Reykjavik Hostel Village Reviews

Flokagata 5, Reykjavik, Iceland

Ideal location for those with a car or on foot. Easy to get wherever you want either way. Clean, safe, and friendly. Everything I was looking for.

The WiFi was limited: when I tried to use some apps (e.g. opera) they couldn't load the data and couldn't connect to server. The room was warm and clean, the location was not bad and parking space was enough (just on the road). But I hope I could have checked in with a staff at least so that I could get my answers immediately, perhaps the check-in time could be extended to 6:00 pm.

Good place to stay. It would be nice if there was an area where people could congregate, so that there was more of an opportunity to meet other people who are staying there from various countries. Close to the bus station, which is convenient.

Great Hostel, staff were very friendly and gave us honest opinions and ideas on what to do while in Iceland so that we were able to save money. The room was very clean and was a very good size and came with everything we needed including a kettle and a mini fridge. Will definitely recommend this place to anyone travelling to Iceland.

Thank you for your grate review. Warm regards, Silla

It was a great experience. But the breakfast should be included, the staff was great.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Romania

The water was very sulfury. the room was really hot and couldn't change the temperature. It was in a solid location and the breakfast was solid though. Wish we didn't have to pay for linen.

Thank you for your review. We take all our feedbacks seriously, that is why in out near future the bedding will also be included in dormitory rooms. Concerning the water this is typical in Iceland as we get the warm water directly from the earth. Thank you again. Warm regards, Silla

Really good location, staff were helpful, nice and warm (the shower was maybe a little too warm !) great breakfast would recommend this hostel

• 9th Feb 2014

It was noce for price Nd location, only bad thing is there are no cover sheets on the beds, it cost more if you want some

• 16th Jan 2014

Thank you for your review. We take all feedbacks seriously and in the near future the bedding will be included in dormitory rooms also. Thank you again. Warm regards, Silla

Excellent place to stay, clean, good value, amazing staff, a common room and kitchen would be good though

Thank you for your grate review. Hope to see you again in Iceland. Warm regards, Silla

Pretty decent place. I would definitely stay there again if I go back to iceland. Would also recommend to friends. However I thought being charged $10 euro to check-in(about 5hours in my situation) early, which isn't my fault since the flights arrive early, is bullshit since my room was ready when i got there. I know it was ready, cause when I paid, he gave me a key and told me where to go. A sleezy way to make some extra money. Other than that, no complaints at all.

One of the best hostels I have ever been. Breakfast is excellent. Stuff exttremly helpful, man from Poland was very friendly. Enjoyed my time in Iceland.

This is a great hostel if you manage to check in within their very short check-in window. Reception closes at 3:30pm. This was OK - just ring the doorbell + pick up your key - but blankets are not included!!! If you arrive late you'll have no blanket for the first night, there is no way of hiring one until reception opens 7:30am next morning. This is so annoying after a long day in winter. Blankets cost way too much - $8.30. Just leave one on each bed. But it was clean + brekkie was good.

Fantastic hostel! I stayed in a 6 bed dorm with its own kitchen facilities. Beds were, by far, the most comfortable I've ever had. Breakfast was plentiful and everything was great. The location is about a 5 minute walk from the main shopping street but it makes for a quiet night to sleep, especially during Iceland Airwaves. I'd definitely stay here again :)

Excellent value for money, room was clean, staff friendly and helpful, breakfast was good and it close to the city centre.

• 1st Nov 2013