Retro Youth Hostel Reviews

Potaissa street 13, Cluj Napoca, Romania

The hostel is located in a strategic position and the staff is very fiendly and polite. They give us very usefull information about the city and most of all about the transport!

Nice hostel especially the downstairs area is very cool!

the sanitary arrangements were very poor. the shower was flooded and the toilet seat was broken. it was not a pleasure to visit the bathroom.

Pretty decent hostel. Close to what you want to see, although a little bit far from buses. Staff are friendly if a bit impersonal, but were definitely down to answer any questions you had. There's a kitchen and commons room but both are awkwardly located so its less social than other hostels I've stayed in. Its possible to walk in and go to the rooms without being seen by reception so make sure you keep your stuff locked up (they seemed a little short on lockers).

A really really good place to stay! Even without other guests, we quickly made friends with the receptionist who was lovely and made us feel right at home warming us up with fresh made coffee! (she was wonderful - thanks!) All the staff we met were just great, easy to chat to and happy to give insider information on the town and even chase down a cab for us! Highly recommend booking a tour through these guys, was an amazing day - great breakfast; you get treated like royalty! Highly recommend

I felt there like at home sleeping in the 6 bed dormitory. I will recommend this hostel to every friend.

good hostel, friendly staff, very helpful, could rent a good car for good price, nice breakfast, very flexible. Only point is that if you stay in the dorm with 9 beds people walk by that have to go to another room. Facilities and everything were good but I couldn't sleep well all three nights I was there, that is the only thing. But yeah, what do you expect when you are in a room with 9 other people. Good for if you want to have fun. Dont stay in big rooms if you've got pans early in morning

• 3rd Nov 2013

Great Hostel with loads of character, fantastic staff & an awesome atmosphere.Would recommend to all & I'm sure I shall return at some point.

congratulations for everybody but one in special to Adrian a very polite guy

• 23rd Oct 2013