Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Reviews

Vesturgata 17, Reykjavik, Iceland

Amazing hostel, rooms were large, staff were soooo friendly and helpful! Great location close to downtown. Communal sitting areas were limited but separate kitchen to cook in. Breakfast available for a cost. Overall just awesome!

great place. They have a green vibe going on. lockers are in the rooms. The lockers aren't huge, but big know to hold valuables and bags, maybe a hiking bag if you squeezed it in. Good quality WiFi; decent speed and reliable. Helpful staff. Great place for the price.

• 9th Jan 2015

I had a really enjoyable stay, made even more so by the incredibly helpful staff. Room was large and clean, and the location is not far from the main shopping street. The only thing I would say is there wasn't much of an atmosphere and I never saw anyone in the bar area, so not the best choice if you're looking for a party hotel!

I had a fantastic experience at Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. The staff was so helpful and nice. They even watched all of our luggage free of charge for the day after we had to check out due to having a late flight time. I would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Kristina and one other lady behind reception were really helpful, helping us to arrange our trip - which was amazing!

room wifi is bit unstable but lobby wifi is strong. full kitchen, helpful staff, all tours pick up and drop off at hostel. 2 minutes to harbour, 10 minutes to main street.

We had a lovely few nights here. Staff were so friendly and helpful, rooms were simple, clean and warm. Refillable coffee in the morning was lovely and we even got it to take-away for our early morning tour. Breakfast looked delicious and good value although we didn't have time to sample it. Sadly didn't get to see the Northern Lights but don't think the hostel could help with that!

Staff are super attentive and whole place was pleasure to be in, I would like to say thanks to the team and extend my strong advice to choose this hostel to travellers who is visiting this city!

My stay in the Downtown hostel was fantastic, probably the best hostel I have stayed in my life.

This is a fantastic hostel! It's within easy walking distance to everything and the staff are friendly and really helpful in booking tours and recommending things to do. The room I stayed in (10 bed dorm) was very large and spotlessly clean. I would recommend this hostel without hesitation.

Great hostel - super helpful staff, who are attentive and knowledgable. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

Well value for money for iceland is good as it is an expensive country , breakfast is good and filling , good tours information given.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Clean rooms and a great staff. Helpful with mapping out your trip and making sure you have a great time. A 2 minute walk from downtown with access to all of the cities best restaurants and shops. Would recommend this hostel for anyone travelling alone. Very affordable.

I absolutely loved staying at Reykjavik Downtown Hostel. My partner and I rented a private double room, which, for the price, was a wonderful value. Clean, comfortable bedding, fantastic location, and nice decor for a hostel. I did a lot of research before booking, and was very, very glad with the choice. I can't speak to the dorms, but the common areas are also very nice. We found it quiet and very comfortable. Oh, and the staff were wonderful.

The staff here are excellent. They were always more than happy to help book tours and transfers and always go above and beyond. The hostel was a bit quiet as it seems they host a lot of school trips. The location was awesome and very close to the main square so you can walk everywhere.

Nice Hostel very close to city center, clean and cozy. Recomended.

Great location in city center near everything walking distance.

We really enjoyed out trip. This was our first stay in a Hostel, and it exceeded our expectations!

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This place received excellent reviews, and I can understand why. The staff are incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. I would recommend this hostel to a friend in a heartbeat.

• 23rd Sep 2014

A good stay in a private room in a central location. My only issue was the fact that the door from the rooms to the stairs in the block I was staying was impossible to shut quietly from the outside (fixed door handle) and so I was woken up by a series of loud door slams in the morning.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7