8.5
Fabulous 686 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 686 Total Reviews
Reykjavik City Hostel Located at Sundlaugavegur 34, IS-105 Reykjavik, Reykjavik.
Iceland
Reykjavik Sundlaugavegur 34, IS-105 Reykjavik
85% 686
64.1465285 -21.8747234
    Rooms available

21st Apr 2016

The hostel is fairly well located near but not in downtown Reykjavik (we had a car; I can't say how easy it is to reach by public transit). We didn't really interact with any other guests, but the staff were super friendly and helpful, and our two-twin private room was extremely clean and comfortable with an excellent en suite bathroom. I would definitely stay here again.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
13th Apr 2016
4.3

When we arrived the staff told us that no tours would be available, we later found out there was plenty of tours to do. The staff told us the wrong time for our tour pick up, didn't tell us when the bus arrived, but told us that the bus had left 15 mins ago when we were walking through the reception area. Luckily the bus was able to turn around. The location is terrible, there is very little to do and literally no food options. Most people stay a night and move closer to the city.

10th Apr 2016

City Hostel was great! My girlfriend and I got a private shared room. It was a relatively peaceful hostel and the facilities were good! We had a clean ensuite bathroom and three kitchens to choose from when it came to cooking (all cooking pots/pans, plates, etc were there for you to use). There was free wifi, and two common areas you could relax in. The staff were SUPER helpful and kind. Only downfall on this hostel would be the location, it was a 10 minute walk to the city.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Apr 2016

Awesome the staff was so nice and helpful! Best hostel I've stayed at!

• England, Couple, 18-24
30th Mar 2016
7.4

This hostel has a truly great atmosphere! The majority of staff is nice and helpful but lots of school trips stay here. This place is also clean and massive, with lots of common rooms and kitchens so you make your own food. The room was great, however the double bed is actually two singles squished together which makes it quite uncomfortable. Also the location isn't great but you get used to it after a few days. Probably a 45mins walk to the old harbour. Overall one of our favourite hostels.

23rd Mar 2016
7.7

Good place in a decent location (about a 45 minute walk from downtown). The staff was a bit rude and extremely unhelpful, though. Despite the fact that we had booked an all female dorm over a month in advance, they stuck us in a mixed dorm for BOTH of our stays, without any prior notice or communication. When we asked about it and requested a move, they told us that they didn't have any all-female spots available- and offered no discount, refund, or alternative "apology" for the error.

21st Mar 2016

Great place to stay. Convenient and clean. With a very helpful staff. Will definitely stay again on my next trip.

• hungcyszewai1687
  • Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
21st Mar 2016

The location of this hostel is a bit far, it's about 30mins walk from the city centre but I will still recommend you to stay here because the atmosphere here is really great like you can say hi to anyone and they will be more than grateful to talk to you. And the staff here are really nice and friendly.

11th Mar 2016
8.0

A bit too far from city centre when the weather is bad. Would be fine to stay here during the drier months, 30 minute walk to the city centre. I took the bus instead. Room was very clean, staff were generally pleasant and helpful, breakfast was plentiful and had organic, local options. I didn't like that the shower was not enclosed at all, so the rest of the bathroom did get damp when I showered. Wifi cut out quite a bit one of the nights.

7th Mar 2016

The hostel is of a very high standard. Most of all the staff were really helpful and pleasant. My trip was primarily to see the Northern Lights and the advice I got meant that I went with the best tour company who went the extra mile. Therefore I got to see the Aurora rather than being back in the hostel at 12:30 am like other travellers were without seeing the Aurora! It was a really comfortable few days with great facilities including wifi in the room.