Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

didn't actually end up staying here but had more than a few nights there the week I was in Budapest and stayed in there sister hostel the grandio party hostel, both are unbelievable from the staff too the people who stay , friendly , helpful staff , loads of fun , plenty of drink , clean , safe and set up so that you can party hard and get home easy , cant recommend either place highly enough

• 8th Jun 2014

so much fun, loved it, everyone was so lovely and welcoming, never wanted to leave!

• 8th Jun 2014

I have travelled all around the globe and Retox and Grandio are by far the best party hostels in world by far! The atmosphere and party culture are like nothing else. You won't want to leave! Spend as much time with Yogi as you can. That guy is the man!!

Very unclean and staff didn't seem to have control of the place. Put new locks in for luggage/ bags. Have better appearance and cleanliness.

Great experience! The staff were all really fun and inviting. The showers were freezing cold though.

Great place to stay!!, friendly staff and cool atmosphere. The only thing that I would complain is that the days I stayed there were very hot and I miss at least a fan inside the rooms.

The best hostel I've ever stayed at!!! The staff are awesome and are absolute babes, so helpful and make the experience of budapest one you'll never forget :-) Couldn't recommend a better party hostel

Loved my time here!!! If you want a party hostel, this is the place to go in Budapest. Amazing.

Retox is the most epic hostel. Everyone there is so much fun and always always up for a good time. It's a different world. If your going to budapest and like to party I definitely reccomend staying at retox, it's not for the half-hearted. Go hard or go home. All the staff there are some of the best people you will ever meet. Especially Candy, Fern and Yogi. We will definitely be heading back to retox the next time we are in budapest! Miss you guys already! Love Jess and Cayla x

This is a great place, one night wasn't enough, definitely I'll come back soon :)

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

We enjoyed our stay at Retox party hostel. They took us shooting guns, driving tanks and on a champagne cruise along the river danube. We had 2 issues with this establishment which unfortunately resulted in the loss of a star. The first issue could be forgiven from a young room manager called Ducky. This young man projectile vomited near my face. The second issue was unforgivable. A Canadian man called Cyclops did not know the words to karaoke classic chocolate salty balls. PS women here are hot

This place is incredible, the facilities are great, the atmosphere is second to none and the staff are the friendliest/most-helpful people in the world. Not to mention some of the best looking people you will meet, especially Ducky, wow.... What a rig...

If your coming to Budapest to party this is the spot for you... Had some great times but the staff is what made my stay so enjoyable! Two guys in particular fern and ducky really went above and beyond to make sure I was looked after and totally sorted m for tours and buses... Traveling in a group or solo go and see the boys at retox and your guaranteed a great Time and make some new friends too

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Absolutely loved it here. The staff were amazing and welcoming and showed us the full Retox experience. We are already planning our next trip back there.. We miss it already.

A very nice hostel to party, no hour to check out, funny people who just want to enjoy ! But if you want to sleep, forget about it ^^

• 2nd Jun 2014

That was definitely one of the weirdest (in the best possible sense) places I've stayed in. It's very easy to have fun, meet people and party around because the staff have always something going on. I've had a blast and when I go to Budapest again I'll definitely stay there! No doubt! When I was leaving I felt like leaving my Erasmus ones again (just so you can get the idea of the connection there) ;)

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Bulgaria

This place was absolutely incredible. If you are looking for just an awesome group of people that are passionate about Budapest and showing others how to have a good time, there's no better place. Duckie, Man Saw, and Yogi were some of the most chill dudes ever who saw to it that EVERYTHING we could possibly need was met. We had just had a long three days in Prague, so I didn't know what to expect but the whole staff was readily available and made our Budapest experience 2nd to none. 6 stars!

Retox was an insane experience! The atmosphere was super laidback and the staff were really friendly and helpful. My roommate and I had an amazing time with them. There are a lot of wicked events they are involved with, and the hostel usually does these things as a group. It's a great way to meet people and experience the best of Buda. I would stay here again and again! Special s/o to Krusty for staying awake till the wee hours of the morning to check us in!

• 30th May 2014

Do not come to this hostel unless you really are prepared to party 24/7, I did enjoy my stay here but the lockers in the rooms don't lock so I did worry sightly about the security of my stuff. The bathrooms could be cleaner as well.

Had an absolutely brilliant time at Retox. The staff are the greatest bunch of legends you could ask for, always keen to help, hang out, drink and make your stay unforgettable. Also, daily cleaning means comfort after your partying. Cheers to everyone for the greatest 5 nights. Will definitely be back soon. Hughen McGregor.