Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

place was an absolute dump. room stunk and en-suite showers were vile

• 27th Feb 2015

I can not believe it has taken me this long to write a review [well, I can I think i'm a little challenged and couldn't figure out how to do it] but nonetheless, Retox hostel is amazing. No, its not a lavish 5 star resort, yes, you're going to hear some strange things at strange hours, but that is the beauty of this place. I had never had a hostel experience where I met so many amazing people, created countless memories, and left with new friends. From the atmosphere--> staff, Retox is the best

• 26th Feb 2015

Retox is the best place on earth mainly thanks to the legends that work there. They will literally give you the shirt of their back, take their tits out in solidarity (ily salty), and support your mid-day tequila habits. They have fun stuff planned every night and are around during the day if you want to get beaten in an array of drinking games. I extended once and booked a flight back less than 24 hours after I checked out.

• 26th Feb 2015

Had the best time at Retox, the staff are so much fun and great people. They all make you feel very welcome and more than happy to help you out and have a few too many drinks with you. Defiantly the only place i would stay in Budapest!!!

• 26th Feb 2015

Disclosure:what you're about to read is NOT a paid advertisement,it is a real testimony about this legendary place. From the champagne boat cruise, to the ruin bar crawl, to the sparty, to the nipples, to the jager train, Retox has a way of making you feel at home from the second you enter through the doors. The staff are truly the best, Racks, T-rex, Chloe, S.J., Salty, Pix, Flynch, Morpheus,Johnny, thank you for the unforgettable week, already booking my stay for May #creaturesofretox #pesties

What a riot! definitely not your average hostel. the nights out are insane and the guys who work there really go out of their way to help. You'll walk into a room and ten minutes later leave with pals for life, the atmosphere is incredible! Will be back again soon no doubt - keep up the good work ✌

• 26th Feb 2015

I wish I'd come and stayed here sooner. I guess I'll have to make up for it in the future!

• 24th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Travelling for three months on your own can make an Only child such as myself feel quite lonely. As soon as I walked in the door I was made to feel part of the craziest and most beautiful family. I've never cried, laughed and so much fun in my life. Shout out to Tarzan for being the friendliest grizzly man, Chloe for showing me her sweater puppies, flinch for being flinch and finally Danny and tinker bell for recruiting me into their alcohololympic team and getting me absolutely WGW. BAIIIIIII.

So basically, if you like to have fun.... THIS PLACE IS THE PLACE. Staff is legend, tights are worn on the reg... seriously you wont find a better spot to meet good people and have an absolute rager of a time. If I had more time, money and stamina I'd most likely live here. Stay sweet and stay at Retox.

• 23rd Feb 2015

I've stayed at in a fair share of hostels all through Europe and this has got to be my favourite one. There aren't many places where the staff are as friendly and as good to hang out with as other travellers. Good facilities and kitchen to save some money and cook your own food. Good location, close to the metro station and restaurants and bars surrounding. Something is always organised by the staff every night which means there is always seething to do. Absolutely awesome hostel, thanks legends

• 21st Feb 2015

Though the hostel wasn't very clean, it wasn't terrible and the atmosphere and staff willingness to make sure you have a great time definitely make up for the lack of cleanliness.

Six days in this big amazing funky hostel, best staff ever!!! Crazy guys who knows every guest by name and are always willing to help and have good advice on what to do! Parties and drinking every day in their awesome bar and some places else, amazing pubcrawl. Great location, great messy atmosphere, don't look for a fancy structure and don't go there if you're picky. It's all about the party, not the design or the most expensive bed linen. 100% fun! Hope to come back soon! Cheers to you all!!!

Great place to stay if you are wanting to experience Budapest at it's finest..their nightlife! Staff were really helpful with any questions we had which makes the stay a lot more fun! There were always activities on each night which encouraged everyone to join! A lot of fun was had here!!

This place is absolutely amazing! The staff here are so much fun, they were very informative about what to see and do here in Budapest. They also show you an amazing time here at the hostel. There is an event going on every single night, from beer olympics to a party boat with some amazing views of all the sites at night. Oh and yes it is a party. Party every night, dont come here if youre looking to relax. I absolutely love it here, was meant to stay one night, still here going on 4 nights.

• 18th Feb 2015

Best place ever your all great the place was great felt like home I never wanna leave had the best birthday ever Sean c Ireland

Just go, it lives up to its reputation and then some. If you wish to party and have a great time go. Thanks to all the staff especially Morpheus for telling me to go on the walking tour, was one of the best parts of my trip made tons of friends.

Just fantastic fun. Staff is amazing. They organize great events. If you're looking to party in Budapest this is the spot. If you're looking to party but also sleep check out their sister place Carpe Noctem. All the folks from that come party at Retox anyway. Way better to stay at the spot though.

get all up inside the positive vibes, become immersed in the retox vortex. the place, the people, the love are all a beautiful thing.

• 13th Feb 2015

If you're looking for a time with a bunch of well-hearted, iron-livered Australians, Americans and Canadians (the staff at least) to drink the night away and sleep the day away, this place is the place for you. I came here for just one night at the end of my Budapest adventure, and sadly I couldn't stay longer. If and when I can I will be back without hesitation...

awesome party atmosphere for anyone looking to come to Budapest for the nightlife and overall experience.

• 6th Feb 2015