Retro Moldova Hostel Reviews

str. Cosbuc 3, ap.24, Chisinau, Moldova

Nice, cosy hostel with a good atmosphere. The location was good, around 15 minutes walk from the center. There was no sound-isolation and VERY easy to hear the other guests. We saw bugs a couple of times and the breakfast was quite bad. One of the days the bread was several days old, very dry and with green spots. I think they overpriced the trips pretty much, so if you have time, try to find an alternative.

Difficult to recommend but I did enjoy my stay because I only slept there. Location is hard to find, in an older apt. building. Comfortable bed, cramped room, no lockers, 1 bathroom incl toilet shared by 3 different dorm rooms, bathroom needs repairs & not cleaned well, has mold. Owner spends his time & money on his other hostel. Wifi works, staff are very nice, owner charges a lot for a tour. Suggest you rally others rent your own car to tour the wineries, & other locations (20 euros/day).

This is the best hostel in Chisinau only because this is the only hostel in Chisinau. One bathroom for ~15 people and extremely small "common area" will feel you like at home. Since early morning, lady working at hostel was cleaning first bathroom making us queuing for half an hour and then kitchen making us move from one corner to another during breakfast (seriously, everybody was annoyed like hell! couldn't you do that after check-out time?!). Otherwise, location and stuff and nice.

A cute and comfy hostel in a great location. The internet was very speedy and allowed me to make many calls back to the US with no problems. I would really like to return to Moldova, and when I do, I will stay here. Also, the coffee at breakfast was delicious!

staff at reception is irresponsible. We bboked city tour for 11 am, at 8-45 she said that 9 is OK, we said no because we had to take breakfast, then she said that it is only possible at 1 PM, we agreed. No body turnedup til 1-00. I requested reception staff to phone, but she did it after 15 minutes, was doing nothing. she said it will be here in 10 minutes, again at 1-30 I requested to remind, she said I am NOT responsible. No body turnedup! Kiran OZA Bhavnagar INDIA

Overall, the hostel is nice decorated. The staff are friendly and customer high orientation. However, the location is abit difficult to find because it located in the same building of residential flats. But, I have enjoyed my stay at the hostel because the atmosphere is excellent.

Retro is a home away from home type of hostel. I personally found it very easy and enjoyed having all Kisinev around me. It is located in a very quite environment just in the city center, and provided the break I needed for so long. Thank you Olga and Victor for the nice chats about Moldova and Transnistria in the evenings :)