Reykjavik Downtown Hostel

Superb 812 Total Reviews
Superb 812 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 31-40
21st Feb 2017

Overall, the hostel was very welcoming and clean. I stayed at 4 bedroom mixed dorm. I must say the showers were amazing, very hot water and strong water pressure. I didn't take the breakfast but they had simple continental breakfast. The dining area is small nit many tables but it is cozy place near the harbour. Near hostel there is a really nice soup and grill place. I highly recommend the place.

17th Feb 2017

I appreciated the cleanliness & quiet I experienced. Excellent, helpful staff.

15th Feb 2017

Very pleasant place, not far away from main attractions in a really quiet area.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Extremely clean and great hostel in perfect location. Can't thank the staff enough for all their help and suggestions! Would defiantly stay here again!!!!

We would love to have you back too, Greeting - Thomas, Reception Manager.

1st Feb 2017

Staff was super friendly and helpful with tips on tours and navigating the city. The location was a little further from the main strip of cafes and shops, but still an easy, safe walk. I stayed in a 10 bed room. I only had to wait for the suite's bathroom once. The room had personal lockers for suitcases, as well as labelled cubbies and hooks near the bathroom. I didn't worry about security. I didn't use the kitchen, but it was well organized. The main common room was small.

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
30th Jan 2017

I absolutely loved staying at Downtown Hostel in Reykjavik. I actually cannot fault the hostel. It was extremely clean and very warm (the bedroom and the foyer), the kitchen facilities were great The bathroom was big as was the shower. The shower had lots of space, the water was piping hot with great pressure. The staff were really friendly and very helpful. Only drawback was the pillows - they were very flimsy and I only got one for a double bed! Well worth staying in, i'd defo recommend it!

• England, Male, 41+
27th Jan 2017

The staff were friendly and obliging, the room was clean and the location was spot on. For a budget break I do not think I could do better.

24th Jan 2017
5.4

- Highly recommend Kex which has a better location, better staff, more common space - Unfriendly and brusque staff - Quiet time is NOT enforced; people were talking loudly till midnight - Not enough common space (only one kitchen, one common area, etc)

We are really sorry for your negative experience with us. I will personally contact you at your email to follow up and find out what went wrong with your stay, and using your comments improve our services. All the best, Thomas - Reception Manager

24th Jan 2017

I really liked staying at this hostel. The location is fantastic, a lovely walk through great shopping to get to all the major attractions to see in Reykjavik. All the major tour companies as well as the Flybus pick up and drop off right in front. I got in really early and they let me drop my bag off before check in. I stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm which was very clean. Drawback was only one shower/bath per 10 people-can get crowded. But not a deal breaker. Will definitely stay again.

Thanks for staying with us and hope to welcome you in your hostel in the future. Greetings, Thomas - Reception Manager

19th Jan 2017

It's fine.l will prefer this hostel again.