Reykjavik Backpackers Reviews

Laugavegur 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

Everything in Reykjavik is expensive but here you are paying for the ideal location! The kitchen facilities are lacking but there are plenty of bathrooms and showers and a lounge on every floor. The staff are very friendly!

I had a great time here the staff were friendly, and were genuinely interested in facilitating my having a good time in Iceland. A room above a bar!? How cool is that!?

I stayed in a bedroom with 8 people. The size of the window was ridiculous, thus providing very little oxygen. The door could only be closed when being loudly slammed. I'm not even gonna mention that there is only one lightswitch that makes the whole room go incredibly bright....

staff were great, but some of the cliental were very unpleasant. luckily I was able to change rooms. This soured the experience somewhat. Also, the music is very loud on weekends and Monday so earplugs are required. Several showers broken and look like they have been for some time.

• 14th Jul 2014

The room itself was adequate for a twin share. Access to the balcony/terrace was great but not so great when people sat right outside our room and drank and socialised into the night. The bathroom/shower on our floor - 4th I think- did not work so had to go down a floor to the shower which was not kept clean.

• 29th Jun 2014

Great location right on the main street. Downstairs is a bar/restaurant. If your after a good nights sleep you may want to look elsewhere as the nightlife doesn't kick off till midnight downstairs. All the lights on my floor cut out mid afternoon and no one at the hostel fixed it till the next morning. All the bathroom were pitch black. The kitchen was very basic with no kettle or toaster. I was expecting better as Iceland is expensive and I wanted to save money by cooking a few meals myself.

Iceland is expensive in general, but this hostel is well worth the money spent!

The place was noisy... not that I minded. Wifi was only to be used in the bar and in the 1st floor. Kitchen only for the guests on 4th floor. Other than that, friendly staff, cool bar, very clean (one shower was funny though) and in the very middle of the city. I would choose it again.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Great location. Comfortable beds. Great heating. There was an odd stagnant smell in the showers that was present for the duration of our stay which was very unpleasant. Some of the staff also seemed cranky.

Dear Guest, first of all, thank you for you review. I just wanted to make you sure that our housekeeping team is doing their best and they are cleaning the bathrooms on a daily basis. Sometimes even more often, but it is impossible to clean it after each guest. I hope you enjoyed your stay in Reykjavik Backpackers and wish you happy travels. Michal

A bit of a long time ago, but stayed here in June, 2014. Overall had a good stay, however I have a couple of issues: 1- I had difficulty sleeping one night because the music in the bar area was a bit loud, so the sound travels quite easily. 2- I found the price for the continental breakfast a bit high (understanding being downtown Reykjavik of course), as well as the issue with paying to rent a duvet.

Perfect location, place is very clean, friendly staff.

• 19th Jun 2014

The hostel is located in the main touristic street of Reykjavik. Just 5mins walking from all the pubs, supermarket 1min walking distance. It's situated above a bar that doubles as the lobby, so it's always guaranteed to have people around. Worth the visit.

• 18th Jun 2014