Riad Atlas Marrakech Reviews

19 Derb Boufldail, Kennaria, 40000, Marrakech, Morocco

Very impressed with the Riad Atlas service and facilities, but most importantly the staff. We liked the combination of contort and traditional design with reasonable price and high standard of services. In my culture there is a saying "people make the place" and in this case it describes our experience literally and metaphorically. Our host Ibrahim was excellent. His English was perfect and he met us, gave us useful info and sometimes advised, basically he looked after our needs when we needed.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Romania

The staff were great, very helpful and spoke good english. Great location, although you may end up staying in a riad 5 min walk from the reception riad, but this is still a great location. Quiet and safe, nice breakfast and wifi that was ok.

Good location in the middle of medina. Very near to the souks. Would have not been so easy to find for first timer but we had no problem because the staff picked us up at the main square when we arrived. Overall we were very satisfied with this hostel. Just an advice for future traveller: the hostel also provide booking service for taxi and excursion. It is advisable for you to compare with the price in the street because you could probably get a lot cheaper

My friends and I stayed at the Riad for a few days and just loved it! Everyone was so nice and always willing to help and please us. We couldn't have chosen a better option. Very nice rooms with ensuite bathroom, a delightful patio where breakfast was served and also the option to enjoy a traditional Moroccan dinner, which we obviously did. Thank you Ibra and the staff for everything. We'll surely come back and will spread the word among our friends.

This hostel was awesome! The rooms and lounges were beautiful, breakfast was delicious(and included) and it was located very close to the main square. The managers were super friendly and helpful! We arrived very late and they welcomed us and made us tea (which they did every time we returned to the hostel). Although they were overbooked they walked us to their second location. They are really flexible and fun to talk to and will even help you learn some Arabic if you ask!

After booking we received an e-mail to inquire about airport transfer..... If it's your 1st time to Marrakech I would take this option up... Made everything hassle free! Arrived at the riad to be greated with lovely Berber tea and the staff who were friendly and helpful, helped us book the rest of our trip. They gave us a lot of good advice on ways to ensure we got the best price. The rooms had beautiful set up and were clean and designed in a funky morrocan style! Location is perfect and safe!

BE AWARE that under the name of Riad Atlas are working several riads. So even if it is full at the time of your reservation they'll accept it and send you to other riad, in my case, Riad Azukar, without previous notice. They weren't helpfull at all with my complains and even rude sometimes, even if later they apologised or enmended the scam (I paid for a better room and they offered me one of the worst, only after complainin for two days they change me to a better one). I don't recommend it.

A particular highlight of our trip was coming home to Riad Atlas each evening where the two hosts made us feel very welcome and treated us like part of the family. Breakfast was very good and the room good value. When one of our group was ill, she was very much looked after by being given access to the fridge to cool water and provided with bread when requested. Dinner was also very lovely - some of the best food we ate on our trip. Thank you very much for making our stay so memorable.

• 16th Oct 2014

We had a great time at the hostel and the staff was really nice and helped us a lot. The only thing was that we had no door for our private bathroom. Anyway, we can totally recommend this place!

Amazing hostel in the heart of the medina. So close to the main square but so quiet at night still. Very accommodating staff who are always happy to help! Very clean environment and generally made us feel very relaxed and welcome. Very highly recommended

• 28th Sep 2014

Pichu was a great host. He spoke English well and was very friendly and helpful. He made our stay very enjoyable. The rooftop terrace is magnificent and it's very close the the big square. My only complaint was as follows: Riad Atlas was actually overbooked and I was not notified until we were in Marrakech literally walking through Jemma al Fna. We were told we were being taken to another riad (Les Deux Portes). After getting substantial confirmation that I was not being mislead or cheate

Lovely little traditional riad close to the old town. Great value for money and gave us a real feel of morrocco

a nice and cozy place at the heart of the city. very friendly staff that organized an airport transfer for us (200 DH) and an driver to take us into the mgoun ranges (for mountain climbing). brealkfast at the rooftop terrace with marvellous views over marrakesh.

• 7th Sep 2014

A really lovely Riad with great hosts! So helpful. Definatly get the taxi collection as it would really to find otherwise.

Staff were excellent, could not be more attentive and helpful. They speak good English and were very helpful when I wanted to pay part in Euros and part in Dirhams. If I come back to Marrakesh I would stay at RIad Atlas. Putting your feet in the cold pool at the end of a day\s sightseeing is HEAVEN. Good directions on the Hostel WOrld website. Keep following the road around and look out for no. 19 and a sign above the door saying \RIad Atlas\

We spent a wonderful week, we were greeted by a fantastic way to be redone and Lotfy two wonderful people, who were able to put us immediately at ease, and helped us to understand many things of marrakech, insegnadoci also their culture ... REAL FRIENDS !! The hotel is really very nice typical Moroccan breakfast also with very good products and nutrients. The location is great, within walking distance from Jaama El Fna, really comfortable! I recommend it to everyone, really very beautiful!

The road is a little daunting to arrive at, especially when dark as it is very windy; however inside the riad was quiet. Staff helpful and friendly (but sold us trip to desert 2 nights 100 MAD more than other hostels @ 900 pp). Room was not what we ordered (basic double just off the communal area) and no air con and at night extremely noisy due to other guests / staff outside our room until 3am. Changed the next evening night to a twin (ordered), still no aircon and still noisy.

We loved staying here! The staff were super friendly and helpful. The Riad is gorgeous too. The only problem was one of the rooms we booked didn't have air conditioning or a fan so it got pretty warm. The other room did have AC and was fine. Just double check your room as AC after you book. I would stay here again!

We had a great time in hotel atlas. The location is perfect! It is near the big square and all the shops en souqs. The atmosphere is really nice. the staff was really friendly and helpfull, they offer a lot of excursions. We went to the desert for one night and we had a great time. The breakfast was very good, so we really had a good time for this amount of money!! We will definitely choose this hotel again!

View all Marrakech Bed and Breakfasts