Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

1954 Total Reviews

D-Deliciously Fun A-Absolutely Awesome N-New Brother N-Nugget Hunter Y-Yes i approve BEER - NUDITY- DOOMPERZ NINA IS MY SOUL MATE I WANT TO SNUGGLE HER BUT SHE HAS TO WORK SOMETIMES WHICH SUCKS. I LOVE RETOX

Really well located. We travelled as 8 blokes, but took a room for 10 to ourselves (definitely advisable if travelling in a high number). Pros- excellent bar/drinking games area, location, friendliness of staff, atmosphere, volume of people in social areas Cons- would benefit from refurb in certain areas (bathroom, common room); however, bearing in mind the cost, this is manageable. If you want somewhere to get messy in Budapest, sign yourselves up!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

So I now know that party hostel means 'dirty' hostel. The mattresses are thin, the sheets had hair and stains on them, despite being told they had been changed and the place is makes you feel itchy. Both the upstairs showers had baby cock roaches and broken showerheads and had low pressure. The staff are generally hungover Aussies. My recommendation would be to stay at a cleaner hostel nearby but join in with their nightly activities as others did.

Retox was everything advertised and more! So much fun words can't explain. Definitely not the place to get a quiet night sleep but if your looking for some crazy people to have crazy nights with this is your place. Staff is amazing! Racks, Rio, SJ, Morpheus and all the others were equally as helpful as they were fun to party with. Definitely we'll be back!

Best hostel, great atmosphere and incredible staff. Despite what you may think the place is clean and, the beds and facilities are great. The staff are so friendly and welcoming, and being a solo traveller its the best place to meet people and get retarded. Just be warned that this place sucks you in. I may never leave this place. TBC

Retox has been the best hostel I've stayed at. You walk in and are immediately greeted by the Staff, they go through everything there is to do in Budapest and show you personally to the your room. There are events each night that either the staff had organised or are getting involved in, and they are seriously fun. The place is a little rough around the edges but its not even an issue because its all about the experience, and being at Retox has been an absolute highlight for my trip so far.

Couldn't say a bad word about this place if i tried. Weather its danny dropping doompers at all hours, the cheap bar prices or babe/lily enforcing the m i n e rule it was the best 6 nights the group of us have had at any place in the last 3.5 months. You won't want to leave this place, loose activities everynight and every last one of the awesome staff will join in with you. I will Be heading back at my first opportunity!

• 23rd Sep 2015

You should know that this is a Party Hostel. So it was really good for party!

Retox is the funnest hostel in Europe – if you’re up for a good time you HAVE to stay here. They offer an array of epic events where you’ll meet lots of other outgoing travellers, and the bottom of many glasses. The eccentric staff always keep you entertained & are constantly available to help you with whatever you need. Nothing is a problem. This is a party hostel & it's crazy, but it is run really really well. Cosmo, Jack & Jack are credits to the company; they're hilarious, fun & beautiful :)

Amazing! Absolutely Amazing!

Thanks for your help

Best experience I have ever had with a group I will never forget. Shoutout to Marco Collins (Morpheus) for showing me the time of my life. I will 100% go back here no doubt. Just be careful, if you are not trying to party as hard as you can... Don't come here. But if you are, come on Saturday for the Sparty. Staff was super nice and amazing, hostel was pretty clean actually! People and environment was perfect. Loved every second, and I wish I stayed longer than 2 nights! Ask for a winepeedo!!!!

This place isn't going to win any beauty pageants, but the people I came across at this hostel were easily the most memorable from my travels. Beds aren't that comfortable and showers can be cold, but that is part of the experience. The best part is that there is always, always something to do. The legends (that's what the employees call themselves) are all young and relatable and want to make sure you have a good time (Nina was my favorite). If you want to have fun, stay at retox.

Great location, setup, and staff. This was much more social of a setup than like Grandio. I expected the cleanliness to be a little poor, and it was, but still tolerable. Worth the sacrifice for the fun hostel.

It's fucken RAD stay here if your in Budapest for sure

Best hostel and staff ever. Could only stay away for a few days and we are back already. Sj is the Best Buy her lots of shots

• 12th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Had an amazing time here. We were staying at a smaller hostel in Budapest before and moved to Retox for the weekend and so glad we did. The boat party / pub crawl / Sparty were all incredible. Loads of people staying at the hostel so got to meet a bunch of people. It's not the cleanest of course but not as bad as some of the reviews make it out to be. Overall would definitely stay again or maybe check out Grandio next time I'm in Budapest.

You guys are great, keep doing what you're doing. Let me know if you find my phone though lol.

• 9th Sep 2015

I've stayed in hostels across Europe and Retox would have to be my absolute favourite! Retox is the pinnacle of Party Hostels. Such an incredible atmosphere! The staff went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was having the time of their lives (shout out to Nina, you're the BEST). In short, loved Retox and everything they're about. Already planning my next trip!

• 9th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Retox definitely lived up to its crazy reputation! The events and nights out that they organise were wicked fun, and the vibe at the bar downstairs is super friendly (especially during happy hour). We went to the sparty which was nuts but well worth it. We had a private room which was very clean with a comfortable bed, clean bathroom & awesome street art on the walls. Would stay again!