Rhein-Hotel St.Martin Reviews

Frankenwerft 31-33, Cologne, Germany

Fantastic location next to the river and a great restaurant. Good choice for breakfast and friendly staff. I found this through Hostelworld but it's a hotel with reasonably priced rooms for it's location. 5 Min walk from the station.

Only stayed one night but the staff was helpful and friendly. Great location, and we had a lot of fun!

• 9th Aug 2014

Very good location, good breakfast, very clean.

Great hotel. My only slight gripe was the on-suite sink and shower but a shared toilet between three rooms (this turned out to be a complete non issue as I never noticed my neighbors). Everything was very clean, breakfast was excellent normal German- fair. Location really can't be beat, right on the Rhine, steps from the museums, Dom, and train station. Stayed for 3 nights, everything went swimmingly. You leave your key with the 24h reception so security is tip top, if a little cumbersome.

The room was great! Nice and clean. Easy to get everywhere once you are at the hotel. Very close to the Cathedral. Unfortunately, the down side is that it took me a long time to find where the hotel actually is. It is not as clear as their directions or google maps!

I love this hotel, I hope to stay there again.

great location, great breakfast and good prices makes this a good hotel in the modest class of accommodation. I'd stay here next time if I had to come to Cologne again.

• 27th May 2014

I arrived to the Rhein Hotel at 2am due to delayed trains, however there was still a friendly staff member at reception to help me with everything! The room I stayed in was a basic single but was quite comfortable an as described on the website. My sleep was not interrupted however one night I could hear faint noise from the restaurants nearby. Convenient location being close to the main railway station; worth it for the price/quality.

If you are looking for a place to crash after partying then this is the place. If you are needing sleep that could be harder. Located in a bar area so lots of street noise. No air conditioning and I was there in 90 degree (37 c) so either had to sleep in a quiet sauna with the window shut or a less warm room with a guy hurling on the street below at 2:30 am.

• 27th Jul 2013