nothing compares to Retox. This place is heaven on earth to anyone that is looking to have a good time. The staff are all amazing and they are truly what makes you're stay at Retox what it is, special mentions too, Luna, Crusty, ManSaw, Ringo, Candy, Swaino and Kels. There are events every night you can join, the two i recommend doing is Party Boat and the Sparty, well worth it! I'll never forget my time there and intend on returning

• 28th Dec 2013

i never want to leave this place. i can honestly say that my stay here at retox has been the best (almost) two weeks of my european trip/life. I have met so many amazing people here and I am almost considering missing my flight to stay on another night. To Krusty, Luna, Candy, Ringo, Man saw, Kelsie and the rest of the staff here - its been brilliant and I'll miss you all!

This place! I met awesom people the minute I walked in, was greeted by everyone and most of all these people know how to party!!! I was at the end of a 30 hour journey from the states with little to no sleep and they managed to keep me out until 8am the first night and 6am the second night. I loved everyone I met here and the events they have planned are epic. It also helps that Budapest is one of most rad cities I've visited. A+ for the cats at Retox - Suze, Krusty, Kandy, Luna, the whole lot!

ABSOLUTELY loved retox!!!!!! the staff was amazing. I would have loved to stay longer!! we met so many people!! and had so much fun. you guys are awesome at what you do and you can tell you love to do it!! We were only suppose to stay three days but ended up staying for new years and would have loved to stay longer if we could have. Mansaw, waffle, smitty, ringo, crusty, candy and the rest of the staff were awseome, we felt so welcome and had an amazing time!! it definetly made our trip!!

The greatest vibe, most beautiful staff and wildest atmosphere I have ever come across in a single hostel. If you are looking to party, meet interesting people and experience the nightlife Budapest has to offer then Retox is the place for you.

party hostel its my second visit..

Thought it was great place. There was only 2 of us travelling. Staff made us feel welcomed and we made friends too. Good location. Would stay there again.

• 26th Dec 2013