Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

One thing is to be a party hostel, as the other's I've been to. Another is to believe that cleanliness and a good place to sleep is something that can be left out in a hostel just in the name of party. One other important point is that when you travel, the concept of partying should not be enclosed in the hostel, not knowing one single bar outside.

I love Retox! If you are looking to party, meet people, and see an amazing city then stay here!! I had an absolute blast! Everyday and night there are amazing activities that you can partake in (free tours, rock climbing, pub crawls, booze cruise, and much more) and the staff is beyond fun and friendly. My only cons: hostel was a bit dirty and smelly (lots of dudes in my room). Also, a couple people got phone chargers stolen from them. Nothing that would stop me from returning. LOVE IT!

Absolutely loved the place! Such a fantastic atmosphere with some of the most eccentric people you will ever meet. They have so much to offer in such an awesome city...I recommend this place 100% GO GO GO -G

• 20th May 2014

Facilities-wise: you get what you pay for. The bathrooms aren't super clean, the lockers don't actually lock, you get kicked out of the kitchen by 8:30, etc. People-wise: amazing! The staff genuinely wants you to have the best time ever. There are activities planned every night and I even got a personalized email thanking me for coming. I met a bunch of like minded people there and had a blast. I would definitely stay there again.

you may never be this free again. the people here are like angles. they gave me a pickachu outfit to wear and im still wearing it. if you want to have the best time of your life come to retox. #fuzzymittencat. I woke up every morning and there were people already drinking. everyone gets along with everyone. i love fern

• 20th May 2014

Party Hostel,Very good location,very good staff,never get bored,very good and organized night events,many solo travelers,the best place to party and meet more people,good prices,perfect city! Cheers

• 17th May 2014
  • Greece

Easily the best hostel i stayed in throughout the duration of my Eurotrip. If you go to Budapest and dont stay at the Retox you are a fool. Shout out to my homies pixie, yogi, crusty, pj, and candie for the good times and hospitality. Your favorite Americans, Chief Queef

• 14th May 2014

Honestly.... Ula and I had the greatest time. The staff is so incrediby awsome and welcoming. Just make sure you never say M-I-N-E. Hahaha. Love you guys always and I hope to visit soon. Love Tanya, AKA Pikachu

• 13th May 2014

Straight off massive thanks to big mates Lex, Ducky, Crusty, yogi, Johnny, Man Saw, Pixie, PJ, Candy, Smike, Simone and the few people in the office whose names escape me. This place is a mad house in the best way possible and if you are looking for a good time in Budapest with fantastic people just lock Retox in. The closest thing that this place has to a flaw is this one guy called Fern, face like a sloth and IQ of a plant ;) Cheers for the awesome time guys, ill be back asap! Lexy lady

THE best hostel I've stayed in! All the staff are awesome. Spent my 21st there and couldn't have asked for a better birthday. Thanks Retox crew!

• 9th May 2014

This place is nuts. I hope it doesn't get shut down. Very fun.

Best place I have ever stayed! Staff are above amazing, everyone is friendly and fun to get along with, Retox hostel changed my life can't wait for the day I can go back!!

• 8th May 2014

Retox is something else. I was told by some other guests when I first arrived that Retox changes your life.. and now after extending my stay three times to a total of 12 nights, I know what they mean. There's something in the atmosphere here that just creates such a good energy, literally everyone is happy all the time, everyone is your mate, everyone just has so much fun. The staff are amazing, so helpful, welcoming and fun, they really make Retox what it is. You may never be this free again!

• 7th May 2014

One must be aware that this Hostel is really intended for hard party. There is absolutely no noise rule. The cleanliness of the place is also under the acceptable limits. Definitely not for long stays.

This place was recommended to me by travellers from all over the world and it completely exceeded expectations! Hands down the best hostel in Europe. Staff and guests were just generally awesome human beings, so much fun, so much crazy! I extended my stay and still didn't want to leave. Special mentions to Ducky for leaving a lasting impression on my cousin, to Pixie for encouraging family bonding, and to Paul Walker for his excellent guest relations. Can't wait to come back soon!!

• 6th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Best hostel in Budapest hands down.

• 6th May 2014

UFFFFFFF !!! Should I say something??? EXTRAORDINARY, LEGENDARY, WONDERFUL, among others, are not enough to describe my stay at this amazing party hostel. The stuff is really cool and motivated, the atmosphere is insane, you can never expect some quite moment, is a constant party that I loved to enjoy. Probably the best party hostel I've stayed. The location is amazing, near nightlife, metro stations and touristic attractions. DON'T GO IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP :)

Great fun - perfect set up for backpackers and people looking to party.

• 2nd May 2014

Greatest place I've ever stayed. The incredible staff are absolutely unrivalled - made to feel extremely welcome immediately upon arrival, always getting you involved with events and helping with ANY request you have until it is solved. So much fun and an awesome place at a great central location, you will not have a better time than at Retox!!

It's an amazing Hostel with the best staff I've ever met. If you like to party and to meet new friends from all over the world, you should definitely go to the Retox Party hostel.

• 2nd May 2014