Reykjavik Hostel Village

8.1
Fabulous 240 Total Reviews

• India, Mixed Group, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

We were 3 people and stayed in a mixes dorm. Although we had booked a 5- bed dorm, Luckily we were given a 3- bed room for the same price. The staff are very friendly n helpful , the rooms very clean and so were the bathrooms, Both were cleaned daily. Even though the bathroom was shared between 3 rooms, it was very easy to manage. Our room was located just 2 blocks away from reception and we were well informed during check in. The best part of the stay was the kitchen with all cutleries.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
28th Jan 2017

Great staff. Great location. Great atmosphere. The only thing I really disliked was the smell from the tap water and the bad facilities but you could sleep in there and it's near to the city so...very recommendable!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017
7.7

Thomas is a VERY helpful staff! He even let me borrow an adapter for free! and answered all my emails promptly A little bit damp but it was okay. Kitchen was kept pretty tidy for what it's worth as a hostel. Overall great place and I would stay there again!

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

Can't fault this place at all! Staff were all so friendly and welcoming, PERFECT location to everything, and the cleanest hostel I have stayed in to date! Would definitely come back here on a future trip to Reykjavik!

• USA, Female, 25-30
15th Jan 2017

Over all great place to stay! Kind of a no frills place, but it gets the job done. And they were really accommodating with late check in, which was very helpful for us! Would definitely stay again.

5th Jan 2017

Great location, everything you need in a room, and wonderful staff-- really a great deal all around.

31st Dec 2016
6.3

Overall, the hostel was a decent price for being in Iceland. I was lucky to book this place on New Years Eve, seeing how everything else was already booked and extremely expensive hotels. However, it had some kinks. I was suppose to check in at 10am. Staff didn't arrive til 11am. My room was down the block, simple and cozy Ill admit. But their was no restroom in my building so I would have to run outside to the main building to use the restroom. No wifi in room even though staff said i had it.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
23rd Dec 2016
7.4

Great location and very friendly staff. Rooms are very basic, but I think for the value that is to be expected. We saw someone cleaning every single day we were there so I have no complaints about cleanliness. The bathrooms are in need of some serious renovations. Something as simple as a bath mat and hand towels/paper towels in the shared bathroom could go along way. My boyfriend and I both almost broke our necks getting out of the shower due to the slippery floors. Not bad for the value!

• England, Male, 25-30
18th Dec 2016

Handy location, decent space, and accomodationg staff. Good stay all round.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
17th Dec 2016
6.9

Positives: Clean room, bedding, great location, fridge and kettle in room, met some nice people! Negatives: Didn't tell us bedding was supplied and were told to bring sleeping bags, which weren't needed No lockers in the rooms Only one toilet per floor - would be issue if hostel was full No staff on site in evening- fire alarm went off, someone had to come out to turn it off Our kettle caught fire They offer a service where they post your post cards, they still haven't been received :(