Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

This has the perfect location! Wifi worked perfectly, beds were comfy. Kitchen facilities nice. Only complaint was the the shower only got cleaned once the 5 days I was there but other than that the place was nice!

Excellent location, one of the quitter hostels, which was nice for a change. Everyone staying were considered of others. Some of the staff was not as responsive/ proactive/ engaged, perhaps more training or experience required. Good breakfast and tidy facilities.

Very friendly staff, and great spot in the center of town.

One of the best stays I've ever had in my life. The room, bed, & bathroom are clean and spacious. The staffs are very friendly and will help you with the tour booking too, they also recommended me some of local good restaurants (Fishmarket and Grillmarket are superb!). I don't like the kitchen area, it's so stuffy and it seems doesn't have air circulation (it smells weird whenever I entered the place). The location is very good in the downtown, near to food and shopping area. Very recommended!

Although it seems expensive, it's in line with the country. Plus you don't have to pay additional for laundry like I realised I would have to in another hostel in Reyk thay I booked. Great staff, really good kitchen facilities and probably the best shower I've had all year!!

Had a great time and the people were very nice - thank-you!

• 25th May 2015

Great hostel! Great location!

• 23rd May 2015

A wonderful hostel!! I really appreciated the fact that there is an entire kitchen for guests to use. Another perk, they make planning any day trips very easy.

Great hostel with a great location, helpful staff and nice rooms. the ladders to the top bunk were a bit tiny though :)

Awesome place! Super helpful staff, great room, comfy beds.

This hostel was awesome! No complaints. Will definitely stay here again when I go back to Reykjavik. The staff was super friendly and gave great recommendations for food/places to go. It is one block away from the beginning of the main street with all the shops and bars on it. Very clean and spacious, great breakfast.

A very clean, safe, and organized hostel. Only a short walk to Reykjavik harbor, and about 10 minutes to get to shops, Hallgrimskirkja, or the Concert Hall. Staff were very friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay there again.

This hostel was fine for what I needed. The atmosphere isn't really great because there is no area where you can just sit and chill. There is the front area but not ideal for meeting people I found. The staff were super helpful! Rooms really big. Decent location, a little further from the main part of town but the town is small so it was only like a 10min walk. I'd recommend staying no problem :)

Great hostel if you want to stay near the bustling downtown area but don't want to deal with noise at night. Our private ensuite room was good quality. We booked a double, and it was one of those two-twin-beds-pushed-together setups, which isn't ideal but seems to be the norm in many hostels. Nice bathroom. Great hot showers. Not a super social party hostel, but a great place to stay in general.

What a great stay! I was a bit pensive about staying in the 10-bed mixed dorm but it was fine! Other travellers were quiet and respectful. Our room was cleaned every day. The staff were so helpful, offering lots of great suggestions and booking all of my tours on my behalf. The kitchen was fantastic - I did all my cooking there and saved lots of money eating in. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone - they take excellent care of their guests!

The staff was amazing. Each person working there was so helpful and friendly. It was a great start to my vacation.

A really nice hostel in downtown Reykjavik. My girlfriend lived our stay and the staff was very helpful in calling busses and taxis when needed. Plus the airport shuttle picks up and drops off at the door, making it very convienent to get in and out of. Recommend to anyone.

Great hostel, very clean and top quality rooms. We enjoyed our trip very much and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. They will book any trip you want and offer great advice. I would highly recommend the Golden Circle trip... it really made our trip! Thank you for a wonderful holiday!!!

Excellent place to stay. Really nice location on a side street near the city centre. Gorgeous healthy breakfast. Twin room was amazing with en suite. Really clean, quiet hostel. I'd definitely stay here again.

We loved our stay at this hostel - it was more than we expected and some! The location is perfect and the comfortable facilities (the dorm with it's comfortable beds and subtle lighting) and the kitchen (which was well stocked and had a perfect system for storing and sharing surplus food) particularly were beyond our expectations. Thank you

• 25th Mar 2015