Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

A good stay in a private room in a central location. My only issue was the fact that the door from the rooms to the stairs in the block I was staying was impossible to shut quietly from the outside (fixed door handle) and so I was woken up by a series of loud door slams in the morning.

I had a great week at Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful. The atmosphere was cosy and amenable. Every evening I felt comfortable and welcome to sit in the ambient reception area with my laptop and work. Thank you to all for making my stay so enjoyable. Tracey

• 14th Sep 2014

The room is enough space, clean, the kitchen is useful. There is a washing machine and dryer which was good condition but it costs 1000ISK expensive! The staff is very kind and helpful with smile I was impressed. Very cozy hostel I think I will be back again!

From the staff to the rooms we were very pleased with this hostel. We booked all of our tours via reception and there was no problem on any occasion.

Great hostel, perfect location, friendly and helpful staff. I'll be staying here again when I return!

It was nice and friendly there

Great location, but the atmosphere could be better.

Thank you for our stay in Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. We enjoyed it a lot! We highly can recommend it!

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel was brilliant but to be a hostel,i reckon very expensive,since our room wasn't made and breakfast doesn't come included.Iceland should change prices if they want more customers.

A good hostel, professionally run. In touristy part of town.

• 11th Aug 2014

Right downtown, yet incredibly quiet for a fantastic nights' sleep! Helpful and knowledgable staff, with great coffee and breakfast - highly recommend this place!!

Just an impressive hostel with great service, eco-friendly rooms and nice people!

Everything was excelent!!!

• 22nd Jul 2014

very clean, calm, welcoming

• 15th Jul 2014

Great place to stay and very helpful staff. Only a pity that it is so expensive to stay in Reykjavik.

• 11th Jul 2014

Great location, close to the harbour and the key shopping streets. The staff were super friendly and helpful, particularly when it came to booking tours or transport. The dorms were a little more traditional, but i appreciated the large lockers for storing stuff and they were kept very clean. I would stay here again.

Had a pleasant stay and the service was very good.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The staff are fantastic, so helpful and kind!

This hostel was a great choice for me. It was located in a good spot, walking distance to everything. Staff was always around, and were friendly and helpful when approached with questions. The 10 person dorm room was clean and mostly quiet. Bathroom was clean, wifi access was good. Overall a positive stay!

• 30th Jun 2014

Very clean tidy hostel and very secure. Not much atmosphere unfortunately but overall really good and the staff are friendly