Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

One of the best hostels i've ever stayed at! It truly is a party hostel and staff will make sure you have the time of your life, day and night. Downstairs there's a bar with cool graffiti, special made drinks, a pool table, a beer pong table and heaps of other fun stuff to do while being hammered. I definitely recommend staying at Retox Party Hostel since staying there was one of the best decisions in my life.

great party hostel!

I came to Budapest to party and that's definitely what I got! This place is crazy. Expect drinking and partying every night. Every night there's something going on, and if you want to see the city during the day, there's that as well. That being said, don't expect the cleanest showers and kitchen area, but a few drinks make everything more bearable. I'd also recommend going in the summer, so you won't be freezing and there's more people to party with.

Most fun I've ever had at a hostel! Met a lot of great people!

If you want to party there's no better place to stay. Shout out to pinchy for being an absolute champ! There's always things happening the the vibe is amazing.

Best thing is that there was no checkout time in the morning, so I could sleep in more on my last morning.

This place is filthy. Only stay here if being drunk is more important to you than your health and safety. We came back from a day of sight seeing and our 'private' dorm was wide open, even though we had certainly locked it prior to leaving. We only had 4 tiny lockers for a 6 person dorm. Toilets appeared to remain uncleaned for our entire stay. We ultimately opted to leave Retox 4 nights early as we could not handle it anymore. Please note: we are not hostel snobs, this place was just beyond!

So you know those hostels where you walk in and feel like you're at home? Me neither. However, Retox has the friendliest, most chilled out staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. If you want to party, and party hard. Then I highly recommend Retox. If you don't think you can drink another night? Don't think, just drink. I promise that the only thing you'll regret is your eventual leave. And Pepper. Congrats on the maiden title, you can thank me again later. Much luv for all the staff. Out.

• 15th Dec 2014

THE place to stay in Budapest. Staff couldn't be friendlier. The parties are crazy. I will recommend this to all my friends looking to have a good time in this city.

I no longer have a liver. And I don't regret it.

The two of us had a great 8 days at Retox! Even in what was supposed to be a quiet period for Budapest in general, Retox was able to put on a great show! It couldn't be a better place to have fun. Every night is enjoyable and the staff go out of their way to make this possible. Couldn't recommend it more highly. Special shout out to TRex, SJ, Racks and PJ!!

• 12th Dec 2014

Good Hostel, staff made sure everyone knew what was going on every night. The common room shuts really early though, and there's not really any place to chill out when you get back because of this. Especially if you want to keep partying in the early hours.

I had an amazing stay at Retox! If you're wanting to meet people and do some serious drinking, Retox is perfect! There is always something organised so your nights are always loads of fun, the rooms and facilities are fine, the staff are amazing and super helpful!! The whole atmosphere of the hostel is super friendly... it's like a big family! I could not fault this hostel at all... I could've easily stayed there another week or two! Loved the Retox crew and will definitely be back!

• 7th Dec 2014

Had a great stay at Retox. The staff can't do enough for you and are always keen to get you involved in the various activities on offer each day. Would highly recommend and will definitely visit again!

• 7th Dec 2014

If your looking I meet a bunch of awesome people and party a lot then this is the hostel for you. Very fun and very wild. Always something to do

• 7th Dec 2014

This was such a fun hostel to stay at! We went on a pub crawl to the ruin bars and had a blast! Wish we could have stayed longer!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Retox Party Hostel was the best hostel we stayed at in Europe. The staff are incredibly fun and friendly. It is a party hostel though so don't think you're going to get anything done during the day.

INSANE. Crazy fun drinking events every night. Everyone is always either drunk, hungover, or asleep 24/7. The funnest hostel I have ever stayed in. The facilities and rooms are honestly pretty good for what the travellers are hitting them with night after night. Don't come here expecting a quiet time.

I was with a psycho girl which is what made the experience not as great but other then that i loved the hostel and the atmosphere and everyone was very welcoming and helpful! Loved the people but the light in the private room was messed up and we had no pillowcases.

Even though my friend and I were here in the middle of winter when the hostel can be almost empty, we had the best possible week in Budapest. The staff are absolute legends who managed to clean the room every morning while I slept through to 3, and take you out every for amazing events, as well as getting heavily involved themselves in the open mic and karaoke night. Retox has a great bar and is close to everything I wanted, and the staff always recommend great bars, breakfast places and clubs.

• 27th Nov 2014