Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

This was a very clean and friendly place to stay. It was very a quiet atmosphere in the communal area, which could have been because of the time of year, which was great for when you just wanted to read and have a coffee in a peaceful and relaxed environment. If we wanted to talk and go to a place with a bit of a chirpier atmosphere it's only a short walk to the bars and other hostels. Very good bathroom facilities and warm bedrooms. Staff are more than happy to give advice on what to do.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A great hostel. You may say that Icelandic Hostels are expensive. That's true, but this place is nothing like a hostel you may find in major cities in Europe or America, it's extremely clean, tidy, has super helpful staff and a great atmosphere.

This is by far the nicest hostel I have ever been in BY FAR, although it is probably the most expensive also, but that's what you get in the Nordic countries I guess. Anyways, this hostel honestly felt like a hotel. It was amazing. It was safe and had lockers and the ensuite was so nice and everything was always clean and welcoming. I met some really nice girls in my room. I never had the breakfast but it looked good and is cheap (for iceland). This is the best hostel experience I have ever had

Amazing hostel, rooms were large, staff were soooo friendly and helpful! Great location close to downtown. Communal sitting areas were limited but separate kitchen to cook in. Breakfast available for a cost. Overall just awesome!

great place. They have a green vibe going on. lockers are in the rooms. The lockers aren't huge, but big know to hold valuables and bags, maybe a hiking bag if you squeezed it in. Good quality WiFi; decent speed and reliable. Helpful staff. Great place for the price.

• 9th Jan 2015

I had a really enjoyable stay, made even more so by the incredibly helpful staff. Room was large and clean, and the location is not far from the main shopping street. The only thing I would say is there wasn't much of an atmosphere and I never saw anyone in the bar area, so not the best choice if you're looking for a party hotel!

I had a fantastic experience at Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. The staff was so helpful and nice. They even watched all of our luggage free of charge for the day after we had to check out due to having a late flight time. I would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Kristina and one other lady behind reception were really helpful, helping us to arrange our trip - which was amazing!

room wifi is bit unstable but lobby wifi is strong. full kitchen, helpful staff, all tours pick up and drop off at hostel. 2 minutes to harbour, 10 minutes to main street.

We had a lovely few nights here. Staff were so friendly and helpful, rooms were simple, clean and warm. Refillable coffee in the morning was lovely and we even got it to take-away for our early morning tour. Breakfast looked delicious and good value although we didn't have time to sample it. Sadly didn't get to see the Northern Lights but don't think the hostel could help with that!

Staff are super attentive and whole place was pleasure to be in, I would like to say thanks to the team and extend my strong advice to choose this hostel to travellers who is visiting this city!

My stay in the Downtown hostel was fantastic, probably the best hostel I have stayed in my life.

This is a fantastic hostel! It's within easy walking distance to everything and the staff are friendly and really helpful in booking tours and recommending things to do. The room I stayed in (10 bed dorm) was very large and spotlessly clean. I would recommend this hostel without hesitation.

Great hostel - super helpful staff, who are attentive and knowledgable. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

Well value for money for iceland is good as it is an expensive country , breakfast is good and filling , good tours information given.

1 2 Next » last »