Riad Baraka Reviews

12 derb Ben Yakoub Chefchaouen, 91000, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Great hostel in the medina. The breakfast is amazing and it's quite easy to meet others as a solo traveler.

the hostel is the best one I have stayed during my time in Morocco. The staff was super! and gave great recommendations as to where to eat. The whole place was well maintained, and super super clean. The bed was comfortable, again the best I had slept on in Morocco. Lovely terrace! It felt like home. I only stayed one night because my trip was near the end, I would highly recommend this place if you are thinking about a get-away trip to Chefchaouen. I wish I have an entire week there.

• 9th Apr 2015

This is a nice riad with a beautiful terrace, conveniently located next to the main gate. The atmosphere is not as relaxed as in other similar places.

The staff are lovely, beds super comfortable, bathrooms always clean. If you're travelling and want to meet people then this a fantastic place to stay. The rooftop terrace is beautiful and a great place to hang out. Couldn't recommend it enough!

• 28th Mar 2015

Nicest looking hostel I've ever stayed in - the view from the terrasse is absolutely amazing, It's a really chilled, relaxed atmosphere in this hostel, and the young guy who works here is really nice and was always looking to help. Great location in the centre of the medina. Only negatives are that you can't lock the doors and only a small locker (so no place to secure you bags) and that breakfast takes AGES - go down early and order if you're in a rush. But breakfast is amazing here!!!

A quaint and beautifully decorated hostel with clean rooms and facilities. The view from the rooftop is spectacular! Easy to meet people if travelling alone.

The staff was incredibly accommodating! This hostel is a wonderful place to stay, there is a beautiful view of Chefchaouen from the rooftop and the hostel itself has lovely bathrooms with great hot showers and such a great room with comfy beds!

Ann and the team were exceptional hosts! The hostel is well equipped and excellently located. Would definitely recommended to anyone who is passing through Chefchaouen! The upstairs terrace would be a great place to waste away an afternoon looking over the towns beautiful vista!

Great hostel in the Medina. Breakfast is not included, but very reasonable (250dh).

This hostel had an unbeatable location and rooftop terrace. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and the vibe was tranquil. The proprietor was from the UK so communication was never an issue.

Salaam alekoum ... Riad Baraka has a really nice staff. Monsen, Tobi and Mohamed are very friendly and welcoming. I always enjoy staying at this riad. You will be pleased with you stay! Beslama! Amagi

This is one of my favourite guest-houses anywhere in the world. I've returned 3 or 4 times. The location is perfect, within the city walls but down a side-street so it's quiet at all times. The best bit is the roof terrace. It has a true 'wow factor', overlooking the city and the mountains beyond. Breakfast is also very good. I've continued eating porridge on my return. The staff are caring but this Riad is treated like a family home so if you're noisy or messy, I'd recommend elsewhere.

I have never been so shocked and astounded by staff at a hostel. Although most staff were lovely there was one English lady who just made our experience horrible. She yelled at all the guest for petty reasons. My friend had her card swollen at a cash point and she ended up just yelling at us for no reason giving no help. If you want a nice experience in terms of staff pick somewhere else!

Great location, very close from the attractions of the Chefchaouen's Medina. A little bit expensive (and breakfast too considering the price of the food in Morocco), but at the end a good value for the money. Very good hot shower and wifi connection.

Staying in Riad Baraka was overall a positive experience--the facilities were very nice and I felt secure even in the 6 bed mixed dorm setting. The terrace was wonderful; the bathrooms were good and clean, but be ready to climb some stairs. The foreign owners/operators were not very accommodating or cheerful, but the Moroccan staff were lovely (especially the young man who accidentally ate my yogurt, and got me a new one)!

• 12th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in. The staff is very friendly and well organized, they keep the hostel extraordinarily clean. I would definitely come back.

A fantastically decorated and well run hostel. All the staff extremely helpful and friendly. Very clean throughout. Comfy beds. Good breakfast. Great roof terrace with views of the town and mountains. I definitely recommend the Riad Baraka and would stay again.

This place is incredible. The staff are super helpful, introduce to you them as you get shown around. Maps on the wall. The rooms are keen, warm showers. This is at the entrance to the medina and really saves the walk up the steep hill. The main square is further up the hill. Great room terrace too but no real views as such but perfect place to chill and meet new people. This really was an incredible hostel and would recommend to EVERYONE! Keep up the great work!

all good at riad baraka, beautiful town, lovely staff, great location and views, really comfortable, great hot showers and the cleanest hostel you will ever stay in

Very nice, perfect location, clean and pretty rooms and friendly staff. If you are going in winter time take a lot of warm clothes as is very cold in the room at this time.I can truly recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4