8.4
Fabulous 705 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 705 Total Reviews
Reykjavik City Hostel Located at Sundlaugavegur 34, IS-105 Reykjavik, Reykjavik.
Iceland
Reykjavik Sundlaugavegur 34, IS-105 Reykjavik
84% 705
64.1465285 -21.8747234
    Rooms available

• boliviana306107
  • USA, All Female Group, 25-30
20th Jun 2016

Can be kinda expensive but overall nice place

• USA, Female, 25-30
19th Jun 2016
3.1

1. We were delayed on our flight to Reykjavik by an entire day, and when we emailed the hostel about our reservation they said there was nothing they could do. 2. The attendant who checked us in early in the morning was either drunk or high and did not do his job well. 3. The downstairs showers were filthy and disgusting, the water wouldn't drain. 4. Our last day reservation didn't work and our stuff was taken from our room; we weren't notified and were forced to buy an expensive room.

19th Jun 2016

Check in late at midnight but the staff was very friendly and helpful. Facility is sufficient and well kept, clean, tidy. Next by the campsite. (-) The man toilet was stucked.

18th Jun 2016

Great place. The only thing that could really be better is the location. It's a bit far from the main city market street, which is where most of the things to do are. That just means a bit more walking, but nothing major. Aside from that it's a great place. The staff are really helpful and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone.

10th Jun 2016
8.0

The hostel was in a really great location. Easy to walk downtown and a swimming pool next door! It was really clean and well labeled. It was easy to get in and around.

8th Jun 2016

It's about a 30 minute walk from downtown Reykjavik, which I somehow didn't realize when I booked. However, the staff were nice and the room was clean. The showers were quite large and the breakfast is a good deal! The staff helped me immensely, especially when I missed my airport shuttle! I would highly recommend this place!

• USA, Female, 18-24
29th May 2016

Reykjavik City Hostel was great! The staff was fabulous and I couldn't ask for a better location. It definitely helped to make my trip the blast that it was!

• England, Female, 41+
29th May 2016

Excellent, could not fault anything.

27th May 2016
2.9

This is big hostel. 200+ beds and only one person working at a time. There was always a line at the desk. I also threw out my receipt for the key to my locker and they weren't able to give me back my deposit even though I gave them back the key. So if you get a locker, keep the receipt! They also ran out of toilet paper multiple times in the main bathroom. This hostel is far from the city Center which can be a big deal in Iceland. There is a nice garden behind the camp though.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
24th May 2016

We rented a 3 person private room with a connected bathroom. This hostel was very clean, and the staff were nice, friendly, and helpful (as were almost all Icelanders I met). The location was good, but we rented a car and usually drove that a little closer to the main area of Reykjavik to get dinner or walk around after hiking out in the country all day. I would definitely recommend!