Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Even though my friend and I were here in the middle of winter when the hostel can be almost empty, we had the best possible week in Budapest. The staff are absolute legends who managed to clean the room every morning while I slept through to 3, and take you out every for amazing events, as well as getting heavily involved themselves in the open mic and karaoke night. Retox has a great bar and is close to everything I wanted, and the staff always recommend great bars, breakfast places and clubs.

• 27th Nov 2014

One of the if not the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are incredible, hung out with them as much as anyone over the course of the weekend and they made our time there. They had great recommendations were very easy to get along with and had fun with us all night. If you want to go to budapest and be at a social cheap wild hostel this is the place for you

• 27th Nov 2014

Great bar with a good vibe and cheap drinks. Every night there is one activity. But the facilities are the worst that I've ever found in any hostel. I read the description, ok, a party hostel will have drunk guys, noise or whatever, I was ok with that. But the rooms were too cold in the winter, the showers and toilets were freezing and there was no hot water for more than 1 minute of shower. A party hostel is not an excuse to don't provide a good structure. Would't recommend it.

crazy but expected. super fun bar and really nice staff

Great hostel filled with awesome people. Highly recommend it for young backpackers. The staff take you in and are very helpful with setting up events out side of the hostel. Very easy to feel comfortable and make friends. Always something fun going on, like Bar Crawls or Open Mic, and never a dull moment at Retox. Looking forward to coming back here in the future and reuniting with the awesome people that we met there.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Very very entertaining place! Definitely the place to stay in Budapest! Pixie, Flynch and PJ were fantastic hosts. These guys definetly know how to have a good time. Cheers for the best week of my eurotrip boys

Don't wait for cleanness or calm, but if you want to party and meet people from all over the world (especially Australia!) this is the place to go! Activities organized every nights and propositions of parties!

Prepare yourself for the craziest, loosest, most insane time of your life. Not a place for the faint of heart. Staff are incredible, people are great, and the services and events are awesome. I'll be back to retox!

Best hostel in the world

Pros **** Good location Own bar Cheap to drink beer happy hour The hostal is good if you only want to party Contras: ******** Dirty toilets thin sheets, pillow , you could get a cold The towels rented are still wet People pissing on the wall in the room and in bed People lie on your bed without asking permission and making bed dirty People throw stuff like beer and chips everywhere on the floor People drinks 24hours non-stop

The staff and organised events make this place awesome. Retox without a doubt, is the best party hostel in Europe!

• 10th Nov 2014

Perfect hostel for backpackers who are looking for party. In fact, Retox is the new word for detox!!

The staff and atmosphere at this place are awesome! A great time for solo and sociable travellers. Stuff to do every night and the staff know how to keep the fun going. Shouts to Pixie, Ashtray, and Racks

Retox was by far the best Hostel I've ever stayed at!! I was meant to be here for 3 nights and extended to a week. The staff are amazing and so unbelievably helpful. They organise amazing activities every single night and it is the best place in the world for meeting new travelers. I'll definetly be back!!

• 7th Nov 2014

Staff were top knotch - made an effort to know everyone's name and get them involved. Made solo travellers part of their gang, the only staff name's I remember were PJ, Pixie, Coltraine (Although from a different hostel - gave me some good advice on where to pick up some good cheap vintage shirts, I found a few, so please tell him I said thanks, he'll know who I am!), and the Aussie guy with glasses. Would certainly recommend to solo travellers under 25. Thanks for a great few days!

Dope ass party Hostel, they go out of your way to make sure you have a good time. Definitely would stay there again to RAGE!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

When you book in for 5 nights and stay for god knows how long you know you have a home away from home. Not only do they live up to party reputation but it is also the most welcoming hostel I have come across on my travels. The facilities also exceeded my expectations, with the staff cleaning every room and bathroom every morning. It is perfectly located in the heart of Pest and close to everything you could possibly need. But above else the staff are absolutely incredible! Retox is a must!

• 6th Nov 2014

Retox was awesome! I stayed for 4 days and had such an amazing time! Every staff member is a badass and wants you to have as much fun as possible while they join you! They were extremely helpful with seeing things around the city or making reservations. I'll definitely be back to Retox!

Its like living in an abandoned building. Dirty, smelly, no hot showers, and its hard to get any sleep at all.

• 6th Nov 2014

Our week at RetoX was without a doubt one of the highlights of our trip. The staff were super friendly, and invariably made it impossible to not have a good time. Definitely the best party hostel we've stayed in so far in Europe, do yourself a favour and get down for a round of 'To Catch a Predator', you won't be disappointed. BYO trenchcoat

• 3rd Nov 2014