Riad Amlal Reviews

Rue El Gza, Derb Ezzamuri Sidi Bouaamar N� 128, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco

Perfect place to stay in Marrakech. Riad is beautiful. Parking is nearby. Wifi works good. Staf is very friendly.

Very nice people - very nice atmosphere! We felt like at home all the time!

A little bit of a walk to the center but a beautiful place with really lovely staff - all very nice and friendly!

Friendly and welcoming management, but let down by it's poor location (25 minute walk from Jemaa El Fna). The Riad in the pictures was also quite over booked, meaning several guests had to stay in an inferior (smaller, darker, and less pleasant) Riad even further away from the heart of the medina.

• 21st Apr 2014

The stay at the Riad Amlal was great. It was only a little difficult to find it. All staff members are very friendly and always there to answer questions. The location is quite and you have everything in direct surroundings.

Such a wonderful stay in Riad Amlal: welcomed warmly to Marrakech, spent two nights in a mixed dorm which was shared by 4 friends. Felt really comfortable and were given a key to our room as no one else was staying with us, which was great, everything was clean and our reception was always welcoming but never overbearing, definitely would recommend. Be aware of guides attempting to lead to you to the riad for $, as it's easy enough to get to -print off a map and don't look lost!

• 30th Mar 2014

We had nothing but problems with this hostel... -they refused to understand that I had already paid the hostel deposit (12euros) and therefore made me pay the entire total including the deposit -the hostel location was very poor, down a dark alley and quite far from the square -when discussing airport transit, they changed the price on us several times -overall not an organized place, just looking to make as much money as possible, not friendly

• 27th Mar 2014

Not true! you only paid what is in the balance due. in the payment u wanted to take off the deposite off the balance due and pay rest which is not right. concerning the Airport transfer, the fact is; you booked transfer for 4 people with us, but on your arrival you were 8 people which is normal to be extra money about it. I was the one personaly welcome you warmly on your arrival. We serve u free mint tea, I provide u with city maps, city tips and show your rooms. I find ur comment out of sense!

This place is fantastic! The staff are extremely helpful and I would consider them all friends after the excellent time we had. The riad is beautiful, the decor is outstanding and the price is very reasonable with a choice of private room or dorm sleeping areas. I also took one of their tours into the atlas mountains and on to the desert. This was awesome! We saw so many incredible things, met some very cool people and all in all I rate this place, these guys and their trips - 10/10 thanks

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Wales

Beautiful Riad with nice and friendly staff, you can't expect too much in Morocco but this was ok.

An excellent option for budget travellers who search for the typical Moroccan Riad style.

• 14th Mar 2014

Stay here if you go to Marrakech! Absolutely amazing Riad! Best hostel experience of my life so far. The place is beautiful, the people staying there are wonderful, and the staff is amazing! Particularly Mustapha, who always works to ensure everyone has a great time, whether it is leading a private tour, recommending activities or getting some late night food. They will accommodate anything! If you can't stand smoking, loud music, and meeting great people don't go. Otherwise STAY HERE!

• 20th Feb 2014

It was a bit hard to find but then we were welcomed with a tea and ended up stayng 10 days there because we liked it so much. The staff is really nice and entertaining :) They are happy to help you to plan your trip or give you a ride. We also did a 3-day-trip to the desert (organized by the hostel) wich was amazing. the location is nice because its a bit off the touristic sights but still close enough. Clean (you even get a fresh towel everyday). Good place to meet people.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

I almost never write reviews on the various places I’ve rested my weary head over the years as they’ve become quite numerous and are generally rather unremarkable. However, after my stay in Riad Amlal, I felt compelled. The great location, beautiful common area and extremely neat and clean rooms would be enough to bring me back, but the staff is what makes this place truly remarkable! Thanks Mustafa and staff for an amazing time. -Travis

• 3rd Feb 2014