9.2
Superb 731 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 731 Total Reviews
Reykjavik Downtown Hostel Located at Vesturgata 17, , Reykjavik.
Iceland
Reykjavik 101 Vesturgata 17
92% 731
64.1497097 -21.9440531
    Rooms available

18th Sep 2016

We had such a great time at the Downtown Hostel. Great atmosphere, extremely clean, large room, and great location. Highly recommend!

• Ireland, Female, 41+
14th Sep 2016
8.0

Excellent atmosphere. Kitchen needs more utensils bowls etc . Also needs a microwave. The breakfast was very very basic not really good value. Staff were very helpful. Bathroom facilities very poor due to only one in a dorm. The shower is the the one bathroom so when someone is in the shower for a long time you have to use bathroom in lobby.. cleanliness is ok. Location is fantastic especially for lone women travellers as it is in easy walking distance to centre of the town so it felt very safe

Dear Sandra, Thank you for your comments. A new microwave is on the way, and we will make sure to check our stock for our guest-kitchen, as the summer is going away. All the best, Thomas - Reception Manager

• USA, Male, 31-40
11th Sep 2016

May stay was extremely short as I had to catch a late flight the same day I checked in. However, this was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Definitely recommend it to anyway passing through Iceland.

• Canada, Couple, 41+
10th Sep 2016

We enjoyed our stay, great location for us to see all the great sights within walking distance. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
10th Sep 2016

I had a very pleasant stay at Downtown Hostel. The staff were very friendly and the location was superb! Thank you!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
8th Sep 2016

Not as spotless as other hostels in Iceland but the location was fantastic and made for a good base in Reykjavik.

• alicenorton5059
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
4th Sep 2016

Clean and well equipped hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Decent kitchen for self-catering. Great location very close to the city centre. Common areas could be more conducive to meeting people. Highly recommend!

• USA, Female, 25-30
31st Aug 2016

My stay here was awesome! This was my first stay at any hostel. I got in at 2 am and the overnight staff was awesome and patient with me as I was half asleep! I was in a 4 bunk room and everyone who overlapped with my stay was very nice. I also felt safe here which was something I was nervous about. The facilities were also very clean! Which was another thing I was nervous about. It was close to downtown but on a quite street. I'd definitely stay again!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
30th Aug 2016

Very cool that they advertise themselves as environmentally friendly! Most of the staff is really helpful. Booking tours with them = easy. Beds are comfy and clean. The only negative thing: the showers need a good scrubbing. By only having bathrooms really available in the dorms, the wait time to shower or do anything isn't fun and its frustrating to get ready in the morning. Otherwise, this hostel is conveniently located, well priced, and clean!

29th Aug 2016

Great location on a quiet street, close to really good restaurants and the city center. Extremely study bunk beds and very clean rooms. Bathroom was quite large with a great, warm shower. Lobby area is perfect for getting work done or chatting, although there did not seem to be a real hostel-like feel; more just a meeting point for tours. Would definitely stay here again.