Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

Great hostel with a great location, helpful staff and nice rooms. the ladders to the top bunk were a bit tiny though :)

Awesome place! Super helpful staff, great room, comfy beds.

A very clean, safe, and organized hostel. Only a short walk to Reykjavik harbor, and about 10 minutes to get to shops, Hallgrimskirkja, or the Concert Hall. Staff were very friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay there again.

What a great stay! I was a bit pensive about staying in the 10-bed mixed dorm but it was fine! Other travellers were quiet and respectful. Our room was cleaned every day. The staff were so helpful, offering lots of great suggestions and booking all of my tours on my behalf. The kitchen was fantastic - I did all my cooking there and saved lots of money eating in. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone - they take excellent care of their guests!

The staff was amazing. Each person working there was so helpful and friendly. It was a great start to my vacation.

A really nice hostel in downtown Reykjavik. My girlfriend lived our stay and the staff was very helpful in calling busses and taxis when needed. Plus the airport shuttle picks up and drops off at the door, making it very convienent to get in and out of. Recommend to anyone.

Great hostel, very clean and top quality rooms. We enjoyed our trip very much and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. They will book any trip you want and offer great advice. I would highly recommend the Golden Circle trip... it really made our trip! Thank you for a wonderful holiday!!!

Excellent place to stay. Really nice location on a side street near the city centre. Gorgeous healthy breakfast. Twin room was amazing with en suite. Really clean, quiet hostel. I'd definitely stay here again.

We loved our stay at this hostel - it was more than we expected and some! The location is perfect and the comfortable facilities (the dorm with it's comfortable beds and subtle lighting) and the kitchen (which was well stocked and had a perfect system for storing and sharing surplus food) particularly were beyond our expectations. Thank you

• 25th Mar 2015

best place in Iceland to stay!

• 22nd Mar 2015

we enjoyed our stay, the room was clean and everything was in a good condition. we were able to check in late after we gone away to another part of the country for a couple of days which facilitated how we organized the activities we needed to do. helpful staff can assist in booking on to tours and ordering take away.

Had a great time. Friendly and helpful staff

Great hostel, very good location. Rooms nice and spacious and nice bathrooms. Nice café area in the reception. Good wifi too

I loved this hostel! I tried to book it again when I came back to Reykjavik but it was full.

• 10th Mar 2015

We are a female couple in a private ensuite room for 4 nights (which became 3 nights after flight delays due to bad weather). The hostel staff were excellent in not charging us for the night we were delayed, helping us book cheap transport options to the airport and keeping us up-to date with info when our return flight was affected by the storm. The room was super clean, spacious and bright, easy to heat/cool and had wifi. 3 min walk from the square and start of main high st. Coffee was good!

• 10th Mar 2015

You guys are absolutely amazing!! My stay in Iceland would not have been nearly as unforgettable if I didn't have such a wonderful place to go back to every day. Thank you for being so helpful with recommendations and for booking tours. It made this experience so wonderful. I plan on returning to Iceland very often In the future and will definitely be staying here again. Takk :)

• 7th Mar 2015

Great location, extremely helpful staff and comfy beds. Highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Reykjavik

Clean comfy beds and very helpful staff , recommended so many local places to go to which was great. The kitchen is the best part, a great system to sign your own food and enough utensils to cook cheaper meals ( you will need that in iceland), at the same time a lot of free food that was great. Bathrooms were nice and clean too. Stayed in 10 bed female dorm. Luggage storage available.

Great place to stay, perfect location, great staff, nice relaxed atmosphere, rooms very clean, perfect base in Reykjavik!

Amazing place, would happily stay there again. Helpful, friendly staff who are very knowledgable. Very clean rooms, excellent breakfast and cafe facilities for drinks.

• 18th Feb 2015