Reykjavik Backpackers Reviews

Laugavegur 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

I slept really really well, even though the hostel is located in the heart of town right above a bar. It was also nice and cosy - a warm place to stay. Met many nice people in the hostel, many other solo travellers.

The hostel is in a very good location, it is clean, and the staff are generally very friendly and willing to help.

• 12th May 2015

Staff not very friendly. Poor value for money. Broken chairs in the kitchen.

Great staff, great happy hour specials and discounts for guests.

I can't honestly think of a BETTER location for a hostel in Reykjavik. The staff was extremely kind and helpful, and the cafe downstairs is great! The kitchen is a little small but never got too cramped, and overall I felt very safe/welcome!!

Pros: Double rooms in the backyard are very quiet :-) Cons: Room had just 2 beds + one chair - no table, no more chairs, not even a wardrobe or at least a hook for wet clothes...

• 3rd Apr 2015

I had a blast staying at Reykjavik Backpackers. The atmosphere was perfect for a holiday weekend in the city. It's a great base location and close to everything. The facilities were just right for what we needed. The bar/lobby was a great place to start an evening out on the town

The location is perfect if you're wanting to be downtown. Food was good. Super awesome that we could store our bags there even before or after we checked out. The staff was super helpful as well.

• 28th Mar 2015

Easy place to stay right in the centre of town

We had a good stay here, staff were efficient if not the friendliest we've ever come across. You can get a breakfast for £5 which is probably one of the cheapest in the city centre. It's useful to be able to cook as well as meals out are so expensive. Really good location and we didn't find it too noisy as night.

• 4th Mar 2015

Had a great stay at this hostel, best location out of all the hostels in the city being on a main street whilst also being cheaper.

The hostel did not reflect the high rating here. The kitchen was very small, only one person could realistically use it at a time, or one tending to the stove-top and one person at the sink. Also during my visit there wasn't a toaster nor kettle available. There were small lockers for rent outside of the rooms, and top sheets and a duvet were also an additional fee. Accounting for these costs, there were much better and cheaper options available very nearby in Reykjavik.

Me and my friend stayed in one of the private twin rooms. We loved it, we had our own balcony and the room and beds were fresh. We loved that the private rooms were in a small cozy building outside of the hostel so you got privacy. The location is Amazing!! Would recommend this hostel.

This place is a stylish place in the middle of the city - Right on the high street. The rooms are clean, stylish and modern and all facilities were tidy. I checked in late and instructions were very clear for late arrivals, except that we see unable to purchase any bedding so I had to use my coat as a blanket. Staff were so helpful in the morning, allowing me to leave my bags at the hostel whilst I went to collect my boyfriend, and also providing excellent city information

Excellent stay, great room - only small thing was the front door of the separate house would not shut. Obviously down to the weather causing the wood warping so not sure how easy to fix but nice if possible. Private rooms still great value for money, large, and the only 'hostel' room that I've ever had to have it's own balcony :) definitely stay again when we return

• 30th Dec 2014

Great central location and a good pub downstairs, but the staff looked annoyed the whole time we were there, it was only after we left the hostel we realised how friendly Icelandic people are! The kitchen is tiny and bathrooms hairy!

• 28th Dec 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, good value for money.

• 19th Dec 2014