Retro Moldova Hostel Reviews

str. Cosbuc 3, ap.24, Chisinau, Moldova

A great little place in central Chisinau with friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately there's only one bathroom which can cause trouble in the morning when people are showering. It's very good value for money though.

Spent 12 days there, I can only say good things about it.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Bad location. If it hadnt been for that Romanin guy I met on the bus to Chisinau, I wouldnt have found it. No signs. The neighborhood gets pretty dark at night, I had to use the flash light of my phone. Frankly, it was scarry, especially for girls. They want you to pay extra 50 lei for early checking. That wasnt nice. No other hostel demands it. It is an old russian house with only one toilet inside bahtroom. Four pictures of Lenin were on the wall of my room. All in all, dont go there.

Excellent hostel experience. The hostel is a huge building, not far from the old town. The dorm rooms are big with high ceilings. There is a big kitchen with gas stove and clean bathrooms. There is a large common room and a garden outside. The staff, especially Ramona, is friendly and helpful. FRee bottled drink every night you stay.

I loved this hostel! It's actually a cute and big apartment with terrace on the ground floor. Atmosphere is friendly, stay is very friendly too. Very nice company, good talks. I also noticed that, instead of most hostels, beds are already fully ready. You don't need to prepare them before sleeping. If you're looking for a hostel in Chisinau, now you know where to go. You won't regret it! :-D

We had a great stay at the Retro Moldova Hostel. Very nice employees, also very helpful and with perfect english. They also offer day tours with guide to see some of the monasteries, winery, etc. Highly recommended!

Nice, cosy hostel with a good atmosphere. The location was good, around 15 minutes walk from the center. There was no sound-isolation and VERY easy to hear the other guests. We saw bugs a couple of times and the breakfast was quite bad. One of the days the bread was several days old, very dry and with green spots. I think they overpriced the trips pretty much, so if you have time, try to find an alternative.