Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Had an awesome time at Retox party hostel! Didn't know what to expect from Budapest and this place has had us hooked, we even extended our stay...most fun we've had in Europe!! There were no beds left for the extra night we chose to stay and the great staff went out of there way to hook us up with somewhere to sleep. Will definitely be returning to Retox ASAP. Thanks guys and see you soon! Special thanks to Yogi, Candy, and Ducky and the rest of the staff for making our stay so awesome!

• 16th Jun 2014

Hectic hostel, awesome staff and a great atmosphere!! I would highly recommend staying here. Thanks for a great time guys, we will definitely be back again!

• 14th Jun 2014

Possibly the best hostel I've ever visited. I came in a group of 6 guys for a boozy weekend in Budapest & have never experienced a hostel help to achieve our aims with such perfection. Check in was done at a chilledpace over a couple beers in the hostel bar by the legendary Ducky. Ideal night time activities were suggested & organised for us by staff. Great hostel, great people that are chilled but can flick the switch to aggresive drinking when necessary. Much love, Muzza. p.s candy's a legend

• 12th Jun 2014

Cracking time, keep it going!

Great people, great times

• All Male Group, 18-24

this hostel is hands down the most fun you will have in Europe. the staff are absolute legends and always go out of their way to help you. big love to yogi and mansaw. i will be back very soon.

• 12th Jun 2014

Awesome stay, everyone is up for a laugh and the staff are jokes too. Go to Retox if you want to party!

• All Male Group, 18-24

great great times to be had here. especial thanks to ducky and candy

• 12th Jun 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in. Staff are amazing, so welcoming and fun! Hostel is in a great location and the rooms are very clean. It is very lively and there are always things to do! If you are going to Budapest definitely stay at Retox!

• 11th Jun 2014

can not big this place up enough, had a superb couple of days in this incredible establishment and cannot wait to go back! staff be friendly, chatty and hilarious plus the building in itself is something to marvel! would 100% recommend the first thing to do in Budapest is to book in to Retox! Big Love, Jack and Tom

• 11th Jun 2014

The staff were amazing and so helpful - shout out to Fern, Johnny and Candy 😘👍

• 10th Jun 2014

Well….what can I say! This place is exactly what it claims to be, A PARTY HOSTEL! I was traveling alone and really wanted to check out the Budapest night life, and this was a great way to meet awesome people while getting to have some fun at night as well. I had so much fun that I actually stayed an extra night :) When you check in they also give great advice on places to see and maps, so don't worry you can still get your sight seeing in during the day (if you're not too hungover lol)

This place is cray. Absolutely nuts. People drink from 9am-5am, music is never off. Basically it's a bar with some rooms. Would recommend going there to party, but staying there is not necessary, and it's too loud and hectic to sleep. This isn't a negative review, I mean if you want to party definitely go there, but you can go there and party without staying there.

They mean it when they say it's a party hostel. I had such an amazing time here getting to know the awesome staff and convenient location to see all the sites. A week of not much sleep was definitely worth all the amazing parties and fun time! Great way to meet people because the party is always right down stairs at the hostel. I definitely reccomend retox and give it two thumbs up!! I cannot wait to come back and party with workers! One of my favorite stops during my 3 months of travel!:)

Fit staff and Guaranteed fun every visit!

• 8th Jun 2014

didn't actually end up staying here but had more than a few nights there the week I was in Budapest and stayed in there sister hostel the grandio party hostel, both are unbelievable from the staff too the people who stay , friendly , helpful staff , loads of fun , plenty of drink , clean , safe and set up so that you can party hard and get home easy , cant recommend either place highly enough

• 8th Jun 2014

so much fun, loved it, everyone was so lovely and welcoming, never wanted to leave!

• 8th Jun 2014

I have travelled all around the globe and Retox and Grandio are by far the best party hostels in world by far! The atmosphere and party culture are like nothing else. You won't want to leave! Spend as much time with Yogi as you can. That guy is the man!!

Very unclean and staff didn't seem to have control of the place. Put new locks in for luggage/ bags. Have better appearance and cleanliness.

Great experience! The staff were all really fun and inviting. The showers were freezing cold though.