Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

get all up inside the positive vibes, become immersed in the retox vortex. the place, the people, the love are all a beautiful thing.

• 13th Feb 2015

If you're looking for a time with a bunch of well-hearted, iron-livered Australians, Americans and Canadians (the staff at least) to drink the night away and sleep the day away, this place is the place for you. I came here for just one night at the end of my Budapest adventure, and sadly I couldn't stay longer. If and when I can I will be back without hesitation...

awesome party atmosphere for anyone looking to come to Budapest for the nightlife and overall experience.

• 6th Feb 2015

Hostel Retox is an incredible place, with the most amazing friendly staff. I actually had the best weekend of my life. I'm going back again, if you only have enough money to go to one place ever again go here.

• 5th Feb 2015

This place is like that scene in Billy Madison when he returns to Ms Veronica Vaughns class and grabs the chubby kids face........ `STAY HERE, STAY AS LONG AS YOU CAN. If youre into Harry Potter you will want to leave a Horcrux here to return one day. Ultimate staff, the best facilities, comfiest beds, awesome atmosphere

• 2nd Feb 2015

You'll have the best nights of your life that you don't remember at this hostel, stop caring about anything in the real world (in the best way), make a ton of friends and see some of coolest parts of beautiful Budapest. The staff is a bunch of crazy weirdos and I loved them. Shoutout to Pixie's tights to keep up their internet reputation, and to Flynch just cuz. Location is also fantastic, close to the city center and heaps of food.

No better place to stay if you're looking for fun and for a group of incredible people to share it all with! Staff and other residents were all so welcoming and brought us out every night for different events which we would never have known about otherwise. Stay here if you're up for F U N and not a lot of sleep!!

I cries a little when I had to leave....

• 30th Jan 2015

Wow this place was awesome. Pixie is so attractive. He has the coolest tights. But seriously this place is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Everyone is here for the same reason and that makes it easier to meet people, not to mention that the staff are incredible. Definitely go on the booze cruise. You wont regret it. I mean seriously Pixie is really hot.

• 27th Jan 2015

The staff are what make this place amazing! Racks who checked me in was awesome, but all the staff were equally as helpful, enthusiastic and crazy. I loved it there so much definitely will be returning!!

• 26th Jan 2015

Best hostel out of over 30 I've been to, don't miss out.

A highlight of my 12 month trip so far! This is a party hostel with a great atmosphere, if you can't make friends here then you're probably retarded. The staff run fun activities every night and make sure that everyone is involved and having a great time. The crew also know the city really well and go out of their way to recommend things to see and do in this awesome city. Allow some buffer time for your stay because you'll definitely want to stay for longer than planned!

• 25th Jan 2015

Was supposed to stay for 7 nights - ended up staying for 12. If you want a good night sleep, don't stay here. However if you want to party all night, have the best events organised for you, meet the coolest people and belly-laugh non-stop - then Retox is for you. Shouts to the staff for their commitment to the cause ha. Such a good bunch of people. Thanks for an amazing few days. See you soon hopefully. PS Snickers for life.

Arrived not knowing what to expect and was greeted by one of the hostel staff, Pixie. This awesome individual had the coolest tights I've come across. From then on I knew I was going to have a good time - and I did! You won't regret your stay at Retox.

• 24th Jan 2015

It is a classical party hostel. If you are looking for new friends and some party this hostel may be a good choice for you.

I have never been to a hostel that is more accommodating, fun, exciting and has the most amazing people working there. If you are down to have an awesome time and meet some ridiculously amazing people this is definitely the place for you. They are all legendary!!!

• 21st Jan 2015

The staff here is AMAZING. I was hoping for a good time since that's their thing, but I wasn't expecting them to be helpful. I was so wrong. They booked my shuttle to the airport FOR me at their personal expense, so I could make it to one of their evening activities. (Which was really fun.)

What a dirty hostel !! Cleanliness is zero point. Wifi was not stable , too bad. Atmosphere wasnt good , but the reason is its winter time maybe. Anyway , there are surely better hostels in Budapest.

I've been travelling for a fair few months and I'm coming to the end of my trip, Retox was 100% the greatest hostel I've stayed at, the staff makes you feel like family, there are always events with the other party hostels and they make an effort every single night to ensure maximum fun. Facilities were incredible, security was incredible, atmosphere was on another level. If I could give this place 150% I would. If you are in Budapest and don't stay at Retox you're doing it wrong!

• 10th Jan 2015

Description of this hostel is pretty self explanatory. If you are open minded and looking forward to meeting other travellers this hostel is second to none. Different activities are organised for every night of the week and they also gave great suggestions for day time stuff and places to eat.