Reykjavik Hostel Village Reviews

Flokagata 1, Reykjavik, Iceland

The is no common room or kitchen. The rooms are clean but very small. If you like to walk you are fine but it isn't right in the middle of the city. It is about a 15 or 20 minute walk for any activities especially nighttime activities, not bad but not right out the door. No cafe close by. It was good value for money.

I stayed in a four bed mixed dorm. The room was super small there were hardly any space for your luggage and no lockers or anything. Even though I think the hostels are not the ones you spent your whole time in, and because of that it's okay if the room isn't that excellent, but still this room was way too small for four people. Despite of the small room the staff were friendly, hostel was clean, there's everything you need in the kitchen, location is a bit far but you can walk up there.

No social spaces, no vibe! I know hostels can be much better than this, I am open to advice for when I am in Iceland in April???

• 2nd Jan 2016

WIFI was spotty but otherwise it was great. Thomas took excellent care of us! I would come back just to see him:)

• 29th Dec 2015

Everything was great and amenities were great! Place is very nice and clean as well

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Overall, this was a pretty nice hostel to stay at. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and they provided towels which was very nice. They had wifi in the rooms and good staff. However it is not good for someone with a lot of luggage. Reception was about 5 minutes from where we were staying, and if you get in after they close reception you can't leave things in the luggage room. Coupled with the small rooms, this will be an issue if you have hard to manage luggage.

• 21st Dec 2015

My experience was heightened when I first checked in and spoke to the man at the front desk named Thomas. He was very knowledgeable and knew how to lead me in the right direction to make the most of my stay. Every question I asked he knew the answer to! Went above and beyond my expections, he really cared and it really made my trip! So thanks again Thomas! The location is great and the parking was great! The shower was great! 5 stars couldn't ask for a better hostel

• 13th Dec 2015

This hostel is the cheapest choice in Reykjavik. If you`re looking for a warm place to sleep, it`s perfect. The lack of a common area though makes the atmosphere of the place quite bad, if not nonexistent. The kitchen and the location of the hostel may come in handy for low budget travelers. My room had no lockers but I didn`t feel the need of it. PS. Don`t forget to ask for the key to the kitchen, as your room may be located at a different building and the reception closes in the evening.

Very calm and quiet hostel, not too far from the city center. The staff is very nice, but they're at the reception only until 4 o'clock, so if you have questions for them after four, you have to wait until the next morning (though, they have a very good way to give the keys for those who may check in after 4, so don't worry if it's your case). I stayed there for an entire week, and I really enjoyed this place !

Nice staff. Clean room. Killer breakfast. I went last year, did it again this year, will stay here again.

• 18th Nov 2015

There was not easy access to the kitchen which was in a separate building. For the first two days the refrigerator in the kitchen was broken so I had to store some of my items in my room fridge which wasn't spacious enough for everyone to share. My experience would have been better if there was a usable kitchen in my hostel house and a proper lounge area. Overall, the price was right, everything was clean, the beds were awesome, and the staff went out of their way to help me which was excellent!

I already made the hostel aware ( and they have responded) that I didn't get a good nights sleep due to the people using the kitchen after hours - kitchen is not supposed to be used after 10pm) As the reception closes after 4pm and its located in another building its not that handy to contact staff

a hostel that runs a few different houses close to each other. Unfortunately, our house was beeing renovated, so we didn't have a kitchen. the 2nd night we could use a kitchen in a different house. The Wifi didn't work. Because the office closes at 4 o clock, we also couldnt ask about this. On the bright side, the organisation w/the keys after office hours was quite professional, we found and envelope with the keys and direction to the place. room w/fridge, a plus

It was nice that we got upgraded and they let us put our bags in the luggage storage when we weren't staying there another night but their check in system when the staff isn't there is confusing for a lot of people since they aren't notified about it (we had to help one customer when he arrived) and its on a busy street which was loud at all hours of the night.

• 13th Oct 2015

Staff were rarely at reception. Only one key available to a group of 4.

This was a great place to stay as a single female traveler. I got my own room which was so quiet. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again

• 16th Sep 2015

we lived far from the kitchen, but everything else is great !

• 20th Aug 2015