Retrometro Backpackers Reviews

2-19-1 Nishiasakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

A sanctuary of peace and quiet in the middle of the Tokyo metropolis.

Good hostel. Very helpful staff.

• 8th Apr 2014

We stay for four night, nice place near from asakusa area, there is a supermarket near from the subway exit at the same way when walk to hotel, nice staff thank to Nae and Ogu for the hospality - cheers

Small hostel close to the Senso Ji temple and a lot other tourist attractions, close to thesubway as well. Hostel is quiet, good to relax, not really to party. Staff is very helpfull and interessted in your stories, feels like you have roommates because the staff introduces you to other guests, bed is the best I had during my stay in Japan (2 months!). So if you're looking for a hostel that feels like a home and relax then this is the hostel you should book in Tokyo!

A sanctuary of peace and quiet in the middle of the Tokyo metropolis.

This hostel is very close to Asakusa and Tokyo skytree just 10-15 minutes to walk. And you can find A big Donki ( department store) and Seiyu (supermarket) to shopping. Just 2 stop from Ueno park by metro.

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

A bit cold upstairs when I stayed (winter), the heater was too weak to cover the whole domitory for girls .

lovey spot, and lovely staff! Nice quiet japanese guests, meant that i got decent sleep! woohoo!

Really lovely, helpful staff. Clean, quiet, and safe. Good facilities. Would totally stay again without a second thought.

• 31st Jan 2014

Lovely little haven in Tokyo, with wonderful staff. It's a great place to meet people as the staff introduce people and I met several Japanese travellers while I was there. I went back to stay there again at the end of my stay in Japan. Importantly for me (6ft 5in, 196cm tall) the beds were big enough and very comfy. Thanks Nae, Ogu and Wataru!

The hostel IS quiet! If you want to party this shouldn´t be your first choice. However it´s a really sweet, clean and stylish hostel in Tokyos more traditional area. But it´s not that far from anything, like if you want to go to Akihabara you have to use the subway for like two stations.

Great stay. The staff their were really friendly and always keen to chat.

This is a little and cozy hostel in Asakusa, a couple minutes walking from the main sightseeing area. Staff is friendly and helpful, and the common area is a great place to meet and chat with both fellow travelers and local people. I really enjoyed my stay there!

good nice and new place. not much space for backpacks, but usual for japan. no ques for toilette/shower, even there were just 2... nice host and staff.

EXCELLENT

Nice place, friendly staff, convenient location, good neighbourhood (Asakusa). They don't have lockers, but they do have bike locks to secure your bags, plus small safety deposit boxes at the front. Only concern is lack of central heating, but most of Japan is like this except Hokkaido. Recommend staying at this hostel.

overall is very good,will be back again for sure

This hostel is small but cosy. The common area is a great place to meet up with the rest of the guests, both international & Japanese guests. The owner is a very nice lady who will introduced the guest to each other, so that we can 'break the ice' much easier. I love my stay here. The only thing I'm not very pleased is there is no warm water (icy cold from the cold weather) for the basin upstairs to wash my face, but it's fine as the heater for the basin in the kitchen is on. Worth staying.