Retro Moldova Hostel Reviews

str. Cosbuc 3, ap.24, Chisinau, Moldova

We had a very nice stay. In your hostel thank you very much

• 8th Aug 2015

The staff were all very welcoming and accommodating - simple breakfast is offered in the mornings (toast/jam and coffee, but what else do you need really) and they were more than happy to answer any questions or requests that I had. I was the only guest when I stayed, so I cannot comment on what the hostel is like when it is full. I would certainly return to this hostel, though!

• 2nd Aug 2015

This property literally didn't exist. We went to the address on the hostel world website and it was just an old apartment building. We repeatedly tried to call the number, as did our taxi driver, but no one picked up. Luckily there was a nice, cheap hotel nearby but either all of the wrong contact information was in the profile or this place doesn't exist.

Staff was extremly helpful and location is great. I really enjoyed this experience

Every stuff was kind,nice.But one stuff did not know about local information so much.

The challenge is to find the place. Small notices spray painted onto walls of soviet era blocks lead you to a flat. The welcome is good and it gives you a far better introduction to the place than you would get if you used a hotel.

The hostel took a bit of time to find but it is located in a quiet area very close to the city centre and a few shops and restaurants. The staff were fine and the hostel was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower was good too. The hostel has lockers but they are quite small, so they can fit only the essential things in them. There is a small kitchen and nice relaxation area. All in all a good place to stay if you are in Chisinau.