Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

The room is enough space, clean, the kitchen is useful. There is a washing machine and dryer which was good condition but it costs 1000ISK expensive! The staff is very kind and helpful with smile I was impressed. Very cozy hostel I think I will be back again!

The hostel location is great! Tons of places nearby for dining, pubs, grocery and shops. The staff was not particularly helpful with us, so I gave a lower rating on that portion. The lockers were small, but big enough to fit electronics seperate of the luggage. Great room, loved the seperate handicap washroom with shower and seat. Was great since I had a broken foot while staying there. The main dining/bar area was loud on the saturday evening, but not too loud that we couldnt sleep (2 flr)

From the staff to the rooms we were very pleased with this hostel. We booked all of our tours via reception and there was no problem on any occasion.

Great hostel, perfect location, friendly and helpful staff. I'll be staying here again when I return!

It was nice and friendly there

Great location, but the atmosphere could be better.

Thank you for our stay in Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. We enjoyed it a lot! We highly can recommend it!

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel was brilliant but to be a hostel,i reckon very expensive,since our room wasn't made and breakfast doesn't come included.Iceland should change prices if they want more customers.

A good hostel, professionally run. In touristy part of town.

• 11th Aug 2014

Right downtown, yet incredibly quiet for a fantastic nights' sleep! Helpful and knowledgable staff, with great coffee and breakfast - highly recommend this place!!

• 9th Aug 2014

Just an impressive hostel with great service, eco-friendly rooms and nice people!

Everything was excelent!!!

• 22nd Jul 2014

very clean, calm, welcoming

• 15th Jul 2014

Great place to stay and very helpful staff. Only a pity that it is so expensive to stay in Reykjavik.

• 11th Jul 2014

Great location, close to the harbour and the key shopping streets. The staff were super friendly and helpful, particularly when it came to booking tours or transport. The dorms were a little more traditional, but i appreciated the large lockers for storing stuff and they were kept very clean. I would stay here again.

Had a pleasant stay and the service was very good.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The staff are fantastic, so helpful and kind!

This hostel was a great choice for me. It was located in a good spot, walking distance to everything. Staff was always around, and were friendly and helpful when approached with questions. The 10 person dorm room was clean and mostly quiet. Bathroom was clean, wifi access was good. Overall a positive stay!

• 30th Jun 2014

Very clean tidy hostel and very secure. Not much atmosphere unfortunately but overall really good and the staff are friendly

My friend and I stayed 2 nights in one of their mixed dorm-style rooms. Everything was clean, they have very friendly people working at the desk, and a coffee bar in the lobby. Free wifi was also a plus! The only downside was that the room (which held 10 beds) only had one bathroom (toilet + shower), which only one person could use at a time, so in high traffic times, it was a bit difficult to get going. Overall, it was a great stay and the hostel is located just 2 blocks from the city square.