Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

1953 Total Reviews

Retox party hostel lived up to the hype! Can't wait to get back here ASAP!

• 12th Oct 2015

Absolutely fantastic hostel, everyone is super social, there's always activities and all the staff do an amazing job of getting everyone to participate. Shout out to all the staff, they were a big part of the reason we extended our stay on four occasions! We've missed other cities we wanted to see because we just could not bare to leave Retox. Make sure you don't miss the jager train on Sundays or the boat party! And make sure you book at least a week, you will extend anyway! We'll be back

Retox is on another level. By far my favorite hostel. The staff makes it. Shout outs to: Tinks, Sandy, Gumby, Rory and the rest of the retox crew. You are all insane.

Had such a wicked time!

• 12th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Awesome hostel, staff are great; extremely helpful and friendly. Nightly activities are insane. Do love a good strawpedo.

Absolutely wild. One hell of a time.

Retox Hostel has been without a doubt the best hostel I have stayed at in all my travels, I have been travelling for 6 months now. The facilities are as good as you could want and the staff are honestly the most friendly AND helpful staff in any hostel going above and beyond to fill your needs. If you're after a wild time I could not recommend anywhere elese but Retox! The boys Rory, Cosmo, Crash, Sandy (just to name a few) will make sure you have the most hectic stay of your life. Book Retox!!!

• 10th Oct 2015

Retox is an experience. You may not get the cleanest or comfiest stay but the friends and memories you'll make there are well worth it. Super close to everything (and a grocery store where u can get 2L beer for 539Ft). If you want a good time go here

retox attracts the best type of people and the vibes are crazy and happy 24/7. If youre up for partying and getting silly, this is the place to meet people in the same mindset as you. Rooms are nice and clean, and the facilities are upkept so well by the incredible staff. Thanks for the good times Lily! and shoutout to Rory the cutie and Crash the legend x

Had an amazing time at Retox, only meant to stay a few days and ended up extending to a week, and I regret leaving at all. Awesome events organized every night, and the staff were all really awesome (especially Crash ;) ). Everyone staying and working at that hostel is insane and I love it. I'll be back! Trust me, stay at retox, never leave.

That place is literally the funniest/funnest place. It doesn't seem like real life because everyone is too nice and all there real names are top secret so I only davinci coded like three of them. All the staff know what's good and have great ideas on what to do. I had like a 10 minute stroll where I could listen to a few Taylor swift songs and I'd find some insanely delicious food. Everything happens all the time there. Love it. And I'm a travel agent.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

This place is absolutely amazing! If you're wanting to come to Budapest to have a good time, see the nightlife and meet a lot of people you have to stay at retox! The staff are so friendly and know how to party but are also really helpful during the day when you need help on how to get to sights, how the public transport system works etc. They always have organised events which everyone goes to so it's great for solo travellers who need to meet people. Shout out to Nina!! Absolute legend!

What a place! I wish i could of stayed longer! This place is never boring. There is always an excuse to get drunk. The staff are bloody rad!!! Crash and Nina made my stay wicked. While they party with you every day/night they still get up and work hard, changing beds ect. Its so close to everything and got plenty of sightseeing in aswell. All in all, id reccomend this place to everyone who is keen to make some great friends, get a lil freaky and party hard. Beware of the buffalo.

RETOX! It's a blast! From spa parties to strawpedos to the jäger train, every single night (and day) there is something to do and an excuse to drink. The staff is one loving adorable family who will do everything they can to make sure you're comfortable and having a great time, and the bar downstairs is great. Physically it's a little rough around the edges, but they clean frequently! Retox is the best for what a party hostel could offer!

I don't really understand how Hostel Bookers expect me to write about my Retox experience with 500 measly characters. I was there three times in a month, went to my terminal and got a taxi straight back. 500 characters isn't going to cut it baby. It was the absolute tits and if I could go back to anywhere right now it would be there. If you don't book to stay there you are a wet fanny sorry, walk round ugly, laugh, talk to people, be gross, go and get addicted to Retox. MISS YOU LITTLE SPOT SJ

• 29th Sep 2015

If you're looking to party hard all day and night and then wake up and do it all again then Retox is the place for you. Literally had the best week of my trip at Retox. Standing on tables doing beer bongs, strawpedos and flip pong happen every single night. boat parties, getting rowdy, 600 jäger bomb trains, beer bikes and the best staff make this place incredible. Shout out to the team at Retox for makin my birthday week something to remember (barely) for the rest of my life. - Seth

From the moment you arrive at Retox you will instantly feel like part of the family. The staff are so welcoming and cannot do enough to help with anything that you might need. The building and the rooms have so much character its slightly overwhelming on arrival but it doesnt take long to feel like home. Retox is no 5 star hotel but it delivers on what it promises and so much more, great staff, great people and an unreal atmosphere that you will never forget! Will definitely see you again!

• 28th Sep 2015

You come here for a good time, not sleep. Friendly staff that also know how to party!!

Amazing time. Such friendly staff and a great vibe in the place. Highly recommend it and I want to come back

• 28th Sep 2015

By far the best hostel I stayed in whilst travelling around Europe. The staff are some of the best people you'll meet, including SJ and Jack who definitely lead the best pub crawl and bike beer tour I've been on! The Yager train party on Sunday is also a must! Would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone whose keen to have a loose time, never a dull moment and I will definitely be back! Loved all of the retox family so much xoxoxo