Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

Retox sets the standard for what a party hostel should be like. The environment eliminates introverts and creates legends. The staff are refreshingly friendly, knowledgable, helpful and encourage interaction of all sorts. There is no check out time which an awesome perk. The wifi is strong and constant. The location is convenient in terms of attractions, clubs, and food. This hostel is such a fun time that you'll tell people all over Europe that if you go to Budapest you must stay at REtOx!!!!!!

Craziest weekend of my life. Be prepared for eveything they warn you about!

Seriously awesome hostel, best place to stay in budapest by far. Really great atmosphere and fun staff who can rock a pretty rad pair of tights.

Best hostel ever. So much fun. Highly recommend to anyone keen for a party. Turbulence, Jaeger Train and Flip Pong were my highlights. The staff there are all really friendly and are next level party crazy. - Craig

So much fun. Heading back in the summer for sure. Staff are legends, as were the fellow guests. Budapest is incredible, explore the city by day, party by night. Staff were so helpful too. Much love.

• 1st Jan 2015

This was our second time staying at Retox, and round two definitely didn't disappoint! This place is absolutely insane - don't bother staying anywhere else in Budapest if you're looking for a mad time. Absolutely phenomenal New Year with these guys, add it to your bucket list! The staff are all amazing - so friendly and they will guarantee you have an absolutely cracking stay. We will be back for sure! 100% the best party hostel on the planet!!

they could start with serving breakfast.

Great hostel for socialising and party. We ve been there over new years and it was a great experience! Loved our stay. The staff is great and fun. All in all super good stay.

The toilets and shower smelled badly and there was poop on the wall in the shower. The staff members seemed to be drunk all day and one of them was smoking weed despite the no-drugs policy. They cleaned regularly so the floors were clean but that's about it. It was very cold in the hostel and the showers occasionally ran out of hot water.

• 29th Dec 2014

It's insane :) atmosphere is great, people awesome, stuff weird (but amazing). Beds are not luxurious, the hostel is kinda old-dirty (you can name it 'vintage' maybe). Well-located. The people here make the difference. Only go there if you can take parties, sound and s*x!

Do not go to this hostel if you enjoy spiders - this place is out of control (in a good way). The staff are R.A.D - super friendly and making sure you have a damn good time is on top of their agenda (Shout out to absolute Salt Weapons Puppy, Flynch and Pixie!) If you don't enjoy partying/drinking then stay at the Vitae hostel as it's more chilled. I saw some things here that I can never unsee but I regret nothing.

• 27th Dec 2014

Great hostel, situated in a good position!They organize parties every night so it's a good way to meet people and have fun! I was with a group of friends and we enjoyed every moment! The only bad thing I could say about this hostel is that they should do something about the hot water: often you couldn't have a warm shower in the late afternoon.

• 27th Dec 2014

One of the best hostels i've ever stayed at! It truly is a party hostel and staff will make sure you have the time of your life, day and night. Downstairs there's a bar with cool graffiti, special made drinks, a pool table, a beer pong table and heaps of other fun stuff to do while being hammered. I definitely recommend staying at Retox Party Hostel since staying there was one of the best decisions in my life.

great party hostel!

I came to Budapest to party and that's definitely what I got! This place is crazy. Expect drinking and partying every night. Every night there's something going on, and if you want to see the city during the day, there's that as well. That being said, don't expect the cleanest showers and kitchen area, but a few drinks make everything more bearable. I'd also recommend going in the summer, so you won't be freezing and there's more people to party with.

Most fun I've ever had at a hostel! Met a lot of great people!

If you want to party there's no better place to stay. Shout out to pinchy for being an absolute champ! There's always things happening the the vibe is amazing.

Best thing is that there was no checkout time in the morning, so I could sleep in more on my last morning.

This place is filthy. Only stay here if being drunk is more important to you than your health and safety. We came back from a day of sight seeing and our 'private' dorm was wide open, even though we had certainly locked it prior to leaving. We only had 4 tiny lockers for a 6 person dorm. Toilets appeared to remain uncleaned for our entire stay. We ultimately opted to leave Retox 4 nights early as we could not handle it anymore. Please note: we are not hostel snobs, this place was just beyond!

So you know those hostels where you walk in and feel like you're at home? Me neither. However, Retox has the friendliest, most chilled out staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. If you want to party, and party hard. Then I highly recommend Retox. If you don't think you can drink another night? Don't think, just drink. I promise that the only thing you'll regret is your eventual leave. And Pepper. Congrats on the maiden title, you can thank me again later. Much luv for all the staff. Out.

• 15th Dec 2014