Reykjavik Hostel Village Reviews

Flokagata 5, Reykjavik, Iceland

The staff were WONDERFUL and answered every question we had. They were flexible and pleasant.

I will stay again :)

The staff was really, really awesome but unfortunately that's the only thing I liked about the hostel. It does not even come with a bed linen.. and for that price for a bed it should have been included. At least, the Wi-Fi worked well in the rooms.

• 27th Jun 2014

It was the cheapest Hostel available, not the worst I've been to, but not really a good one. You have to pay for a blanket. The Internet connection was disappearing all the time and the shower was not good. No kitchen available. If you expect good quality book something that costs 4€ more per night and has a kitchen, a blanket and good showers/toilets, if you just want something very cheap and you have a warm sleeping bag with you, then it's okay for a night.

Excellent place, one of the best of its kind I've stayed in while abroad. The staff was always nice and helpful, the room was clean, the facilities were good. It's close to Reykjavik's main street (7-8 minutes on foot). The only very minor complaint is that the wi-fi was sometimes wonky, seemed like a router problem.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Israel

To be charged for bedding with no prior notice is just ridiculous. The girl at the desk said that in our confirmation e-mail it was said that bedding was extra and that was not true. On the website Hostel World the only way to know that bedding was extra was to click on the room description for the drop down menu. We were just shocked at the cost of extra bedding.

• 11th Jun 2014

The room was not cleaned up after the last guest. Dirty dishes were left in the sink. In the morning no staff was there to tell about.

• 8th Jun 2014

Linens were unfortunately not free and it was hit or miss for towels. There also were no lockers in the room itself--I stayed in a 6 person dorm. However, the beds were comfortable, the front desk staff very friendly and helpful (they let me store my luggage in the luggage room and kept opening it for me), and the location is excellent. I absolutely loved Iceland and spent most of time there (a 2 day layover before heading back home to the States), exploring Reykjavik and the surrounding area.

Clean and helpful staff at 3am. Breakfast was a bit simple for price but all and all good hostel.

• 1st Jun 2014

Just loud front and main building doors. The dorms have slow closing, quiet doors, but the main building doors wake you up. Otherwise a great hostel with a lot of conveniences and knowledge. I would definitely stay there again in Reykjavik

Hi, I loved the location of the Hostel, however, the bed might have had bugs, I'm not entirely sure where they came from. Aside from that, everything was great. The sad part is that Iceland is so lonely, so I didn't get to meet many people here like in other Hostels :( but great place to stay! Just a 10 minute walk from the sea and stuff. Great photos!

While in Iceland for a congress, I stayed in a private room of the Hostel Village, it was clean and well organised. Check-in with delay was no problem (9 hrs), and staff was very friendly. Just some small repairs of the shower room were in order, and room curtains could be more light-blocking, since Iceland has long daytime, due to the north location of the Island, not everybody is used to sleep in this long daytime.

verry week staff

Ideal location for those with a car or on foot. Easy to get wherever you want either way. Clean, safe, and friendly. Everything I was looking for.

Wonderful place!

The WiFi was limited: when I tried to use some apps (e.g. opera) they couldn't load the data and couldn't connect to server. The room was warm and clean, the location was not bad and parking space was enough (just on the road). But I hope I could have checked in with a staff at least so that I could get my answers immediately, perhaps the check-in time could be extended to 6:00 pm.

Good place to stay. It would be nice if there was an area where people could congregate, so that there was more of an opportunity to meet other people who are staying there from various countries. Close to the bus station, which is convenient.