Riad Amlal Reviews

Rue El Gza, Derb Ezzamuri Sidi Bouaamar N� 128, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco

The stay at the Riad Amlal was great. It was only a little difficult to find it. All staff members are very friendly and always there to answer questions. The location is quite and you have everything in direct surroundings.

Such a wonderful stay in Riad Amlal: welcomed warmly to Marrakech, spent two nights in a mixed dorm which was shared by 4 friends. Felt really comfortable and were given a key to our room as no one else was staying with us, which was great, everything was clean and our reception was always welcoming but never overbearing, definitely would recommend. Be aware of guides attempting to lead to you to the riad for $, as it's easy enough to get to -print off a map and don't look lost!

• 30th Mar 2014

We had nothing but problems with this hostel... -they refused to understand that I had already paid the hostel deposit (12euros) and therefore made me pay the entire total including the deposit -the hostel location was very poor, down a dark alley and quite far from the square -when discussing airport transit, they changed the price on us several times -overall not an organized place, just looking to make as much money as possible, not friendly

• 27th Mar 2014

Not true! you only paid what is in the balance due. in the payment u wanted to take off the deposite off the balance due and pay rest which is not right. concerning the Airport transfer, the fact is; you booked transfer for 4 people with us, but on your arrival you were 8 people which is normal to be extra money about it. I was the one personaly welcome you warmly on your arrival. We serve u free mint tea, I provide u with city maps, city tips and show your rooms. I find ur comment out of sense!

This place is fantastic! The staff are extremely helpful and I would consider them all friends after the excellent time we had. The riad is beautiful, the decor is outstanding and the price is very reasonable with a choice of private room or dorm sleeping areas. I also took one of their tours into the atlas mountains and on to the desert. This was awesome! We saw so many incredible things, met some very cool people and all in all I rate this place, these guys and their trips - 10/10 thanks

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Wales

Beautiful Riad with nice and friendly staff, you can't expect too much in Morocco but this was ok.

An excellent option for budget travellers who search for the typical Moroccan Riad style.

• 14th Mar 2014

Stay here if you go to Marrakech! Absolutely amazing Riad! Best hostel experience of my life so far. The place is beautiful, the people staying there are wonderful, and the staff is amazing! Particularly Mustapha, who always works to ensure everyone has a great time, whether it is leading a private tour, recommending activities or getting some late night food. They will accommodate anything! If you can't stand smoking, loud music, and meeting great people don't go. Otherwise STAY HERE!

• 20th Feb 2014

It was a bit hard to find but then we were welcomed with a tea and ended up stayng 10 days there because we liked it so much. The staff is really nice and entertaining :) They are happy to help you to plan your trip or give you a ride. We also did a 3-day-trip to the desert (organized by the hostel) wich was amazing. the location is nice because its a bit off the touristic sights but still close enough. Clean (you even get a fresh towel everyday). Good place to meet people.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

I almost never write reviews on the various places I’ve rested my weary head over the years as they’ve become quite numerous and are generally rather unremarkable. However, after my stay in Riad Amlal, I felt compelled. The great location, beautiful common area and extremely neat and clean rooms would be enough to bring me back, but the staff is what makes this place truly remarkable! Thanks Mustafa and staff for an amazing time. -Travis

• 3rd Feb 2014

Nice hostel und good atmosphere. Unfortunately a lot of people were smoking in the common room, but the room was huge with a very high ceiling. There was a kitchen to be used. It was not so difficult to find but a 20 Minute walk from the square. The noise of the motorsquooters and the exhaust is very disturbing in Marrakech.

I have stayed at riad amlal for one night but it was one of the best nights in my life .lot of fun with those guys farid mustapha are the best hostes I ever meet I also did a 3 days trip with them to to desert and it was very nice experiance I highly recommand this place for everyone traveling to morocco thanks guys FRED

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

The staff at Riad Amlal are beyond wonderful. Mustapha, Farid and the others are very welcoming and willing to spend time with you, answering questions, helping to plan out the rest of your trip, grabbing dinner. My time at Riad Amlal has been some of my best in Morocco and I would completely recommend staying here. I'm traveling solo in Morocco and have never felt anything but completely comfortable and at ease staying here. The riad is beautiful. All in all a great place to stay.

• 19th Jan 2014

A very good place with an excellent and very attentive staff. A good location in the Madina. Beautifull and clean bedrooms with a private bathroom. Very easy place to find, just follow the instructions from hostelworld.com, Here you can meet diferent people from around the world!

• 16th Jan 2014

we stayed in room on ground fl. room is dark n ugly. VERY NOISY. staff smoking and listening to loud music all day, expecially at night. Speakers are attached to the door. they don't care if you are in the room, want to rest or relax, even when they know you have to get up early in the morning. towels have brownish stains. bed cover dirty with cigarettes burns. you have to ask for toilet paper all the time. ALL THE OLD REVIEWS ARE TRUE!!! WE DIDNT SEE THEM,OR WE WOULDN'T HAVE GONE!!!

We have no ugly rooms at the Riad, the rooms are all well done in facilities and are all decorated in moroccan style and worthy in money. the matter you just come to wrong place, it is normal to have all these kind of things you said in here, this is hostel a place where people can have fun, play music, talk and ... you would better pay more and stay in Lux place, wish you haven't come.

We enjoyed our stay in your beautiful Riad. Shukra!

I've stayed @ many hostels & never encountered one with so many issues. Booked a private double only to be told they overbooked. We were re-accommodated @ a hostel down the street. Was awful. Dark, creepy, smelly. We only stayed one night b/f checking in at a B&B for 1 night before returning to this hostel once the room became available. Standing water in shower, no luggage storage. Nothing as advertised. Other guests overbooked as well and slept on cots in hall. VERY LOUD, slept terribly

It is true the month Decembre was overbooked not only us but for all hostels and hotels around the city. on your arrival we give you alternative hostel just for one night and this is what law says, the other nights of your reservation you got as you booked it. we have everything advertised in the website: loockers, hot showers, luggage storage ... you can check our previous reviews we got 90% are good one about facilities. if you look for perfection you better pay more and stay in luxe place.

great new years eve partying with the staff at riad amlal. The place is very clean and well organised place to stay. Its at the top end of the medina and was very hard to find sometimes as there's no signs on the main rue el gza. Riad amlal is a beautiful old moroccan townhouse but was quite cold at night because there's no heating.

Located in Medina in old building. Interior is beautiful and done with good taste and attitude. All necessary facilities including self-catering. Atmosphere is relaxing since place is nice and quiet. Some things must be improved in bathrooms since there is not enough hot water for all customers at the mornings. Stuff is really friendly and helpful,but in times a little bit too relaxed and - (sorry for that!) with tendency not to give back a change. I called it Unvoluntary Donations. :)

Beautifully kept riad in the medina. The staff is extra friendly and very willing to help you out with whatever you need. The building itself is grand and is kept super clean. I have stayed here several times and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to others. The prices is great and even towels are included in the price. The security of the premises is above and beyond so you don't have to worry about your belongings. Stay here and you won't be disappointed

• 26th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

The staff spent most of the day occupying the sofas, smoking in the patio. Had to sleep in a room completely full of smoke. When we asked the staff to be more quiet and not to smoke right in front of our door one of the guys just barked back at us and had to be held back by another guy. The shower was clogged and the floor dirty. When we noticed that our towels had huge brownish stains although they were fresh we were explained that this was not dirt and had to insist to get other ones.

• 24th Dec 2013

Hey mira thanks for your feedback I know that is not you who wrot this comment but your boy friend does just to let you know that we wer so claire with you and nice to you but your bf use to sleep mybe in the luxe hotels he forgot that we have a riad not a hotel and the people meet there and you are the first couple who didnt make friends there also our service is clean as our towels too next time if you like to go to bed very early I mean at 6 pm please pay more and go to the hotels regards