Riad Baraka

Fabulous 1174 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1174 Total Reviews

5th Aug 2017

Gorgeous view from roof, clean rooms, fantastic location. Owner was a bit cold but overall vibe was good.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
4th Aug 2017

This hostel is amazing! It's in a beautiful building, the rooms are gorgeous and super clean and the location is perfect. The roof terrace is a great place to chill and has amazing views. The best thing about it was the staff though, thank you guys for such a great experience! I stayed for 5 days and by the end I felt like I was part of the family. Also breakfast is yummy. I can't wait to come back soon 😁

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
2nd Aug 2017

The best hostel we stayed in in morocco so far. Nice and helpful staff. Breakfast for 25dh (sooo delicious). Perfect location right in Chefchaouens Medina. Everything was very clean. It was easy to find the hostel after arriving in Chefchaouen. We really recommend sitting on the rooftop terrace in the evening when it is getting colder outside.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2017
6.6

Beautiful view from rooftop and nice place to chill out and meet people, great breakfast for 25 dirhams and fantastic location, although there was an outbreak of bed bugs whilst I stayed here the staff washed and cleaned everything the next day and offered to wash clothes of those affected. The owner was quick to blame people and in front of other guests. I feel that it could have been handled in a more professional and sympathetic way.

28th Jul 2017
6.3

Felt like this place was overhyped a bit. Owner is rude and unwelcoming, there are only two toilets, which makes it difficult with 20 other guests. Everything's clean, but I didn't feel any good vibes while staying there. The other staff working there were all nice and helpful though. But the owner was stubborn and unhelpful to our needs, unlike all the other hostels we stayed at. A hostel shouldn't be just a place to sleep and that's what it felt like. Breakfast wasn't good also.

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2017
8.0

Small space but not an issue. Very nice roof top and people get together easily. There is curfew and the main door was closed in early morning as well and I didn't know I had to inform somebody to open it for me in advance. Good location

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Jul 2017

We loved this place! The people who work there are super friendly. One woman even walked us to a local hammam. The hostel was completely booked when we were there, so they upgraded up to a private room for no extra cost, which was awesome. There is a nice rooftop deck, and though we were pretty tired from hiking Akchour earlier in the day, it seemed like a nice social atmosphere. The only issue that I had was that the street outside got super loud around midnight, which was really odd.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
22nd Jul 2017

Awesome hostel with nice cool rooms and a social terrace, very helpful and welcoming staff, and good quality facilities. Each room has small lockbox for valuables but wouldn't fit a laptop. Midnight curfew was never really an issue as we just socialised on the terrace and we're generally pretty tired by then anyway. Tasty breakfast and staff found my passport and returned it when I left it a room accidentally. Definitely recommend them

21st Jul 2017
5.7

The woman that owns/run the hostel is very RUDE, miserable and not friendly. You work in the hospitality industry you should not seem annoyed when guests ask questions. I felt very uncomfortable and would not recommend this hostel. There is also a 12am curfew they lock the front door.

19th Jul 2017

I LOVED this place. Beautiful, excellent staff (the owner is a bit challenging at times but the people who where working there were great), Great (cheap) breakfast, knowledgeable, comfortable beds, secure. I cant say enough wonderful things about thee hostel. I would highly recommend it and would stay there again in a heart beat. Plus the town is incredible, too.