Retox Party Hostel Reviews

O utca 41, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

This was the best hostel I've stayed in so far. If you love to party this is the place for you. All the staff are so friendly and welcoming, it feels like you are a family by the time you leave.

• 26th May 2014

Best time. 5 star!!!

• 25th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Amazing stay, can't wait until I can go back! Best hostel ever, amazing staff (Puddles mainly), great knowledge of the city, and can show anyone how to have a good time!

"Does what it says on the tin" If you can drink,party, have a laugh and go nuts. Come to this hostel, Ive travelled and this has to be the most insane place ever! The staff are fantastic they take you out every night and have a lot of time for their customers. P.S I am not sure where you all get your energy from? Candy, Swaino, Lia, Man Saw, Krusty, Candy, Fern, Ducky and the rest of the Retox Party Hostel Crew thanks sooo much! Its been emotional! #Welovebeer! Jason H

Best. Hostel. Ever. Traveling alone can often be an unpredictable game, but when I came to stay at Retox it was like I'd known everyone who was staying there and the staff for years! Everyone was so friendly and up for having a good time every night & during the days. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer, this place is amazing! See you again sometime soooon you crazy people! By the way if you want a quiet, boring place to stay don't bother coming here!

• New Zealand

Definitely what it sounds like, if your young, adventurous, love to party everyday of the week, this is the place for you. Their warnings are fair when you arrive, the main one being you might not get the sleep u want, we personally were woken up by an Australian guy in a full body pikachu costume with shots of vodka a couple mornings... If your the kind of person that would say ok to that get ready for the time of your life. Personally, this hostel made Budapest happen forus.Thanks to the guys!

• 24th May 2014

Retox is by far my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in. Every day is a ridiculous party and so much fun. The staff is awesome and so welcoming. Don't stay anywhere else if you're coming to Budapest.

• 24th May 2014

Oh my. Came here for a long weekend and had the craziest time of my life. The crew were amazing, always recommending great stuff to do and leading you out on the wildest nights before springing back up at 8am. To those saying you won't sleep: you will. You'll also get very, very drunk. You may or may not meet a bloke in a Pikachu onesie. Go to Retox, you won't regret it.

Top party, top staff, top place all round. Do yourself a favour and stay there!

Retox is amazingggg/crazy/perfect!! We stayed in the private room which was fantastic! The staff is absolutely incredible, soo soo friendly, they just want you to have a great time. The parties are pretty insane. If you're in Budapest and don't stay here; big mistake ! (However, If you're looking for a quiet spot, this is definitely not for you! )

• 22nd May 2014

One thing is to be a party hostel, as the other's I've been to. Another is to believe that cleanliness and a good place to sleep is something that can be left out in a hostel just in the name of party. One other important point is that when you travel, the concept of partying should not be enclosed in the hostel, not knowing one single bar outside.

I love Retox! If you are looking to party, meet people, and see an amazing city then stay here!! I had an absolute blast! Everyday and night there are amazing activities that you can partake in (free tours, rock climbing, pub crawls, booze cruise, and much more) and the staff is beyond fun and friendly. My only cons: hostel was a bit dirty and smelly (lots of dudes in my room). Also, a couple people got phone chargers stolen from them. Nothing that would stop me from returning. LOVE IT!

Absolutely loved the place! Such a fantastic atmosphere with some of the most eccentric people you will ever meet. They have so much to offer in such an awesome city...I recommend this place 100% GO GO GO -G

• 20th May 2014

Facilities-wise: you get what you pay for. The bathrooms aren't super clean, the lockers don't actually lock, you get kicked out of the kitchen by 8:30, etc. People-wise: amazing! The staff genuinely wants you to have the best time ever. There are activities planned every night and I even got a personalized email thanking me for coming. I met a bunch of like minded people there and had a blast. I would definitely stay there again.

you may never be this free again. the people here are like angles. they gave me a pickachu outfit to wear and im still wearing it. if you want to have the best time of your life come to retox. #fuzzymittencat. I woke up every morning and there were people already drinking. everyone gets along with everyone. i love fern

• 20th May 2014

Party Hostel,Very good location,very good staff,never get bored,very good and organized night events,many solo travelers,the best place to party and meet more people,good prices,perfect city! Cheers

• 17th May 2014
  • Greece

Easily the best hostel i stayed in throughout the duration of my Eurotrip. If you go to Budapest and dont stay at the Retox you are a fool. Shout out to my homies pixie, yogi, crusty, pj, and candie for the good times and hospitality. Your favorite Americans, Chief Queef

• 14th May 2014

Honestly.... Ula and I had the greatest time. The staff is so incrediby awsome and welcoming. Just make sure you never say M-I-N-E. Hahaha. Love you guys always and I hope to visit soon. Love Tanya, AKA Pikachu

• 13th May 2014

Straight off massive thanks to big mates Lex, Ducky, Crusty, yogi, Johnny, Man Saw, Pixie, PJ, Candy, Smike, Simone and the few people in the office whose names escape me. This place is a mad house in the best way possible and if you are looking for a good time in Budapest with fantastic people just lock Retox in. The closest thing that this place has to a flaw is this one guy called Fern, face like a sloth and IQ of a plant ;) Cheers for the awesome time guys, ill be back asap! Lexy lady

THE best hostel I've stayed in! All the staff are awesome. Spent my 21st there and couldn't have asked for a better birthday. Thanks Retox crew!

• 9th May 2014