Retrometro Backpackers Reviews

2-19-1 Nishiasakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I liked the wooden interior and decor. Beds, although bunked beds, where really spacious and comfy. The living room / common room with all the cushions and material to read invites to stay and relax. Overall the hostel is clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. I tried my first Japanese Breakfast there -mmhh Miso Soup- for just 300 Yen!

it was a really cute and cozy place. the description on how to get there from the airport is spot on - use the correct subway exit, count the crosswalks and turn left at the kebab stand... the staff was really really helpful. next time I'm in Tokyo, I'll definitely stay there again!

• 7th Jun 2014

I am now in Canada and missing the high standards (thanks for playing Hi-Standard by the way) of Japanese hostels. This one is a cozy little hostel in a good location with friendly staff and a nice vibe.

One of my favorite hostels so far! The staff is great and super friendly, the place is cozy and comfortable, and in a great quiet location close by a few train stations and major tourist attractions. I loved the way the rooms were set up, beding was comfortable, rooms were a nice size, and a bathroom upstairs near each dorm room. A toilet and 2 showers were just downstairs. 300 Yen breakfast was yummy and well worth it. I will be back again!

I enjoyed my stay, keeper is very nice, atmosphere was friendly (many young backpackers), and the hostel is located 15 walk from Asakusa. For those who prefer night life, I would not recommend this hostel due to its location (45 min subway from Shibuya, Shinjuku...)

This is the first hostel I have ever stayed in and very much enjoyed it. Very relaxed atmosphere (not a party place) with helpful recommendations from the staff. Great location with easy tube access and places to eat, but still quiet and chilled out. Beds were comfy and plenty of privacy thanks to curtains around the bunks. Lots of different nationalities but not all English speakers so not always able to meet people - or maybe I just need to learn some more languages! Would stay again :)

Great place to stop in tokyo, staff was very friendly and helpful. Thanks

• 10th May 2014

Serene wooden house in the city

• 5th May 2014
  • Japan

This hostel is okay. I met two of the staff one of them was lovely the other wasn't that nice really. We turned up to drop our bags and she acted like this was so inconvenient which wasn't a problem at the other hostels we stayed at. She seemed the same with other people as well. The lockers are tiny and there isn't much space to put your things. I didn't spend much time here apart from sleeping so can't comment on what the atmosphere is, but it seemed quite relaxing, I'll give it that.

Retrometro is an ideal place to stay for a visit to toyko, close to metro line and shops. Beds were comfy and facilities were clean and tidy :)

Retrometro Backpackers were amazing. It is such a lovely and cozy and warm space - so friendly. The staff are fantastic, the facilities are great - you'll love it there, great value for money as well and the location is superb.

Great wee place with friendly staff who often introduce you to other travellers. Beds are comfortable, a good size and everything is really clean. Location is great and everything is easily accessed. Would definitely recommend!

A sanctuary of peace and quiet in the middle of the Tokyo metropolis.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is perfect: close to the subway station, the public bath and have lots of restaurants around. Atmosphere was good we just felt like home. Will definitely stay again.

Good hostel. Very helpful staff.

• 8th Apr 2014

We stay for four night, nice place near from asakusa area, there is a supermarket near from the subway exit at the same way when walk to hotel, nice staff thank to Nae and Ogu for the hospality - cheers

Small hostel close to the Senso Ji temple and a lot other tourist attractions, close to thesubway as well. Hostel is quiet, good to relax, not really to party. Staff is very helpfull and interessted in your stories, feels like you have roommates because the staff introduces you to other guests, bed is the best I had during my stay in Japan (2 months!). So if you're looking for a hostel that feels like a home and relax then this is the hostel you should book in Tokyo!

A sanctuary of peace and quiet in the middle of the Tokyo metropolis.

This hostel is very close to Asakusa and Tokyo skytree just 10-15 minutes to walk. And you can find A big Donki ( department store) and Seiyu (supermarket) to shopping. Just 2 stop from Ueno park by metro.

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

A bit cold upstairs when I stayed (winter), the heater was too weak to cover the whole domitory for girls .