Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

Staff was super friendly, everything was clean, the location was great, and I felt very safe there. I would definitely stay again!

Cosy atmosphere and great facilities, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, the staff all excellent. The cleanest and nicest kitchen I have ever seen in any hostel, it is in a seperate building in the back yard and has a spacious dining area, which gives it a feel of a sommer cottage in the coutryside. Lovely all round!

Reykjavik Downtown Hostel is - as the name says - in a perfect location, has a very friendly and helpful staff and doesn't really lack anything – but it's not great either. The atmosphere could definitely be better since there is no real common area to chill or meet people, just something like a lobby. It's considerably small as well which has its advantages and disadvantages.

The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were newly furnished and very nice for a decent price. The only issue was the loudness of the roommates in the dorm room, but there is not much the staff can do about that! My only recommendation is to maybe put up curtains around the bunk beds; I have seen this done in other hostel dorms and it is very effective for allowing the beds to have better privacy and noise deduction. Overall it was a nice stay and I would come again!

• 13th Jun 2015

Nice hostel, great location but not much atmosphere. Rooms are nice and lockers are really big!

• 11th Jun 2015

The hostel exceeded my expectations. Loved the location, close to the harbor and many restaurants. It was right down the road from Laugaveeger with all the bars too. Kitchen area was a little red house behind the hostel which was awesome, had everything we needed and lots of people left behind free food. Facilities were extremely clean and the bed linens/duvet were very comfortable. Felt safe and didn't even feel like I needed to lock up my things in a room of 10. Highly recommend.

• 9th Jun 2015

This has the perfect location! Wifi worked perfectly, beds were comfy. Kitchen facilities nice. Only complaint was the the shower only got cleaned once the 5 days I was there but other than that the place was nice!

Excellent location, one of the quitter hostels, which was nice for a change. Everyone staying were considered of others. Some of the staff was not as responsive/ proactive/ engaged, perhaps more training or experience required. Good breakfast and tidy facilities.

Very friendly staff, and great spot in the center of town.

One of the best stays I've ever had in my life. The room, bed, & bathroom are clean and spacious. The staffs are very friendly and will help you with the tour booking too, they also recommended me some of local good restaurants (Fishmarket and Grillmarket are superb!). I don't like the kitchen area, it's so stuffy and it seems doesn't have air circulation (it smells weird whenever I entered the place). The location is very good in the downtown, near to food and shopping area. Very recommended!

Although it seems expensive, it's in line with the country. Plus you don't have to pay additional for laundry like I realised I would have to in another hostel in Reyk thay I booked. Great staff, really good kitchen facilities and probably the best shower I've had all year!!

Had a great time and the people were very nice - thank-you!

• 25th May 2015

Great hostel! Great location!

• 23rd May 2015

A wonderful hostel!! I really appreciated the fact that there is an entire kitchen for guests to use. Another perk, they make planning any day trips very easy.

Great hostel with a great location, helpful staff and nice rooms. the ladders to the top bunk were a bit tiny though :)

Awesome place! Super helpful staff, great room, comfy beds.

This hostel was awesome! No complaints. Will definitely stay here again when I go back to Reykjavik. The staff was super friendly and gave great recommendations for food/places to go. It is one block away from the beginning of the main street with all the shops and bars on it. Very clean and spacious, great breakfast.

A very clean, safe, and organized hostel. Only a short walk to Reykjavik harbor, and about 10 minutes to get to shops, Hallgrimskirkja, or the Concert Hall. Staff were very friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay there again.

Great hostel if you want to stay near the bustling downtown area but don't want to deal with noise at night. Our private ensuite room was good quality. We booked a double, and it was one of those two-twin-beds-pushed-together setups, which isn't ideal but seems to be the norm in many hostels. Nice bathroom. Great hot showers. Not a super social party hostel, but a great place to stay in general.

What a great stay! I was a bit pensive about staying in the 10-bed mixed dorm but it was fine! Other travellers were quiet and respectful. Our room was cleaned every day. The staff were so helpful, offering lots of great suggestions and booking all of my tours on my behalf. The kitchen was fantastic - I did all my cooking there and saved lots of money eating in. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone - they take excellent care of their guests!

« first « Prev 1 2 3