Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

Clean comfy beds and very helpful staff , recommended so many local places to go to which was great. The kitchen is the best part, a great system to sign your own food and enough utensils to cook cheaper meals ( you will need that in iceland), at the same time a lot of free food that was great. Bathrooms were nice and clean too. Stayed in 10 bed female dorm. Luggage storage available.

Great place to stay, perfect location, great staff, nice relaxed atmosphere, rooms very clean, perfect base in Reykjavik!

Amazing place, would happily stay there again. Helpful, friendly staff who are very knowledgable. Very clean rooms, excellent breakfast and cafe facilities for drinks.

• 18th Feb 2015

I loved the place and really felt like the staff made you feel welcomed. They were organised and very well communicative with the guests and tour companies. Very well done and well recommended.

Very difficult to find a deal anywhere in Iceland, but this hostel delivered extreme value for money! We loved it! Best Hostel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in many! :)

• 17th Feb 2015

Would go there again anytime, as the hostel is pretty central, with friednly and helpful staff and our room was a perfect place to warm up after walking the cold streets!

This was a very clean and friendly place to stay. It was very a quiet atmosphere in the communal area, which could have been because of the time of year, which was great for when you just wanted to read and have a coffee in a peaceful and relaxed environment. If we wanted to talk and go to a place with a bit of a chirpier atmosphere it's only a short walk to the bars and other hostels. Very good bathroom facilities and warm bedrooms. Staff are more than happy to give advice on what to do.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A great hostel. You may say that Icelandic Hostels are expensive. That's true, but this place is nothing like a hostel you may find in major cities in Europe or America, it's extremely clean, tidy, has super helpful staff and a great atmosphere.

I stayed with my boyfriend in one of the private rooms and it was more like a hotel - lovely room and bathroom and we felt very secure. It was only a 5/10 minute walk into town too which was great - another fantastic thing was it was WARM and the perfect temperature without us controlling the heat. The staff were very very helpful and showed us how to arrange everything we wanted to do.

This is by far the nicest hostel I have ever been in BY FAR, although it is probably the most expensive also, but that's what you get in the Nordic countries I guess. Anyways, this hostel honestly felt like a hotel. It was amazing. It was safe and had lockers and the ensuite was so nice and everything was always clean and welcoming. I met some really nice girls in my room. I never had the breakfast but it looked good and is cheap (for iceland). This is the best hostel experience I have ever had

Amazing hostel, rooms were large, staff were soooo friendly and helpful! Great location close to downtown. Communal sitting areas were limited but separate kitchen to cook in. Breakfast available for a cost. Overall just awesome!

great place. They have a green vibe going on. lockers are in the rooms. The lockers aren't huge, but big know to hold valuables and bags, maybe a hiking bag if you squeezed it in. Good quality WiFi; decent speed and reliable. Helpful staff. Great place for the price.

• 9th Jan 2015

I had a really enjoyable stay, made even more so by the incredibly helpful staff. Room was large and clean, and the location is not far from the main shopping street. The only thing I would say is there wasn't much of an atmosphere and I never saw anyone in the bar area, so not the best choice if you're looking for a party hotel!

I had a fantastic experience at Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. The staff was so helpful and nice. They even watched all of our luggage free of charge for the day after we had to check out due to having a late flight time. I would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Kristina and one other lady behind reception were really helpful, helping us to arrange our trip - which was amazing!

room wifi is bit unstable but lobby wifi is strong. full kitchen, helpful staff, all tours pick up and drop off at hostel. 2 minutes to harbour, 10 minutes to main street.

We had a lovely few nights here. Staff were so friendly and helpful, rooms were simple, clean and warm. Refillable coffee in the morning was lovely and we even got it to take-away for our early morning tour. Breakfast looked delicious and good value although we didn't have time to sample it. Sadly didn't get to see the Northern Lights but don't think the hostel could help with that!

1 2 Next » last »