Reykjavik Backpackers Reviews

Laugavegur 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

I had an excellent time at Reykjavik Backpackers. I broke my ankle a couple of weeks before my trip, and they were very helpful in accommodating me. I was also very impressed by how clean the hostel was, especially the bathrooms. It was a very nice place!

You can't find a better location! Its right in the city center on the central street. All shops and bars are right there. But that equals lots of noise from the bars. If you're looking for quiet time this hostel is not for you. But definitely value for money

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Finland

A really fantastic hostel in a great location.

• 8th Mar 2014

Perfect location, staff are fantastic and happy to help with anything. Lots of bathrooms and showers and the kitchen is small but good. Metal bunk beds = very squeaky but hostel provides free ear plugs to help. I would recommend to friends and stay here again. Thanks guys!

I loved the hostel! The staff was very helpful with suggesting what to visit. Also, after making a mistake and putting me in a mixed dorm rather than a female dorm, the staff was very helpful, gave me a discount and offered to put me in a female dorm or a private room when the former wasn't available, at no extra cost. The atmosphere is good, though there is no true "common room" where everyone could meet, only small rooms on every floor and a table by the reception.

• 2nd Mar 2014