Retrometro Backpackers Reviews

2-19-1 Nishiasakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Retro metro is awesome!!! Super clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Overall a comfortable place to stay. I would highly recommend it!

Really nice small guesthouse with great character. The location in a small side street was really neat... It was a cool little street. The guesthouse itself is quite small but has everything you need and a friendly vibe. Lots of Japanese and Korean guests so I didn't have many big English conversations but that suited me fine. The bunks were really comfortable and had a curtain for privacy = great! Would definitely recommend this to a 30+ traveller who is there for culture rather than party.

cute little hostel, tucked away in the narrow streets of asakusa. a bit hard to find without gps, but that is tokyo for you. close to uneo park and everything in asakusa too. staff were really chilled and friendly. very small hostel, but this is why it is so charming. seemed to have lots of Japanese people staying there as well, so good if you want to practice the language, get away from the big western backpacker hostels. best place I've stayed in months.

I really enjoyed my stay at retrometro! The staff was very polite and helpful. They also speak very good English :) would stay again!

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The staff went above and beyond to ensure everyone had an excellent time, the facilities were spotless and the location perfect.

• 27th Jan 2015

Great hostel for backpackers who are traveling alone, clean neat and a chill environment where fellow travellers converge and meet in the cosy first floor. highly recommend this hostel to people who like an ambient low key environment and meet cool new friends!

Nice hostel for sleep one or two nights. Good price, nice beds but the common area is too small. The location is ok,

Great hostel! Would definitely go again. The staff were lovely and it was so clean. Pretty good location, but we found it a little hard to find at first. The common area was super cosy and quiet off the main road. Lots of great food nearby :D

Very cute hostel with a lovely atmosphere. This one was small but had a unique and friendly environment. Made a lot of friends here who I still keep in touch with. Staff are very, very helpful. Was a little small, but the bright atmosphere made up for it. Stay here if you are traveling alone and want to make new friends! Would definitely stay again.

Great place to stay at and meet people. I will definitely consider staying there again

It was old, but a great place, meeting many different travelers. Their common room was just a seating area next to the staff counter, very small and crowded. Very friendly staff.

Friendly backpackers with good dorms in a handy location of Asakusa.

I loved my stay at Retrometro backpackers! It's nice and small and very easy to make new friends as a solo traveler. It's pretty laid back as well, and the staff is very nice!

Clean, safe, with a very friendly staff. I could have gone for a more "party" hostel, but still met lots of nice people from all around the world.

• 6th Oct 2014

The hostel is near to a lot of Tokyo's attractions: 30 minute walk to Sky Tree, and there's a temple somewhere between. But we haven't got the chance to roam around since we went outside Tokyo and it rained on the morning we sort-of planned to roam. The hostel staff were very helpful on which attractions you can actually walk to from the hostel. But I sort of did not like that we have to be barefooted inside the hostel. Some accommodations provided us with "inside only" slippers.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Philippines

This hostel was great. The staff were all adorable and super helpful, I'll miss em. I also met some very special peeps here. Hi-5's all round. I hope to come back gain soon :)