Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

Great hostel - super helpful staff, who are attentive and knowledgable. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

Well value for money for iceland is good as it is an expensive country , breakfast is good and filling , good tours information given.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Clean rooms and a great staff. Helpful with mapping out your trip and making sure you have a great time. A 2 minute walk from downtown with access to all of the cities best restaurants and shops. Would recommend this hostel for anyone travelling alone. Very affordable.

I absolutely loved staying at Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. My partner and I rented a private double room, which, for the price, was a wonderful value. Clean, comfortable bedding, fantastic location, and nice decor for a hostel. I did a lot of research before booking, and was very, very glad with the choice. I can't speak to the dorms, but the common areas are also very nice. We found it quiet and very comfortable. Oh, and the staff were wonderful.

The staff here are excellent. They were always more than happy to help book tours and transfers and always go above and beyond. The hostel was a bit quiet as it seems they host a lot of school trips. The location was awesome and very close to the main square so you can walk everywhere.

Nice Hostel very close to city center, clean and cozy. Recomended.

Great location in city center near everything walking distance.

We really enjoyed out trip. This was our first stay in a Hostel, and it exceeded our expectations!

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This place received excellent reviews, and I can understand why. The staff are incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. I would recommend this hostel to a friend in a heartbeat.

• 23rd Sep 2014

A good stay in a private room in a central location. My only issue was the fact that the door from the rooms to the stairs in the block I was staying was impossible to shut quietly from the outside (fixed door handle) and so I was woken up by a series of loud door slams in the morning.

I had a great week at Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful. The atmosphere was cosy and amenable. Every evening I felt comfortable and welcome to sit in the ambient reception area with my laptop and work. Thank you to all for making my stay so enjoyable. Tracey

• 14th Sep 2014

The room is enough space, clean, the kitchen is useful. There is a washing machine and dryer which was good condition but it costs 1000ISK expensive! The staff is very kind and helpful with smile I was impressed. Very cozy hostel I think I will be back again!

From the staff to the rooms we were very pleased with this hostel. We booked all of our tours via reception and there was no problem on any occasion.

Great hostel, perfect location, friendly and helpful staff. I'll be staying here again when I return!

It was nice and friendly there

Great location, but the atmosphere could be better.

Thank you for our stay in Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. We enjoyed it a lot! We highly can recommend it!

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel was brilliant but to be a hostel,i reckon very expensive,since our room wasn't made and breakfast doesn't come included.Iceland should change prices if they want more customers.

A good hostel, professionally run. In touristy part of town.

• 11th Aug 2014

Right downtown, yet incredibly quiet for a fantastic nights' sleep! Helpful and knowledgable staff, with great coffee and breakfast - highly recommend this place!!