Riad Atlas Marrakech Reviews

19 Derb Boufldail, Kennaria, 40000, Marrakech, Morocco

After being in hostels I decided to explore another placer with a bit of luxury and I found this marvelous place. Thanks for everything! I will be back! Nice people, nice service!!

These are a great bunch of guys, couldn't be friendlier. The breakfast is also great and the rooms are great value for money. I highly recommend that you get them to arrange a taxi for you because the will meet you st the sooks and walk you to the riad (most riads are hard to find). I also recommend you buy duty free alcohol because alcohol is also hard to find in marakesh.

• 2nd May 2015

Riad Atlas was a lovely place to stay, just out of the way from the busy square and close to all the beautiful garden and a great place to explore the city. helpful staff, could have done with more mint tea, but that's just because its so good!!

My friends and I came at the end of April and had the best time staying here, the location is brilliant and the staff so friendly. The breakfast was great, though as a heads up, if you tell them when you want it, it wont be out served and ready for when you get up to the roof, get up there early if you want it on time. We were given mint tea on arrival and on our last night one of the staff members came and spoke to us about our stay and Moroccan tradition.

• 27th Apr 2015

Location was a little worrying at first, down a few dark and twisty alley ways. Though the porter tried to rip us off, it was lucky he knew where the Riad was. Hostel staff were amazing and very helpful. The Riad itself was very clean and I felt safe once inside. Good breakfast too. After a day or so, navigation back to the Riad was easy from cafe de France. One of my favourite hostels in Morocco. Recommend to everyone except maybe single female travellers, the walk back at night can be dodgy.

The Riad Atlas is a very cosy and peaceful place. The stuff is tremendously helpful and gentle ! The Riad offers a gerat Location, with all neceassary facilities and beautiful clean rooms.More over it has a wonderful calm terasse to relax off the celebrations outside. Its perfectly siuated in the Medina and even it´s some minutes far away its still close to the turbulent Jma el Fna. I would love to recomend this wonderful house to all those who are looking for an enchanting place to stay.

Had a great time, beautiful hostel, ran by two very friendly helpful guys. We found the hostel pretty easily with the directions given on here (which is saying something for Marrakech). Our room was lovely and clean as was the toilet and shower. Breakfast every morning lots of coffee and gorgeous orange juice, otherwise quite bread heavy. We staid on a quiet week, but there was a very relaxed chilled atmos. lots of space to relax and a nice roof terrace. Lots of tea too.

I love my stay! The riad was lovely and the staff very helpful and friendly. My only comment is that it's hard to find and they could do with putting some arrows up pointing the way.

• 14th Apr 2015

It was a beautiful and picturesque room. Very comfortable and within walking distance of all major attractions. One warning-it is VERY hard to find and doesn't have a sign or anything. I honestly just got lucky that my driver from the airport happened to know exactly where it was and walked me there (it's not accessible my car). Once I got there though I had a comfortable and pleasant stay :)

My friends and I had a great stay in Marrakech at Riad Atlas! From the moment we arrived the staff were wonderful and welcoming - helping us get to the hostel from the main square and greeting us with tea and suggestions for things to do and see. Breakfast was great everyday and we were lucky to enjoy an incredibly delicious dinner made by one of the staff members on our last night. Only thing to improve would be the locks on the room doors - they don't lock! Otherwise, we loved our visit!

• 17th Feb 2015

The staff were so lovely and EXTREMELY helpful. I will REALLY recommend this Riad. We just had a great time and it was just lovely to come back to the Riad and have a big smile on our arrival after a long day walking.

5 minute walk from Djemaa el fna. The rooms are cozy and there is access to a big rooftop terrace with view over the Medina. The young staff is extreme!y friendly and make you feel welcome and at home at any time. They are happy to give you advice and offer you a tea when coming back from exhausting strolls in the souks.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Very impressed with the Riad Atlas service and facilities, but most importantly the staff. We liked the combination of contort and traditional design with reasonable price and high standard of services. In my culture there is a saying "people make the place" and in this case it describes our experience literally and metaphorically. Our host Ibrahim was excellent. His English was perfect and he met us, gave us useful info and sometimes advised, basically he looked after our needs when we needed.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Romania

We felt cheated! When it was too late to book anything else, Riad Atlas told us they were overbooked and put us somewhere else, another little Riad. No heating, no bar, no atmosphere. And all guests there had originally booked the Atlas! The Riad Atlas is cheating this Hostelword system – they attract all the guests; then distribute them as they like it among the less desirable houses. I have no idea what you could do against this “system” – except maybe banning them from the Hostelword site!

The staff were great, very helpful and spoke good english. Great location, although you may end up staying in a riad 5 min walk from the reception riad, but this is still a great location. Quiet and safe, nice breakfast and wifi that was ok.

Good location in the middle of medina. Very near to the souks. Would have not been so easy to find for first timer but we had no problem because the staff picked us up at the main square when we arrived. Overall we were very satisfied with this hostel. Just an advice for future traveller: the hostel also provide booking service for taxi and excursion. It is advisable for you to compare with the price in the street because you could probably get a lot cheaper

My friends and I stayed at the Riad for a few days and just loved it! Everyone was so nice and always willing to help and please us. We couldn't have chosen a better option. Very nice rooms with ensuite bathroom, a delightful patio where breakfast was served and also the option to enjoy a traditional Moroccan dinner, which we obviously did. Thank you Ibra and the staff for everything. We'll surely come back and will spread the word among our friends.

This hostel was awesome! The rooms and lounges were beautiful, breakfast was delicious(and included) and it was located very close to the main square. The managers were super friendly and helpful! We arrived very late and they welcomed us and made us tea (which they did every time we returned to the hostel). Although they were overbooked they walked us to their second location. They are really flexible and fun to talk to and will even help you learn some Arabic if you ask!

After booking we received an e-mail to inquire about airport transfer..... If it's your 1st time to Marrakech I would take this option up... Made everything hassle free! Arrived at the riad to be greated with lovely Berber tea and the staff who were friendly and helpful, helped us book the rest of our trip. They gave us a lot of good advice on ways to ensure we got the best price. The rooms had beautiful set up and were clean and designed in a funky morrocan style! Location is perfect and safe!

BE AWARE that under the name of Riad Atlas are working several riads. So even if it is full at the time of your reservation they'll accept it and send you to other riad, in my case, Riad Azukar, without previous notice. They weren't helpfull at all with my complains and even rude sometimes, even if later they apologised or enmended the scam (I paid for a better room and they offered me one of the worst, only after complainin for two days they change me to a better one). I don't recommend it.

View all Marrakech Bed and Breakfasts