Riad Baraka Reviews

12 derb Ben Yakoub Chefchaouen, 91000, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Such a great hostel! The vibe was awesome and Senna who works there was an absolute delight!

The Riad is fine, facilities were good and clean. Rooms were very hot. The big negative about this hostel is the owner or manager whom has been mentioned before. She is very rude to all the guests, she really does take away from the overall experience of the riad. I wish that I could recommend this place fully, but I will not because of her.

British owner (woman) was very rude and unfriendly German owner (man) was incredibly gracious and kind Facilities were beautiful and clean Breakfast was very good Would recommend to friends

• 10th Jul 2015

Great hostel, absolutely GORGEOUS TERRACE, you get a 360 view from the rooftops, and sunset is spectacular. You can also sleep up there. Right next to restaurants and shops, as well as the hiking trails are ten min away. The lady who owns it is mean though, very loud and unnerving. The people make up for it though, highly recommend.

Owner runs a tight ship so the place is very clean! Delicious breakfast, beautiful terrace and very comfy beds! Easy to find and inside the Medina. Would definitely stay again if I'm back in Chaouen!

Very nice hostel!!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Cyprus

The owner/manager was quite impolite to all guests. It really has an impact on the overall atmosphere of the place

Great location, very close to the medina's main gate (but can be confusing to find the first time). Extremely clean hostel, helpful staff, and lots of cats that stroll in and out the front door! There is a possibility for laundry, printing and showers, although you must take a shower before 11pm if you want hot water. Other than that, I was pleased with my stay at Riad Baraka!

Absolutely recommend. Tight quarters for dorm but nice to have a lock box next to bed. Excellent roof top terrace. Nice atmosphere. Very good breakfast. Only concern dorm is next to reception, next to eating area & at night people talk, gather until midnight or after. Also, though I allergic to cats. The owner has taken in street kittens which is nice of her but they keep coming into the dorm. Also you can not stay in the breakfast area or downstairs if the cats are there.

Excellent hostel. Cleanliness was exceptional by Moroccan standards and breakfast was lovely and a bargain at 25dh. Great location too, highly recommended.

Hostel run as a home. Great bedrooms & a dorm downstairs as you enter. Terrace very nice good view of the town. Great recommendations for eating out bansour, Italian pizza place & the magic lamp. Assad restaurant is okay only people I saw eating there for 3 days were hostel guests. Great hammam Mohammed recommended & good walks from town can do on your own. Dorm is loud at night as people gather in reception area to talk until late. Didn't like cats in the hostel

Great hostel and good location. I would stay here again.

The hostel was amazing, filled with really cool staff as well as a lot of other amazing travelers. The place is really clean and lovely and don't hesitate to get the breakfast in the morning, totally worth the money. My friend and I were completely stoked with our room and wouldn't hesitate to come back to Chefchaouen and stay with them again :)

Hands down the best place to stay. Staff are helpful, everything is cleaned throughly, bathrooms are good. And threes terrace is a great bonus, right in the medina.

Great place and great feel. The only complaint was that when I had my laundry done my whites were turned blue. No big deal. The atmosphere was great and the staff was super friendly. I would absolutely recommend staying here.

I fell inlove with this hostel!!! It's so so nice and I'd love to have something quite similar whenever I get a house!! Staff always smiling and responding our questions efficiently. I definitely recommend this great hostel!!

This Riad is truly stunning! Highly recommend for anyone staying in Chef and the terrace provides an exquisite view over the city. The only down side was that it is a little out of the main square so walking back at night can be tricky but it is very well signed around the medina.

Comfortable stay, nice hostel, good atmosphere. Staff a little frosty at times.

Everything at the hostel was immaculate. Room was great and the rooftop was even better. Wish I could have stayed longer!

The staff were awesome and very helpful, and it was easy to find. As with all Riad style hostels, the rooms open up onto a central courtyard/enclosure, but the other guests were always quiet and respectful. As others have mentioned, the lockers are small, so there's enough space leave a passport or camera, but not a laptop - but we always felt secure. Only complaint is that they charge for things (tea, breakfast, washing machine, bag storage) that are free at some other hostels in Morocco.

• 27th May 2015