Riad Baraka Reviews

12 derb Ben Yakoub Chefchaouen, 91000, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Hands down, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at and truly made my Marrakech experience. Very knowledgable and attentive staff! Shisha and tea service 24-hours a day. Seriously, I have nothing bad to say about this place!

Friendly staff, it's a pitty I can't say the same about hostel's owner. Breakfast is offered fot 25 mad and it's not worth it because you can have a typical morrocan breakfast in the main square for the same price.

So far the best hostel I've stayed in and I have a feeling it will remain the best. I will also miss Anne!

• 30th Sep 2014

Giving away 100% doesn't happen often when reviewing a Hostel We stayed in a private room - ensuite bathroom and it was just perfect. The Hostel and rooms are really nice decorated, it's very clean, owner & staff are all very nice, location is superb and easy to find, rooftop terrace has one of the best views over the Town and the optional breakfast for 25 mad only is also great. It's not the cheapest but without doubt one of the best in Chefchaouen!

Super hostel: super nice staff, super atmosphere, super clean, super rooms.

What to thank the staff at riad baraka for a brilliant time and stay there.ANN the owner could not do enough for my stay ,the place is a credit to her ,thanks Robert, p.s hope to see you soon.

• 22nd Sep 2014

very nice breakfast! very clean! very accessible! メインゲートからすぐ近くですごく良かったです!他の宿の朝食がほぼパンなのに対し、25dh別途かかりますが、フルーツメインのおしゃれな朝食ですごく良かったです! ただ、主のアンは結構気が強く、同じ日に泊まってた日本人にかなりあたりが強かったかと。あと、ここで両替してもらいましたが、確実外の銀行ですれば良かったという感じでした。 でもすごく綺麗で可愛くて、連泊なのにシーツも交換してくれたり、何よりもメディナ内では飲めないとおもってたものがテラスで飲めるのが最高でした。また泊まりたい。

Anne made us feel very well looked after. Great location within the medina with a fantastic roof terrace looking out towards the mountains.

Accidentally I booked three single private room for two nights. I wanted to stay dorm room so I asked to the owner that if it's possible could you arrange me for dorm room? But it was not totally acceptable for them. So first day I payed for three bed and second day I payed for two beds( hostel could arranged two person for me) . And I didn't feel like to negotiate with them because the owner talks like aggressive and high handed to me. I was really uncomfortable at this hostel.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Anne the host is amazing and she gives this motherly vibe that makes you feel as if you were at home! She and her staff (monsif and Mohammad) are so helpful and kind! I loved every minute there! They even have these organised tours that give you the best insight into Chefchaouen life- waterfalls, jungles and special farms! I couldn't recommend this place enough! Thanks Anne!!

A lovely safe haven in the midst of the bustling medina. The rooms were cool (temperature-wise), despite the searing heat outside, and the roof terrace was beautifully furnished with great views of the medina. Our main comments would be that the staff could have been warmer and made better recommendations about what to do and eat close by. And the showers could have had more hot water. Also, only 2 showers and 2 toilets for the whole hostel. Overall a good stay though!

Nice hostel, clean, with a really great rooftop terrace with an amazing view over the whole city! Anne, the owner, can be a bit gruff, but is helpful if you have questions or problems.

Beautiful Riad, friendly atmosphere, great location! Anne the owner was very helpful and gave us good tips. We had a wonderful time, I would highly recommend!

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Very well located hostel in the middle of Medina. Clean and very friendly and helpful stuff. The hostel is very pretty with its style of decorations.

Ann and the team at Riad Barake made my stay in Morocco so enjoyable- this hostel is clean, friendly and has an amazing rooftop terrace. Chefchaouen and Riad Barake was the highlight of Morocco! Fully recommend staying there

• 29th Aug 2014

Good things: -Very cosy -Very clean -Very beautiful -Very comfy beds -Very nice and welcoming staff. Bad things: -The boys dorm is on the terrace and the room is very small. It is too hot to stay during the day, so forget to have a nap and in the night because it is in the terrace it might be too noisy to have some rest because it is also to place for other guests to hang out. -Water in the shower is either cold or too hot.

Nice choice of breakfasts at 25dh each. Location in old medina is perfect. Clean and pleasantly decorated. Owner is a character! Very loud northern woman with some interesting ideas!

• 24th Aug 2014

The cleanest and nicest hostel I've EVER stayed in. Great location in the Medina, fab terrace to lounge on in the day and hang out at night..... With a beer fridge! Spotlessly clean and with the most fantastically helpful staff. Go and enjoy!

Nice staff, clean rooms, towels included, nice roof terrace, friendly atmosphere, good location for travels in the city

I loved my stay here. The rooftop terrace is lovely!

« first « Prev 1 2 3