Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

This was the nicest hostel I stayed/have stayed in over the years and I have stayed in many hostels in Europe and USA. Even though there were ten bunks in the room, the fact that the room was large made a big difference. The bathrooms were clean and laid out really nice, the shower was large, except the regular showerhead was not working for some reason only the handheld. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I might improve upon was the breakfast offerings... thanks!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Pretty average hostel. Not all that social, and the age of clients seems a tad higher than normal.

Really good quality hostel that I would stay at again!

• 22nd May 2014

Loved this hostel and again, one of the best hostels that I've stayed in. Staff were lovely and very helpful, and had a gorgeous view of mountains in the distance when i awoke the first morning in Reykjavik.

We enjoyed our stay and would have booked more nights here if they had more rooms available.

Nice hostel, clean and friendly staff.

Great hostel with excellent, friendly and helpful staff!

Really enjoyed my stay here. I found the staff to be friendly, pleasant and informative. Will be staying here again if I come back to Iceland.

• 14th Apr 2014

Staff were super friendly! Really nice relaxed atmosphere. Less than 5 minute walk to main shopping street. WiFi was great aswel! Highly recommend

The hostel was in a fab location, really easy to find and an extremely short walk to the main streets. The staff were wonderful, couldn't do enough to help and always free to offer advice on trips, places to eat and things to visit in the city. The rooms were beautiful too, and the place was immaculate. There was always music and people about on the night and events every night, but I can't really comment as most nights were spent away looking for the northern lights. I would defiantly go back.

• 6th Apr 2014

Clean, comfy, very helpful staff, not heaps of "atmosphere", but easy going and would definitely recommend.

1 2 Next » last »