Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

Great place. Very clean with a friendly and helpful staff. They helped me set up some excellent day trips around Iceland, and I met some very kind fellow travelers. Location is great, as well.

• 29th Jul 2015

Clean, friendly hostel in an awesome location - it's a couple of minutes walk to the main restaurants/shops/bar areas but in a quiet street. The staff are really helpful and the rooms are huge/spacious with individual lockers. Wifi is good. Only downside is the expensive breakfast which is just toasts, cereal, meats, cheese. The cafes on the main street are cheaper and serve full American hot breakfasts and coffee etc for less than the hostel price. Would definitely stay here again.

I loved staying here. the staff was very friendly and the facilities were clean. I arrived at 11 am and they offered to let a friend and I sleep in the guesthouse until our room was ready.

• 20th Jul 2015

Bunk bed are so small, really small. Only one bath room per 16-mix bed dorm. No share bathroom in the hostel.

Many thanks to Augusta who was very kind and friendly to me- outstandng in fact. Unfortunately sharing with 7 people was a recipe for disaster for I got very little sleep due to the continuous coming and going of guests who were rather inconsiderate noise wise so it meant I nearly fell asleep at the wheel leaving town for the north. May I suggest that if any building work is to be done that you separate the toilet from the shower and put both in a corridor so late comers don't create noise.

• 4th Jul 2015

Soooo good. Extra clean, great location, cool hostel, very helpful staff. I have travelled a lot and this was one of the best.

Friendly and helpful staff on check-in. Clean, spacious room. Must say the coffee was terrible!

Very helpful staff who were equally knowledgable about Reykjavik as well outdoor activities in Iceland generally. The hostel feels a little more like a hotel, which suited me but you're unlikely find drinking buddies in the common areas. Location is good not great, but then all of Reykjavik can be walked in 25 minutes so that hardly matters. Will happily stay here again next time and recommend it.

Staff was super friendly, everything was clean, the location was great, and I felt very safe there. I would definitely stay again!

I didn't really meet anyone during my stay, there was lots of old people. (even my roommates for one night) Maybe it was my luck. It is easy to get here from the and to the Airport. The room was big enough and the beds were ok. I got sick one night and had to go to the emergency room. The front desk guy helped me out by calling a taxi and telling him where to take me, even when this was at 1 am. I didn't really eat breakfast there just coffee. The kitchen is big though.

Cosy atmosphere and great facilities, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, the staff all excellent. The cleanest and nicest kitchen I have ever seen in any hostel, it is in a seperate building in the back yard and has a spacious dining area, which gives it a feel of a sommer cottage in the coutryside. Lovely all round!

Reykjavik Downtown Hostel is - as the name says - in a perfect location, has a very friendly and helpful staff and doesn't really lack anything – but it's not great either. The atmosphere could definitely be better since there is no real common area to chill or meet people, just something like a lobby. It's considerably small as well which has its advantages and disadvantages.

The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were newly furnished and very nice for a decent price. The only issue was the loudness of the roommates in the dorm room, but there is not much the staff can do about that! My only recommendation is to maybe put up curtains around the bunk beds; I have seen this done in other hostel dorms and it is very effective for allowing the beds to have better privacy and noise deduction. Overall it was a nice stay and I would come again!

• 13th Jun 2015

Nice hostel, great location but not much atmosphere. Rooms are nice and lockers are really big!

• 11th Jun 2015

The hostel exceeded my expectations. Loved the location, close to the harbor and many restaurants. It was right down the road from Laugaveeger with all the bars too. Kitchen area was a little red house behind the hostel which was awesome, had everything we needed and lots of people left behind free food. Facilities were extremely clean and the bed linens/duvet were very comfortable. Felt safe and didn't even feel like I needed to lock up my things in a room of 10. Highly recommend.

• 9th Jun 2015

This has the perfect location! Wifi worked perfectly, beds were comfy. Kitchen facilities nice. Only complaint was the the shower only got cleaned once the 5 days I was there but other than that the place was nice!

Excellent location, one of the quitter hostels, which was nice for a change. Everyone staying were considered of others. Some of the staff was not as responsive/ proactive/ engaged, perhaps more training or experience required. Good breakfast and tidy facilities.

Very friendly staff, and great spot in the center of town.

One of the best stays I've ever had in my life. The room, bed, & bathroom are clean and spacious. The staffs are very friendly and will help you with the tour booking too, they also recommended me some of local good restaurants (Fishmarket and Grillmarket are superb!). I don't like the kitchen area, it's so stuffy and it seems doesn't have air circulation (it smells weird whenever I entered the place). The location is very good in the downtown, near to food and shopping area. Very recommended!

Although it seems expensive, it's in line with the country. Plus you don't have to pay additional for laundry like I realised I would have to in another hostel in Reyk thay I booked. Great staff, really good kitchen facilities and probably the best shower I've had all year!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3