Riad Baraka Reviews

12 derb Ben Yakoub Chefchaouen, 91000, Chefchaouen, Morocco

The best hostel I have ever stayed at! Staff are awesome, breakfast is delicious, and the city is great! I had an awesome experience here. The rooftop has an awesome view.

• 12th Dec 2014

Very clean, amazing terrace, nice atmosphere. There were just 2 showers and 2 toilets but i never waited. Staff was nice and helpful. Recommended!

There was a miscommunication between the hostel and hostelworld.com. The younger boy and the man were very helpful in finding my friends and I other lodging for the night because our reservation had been cancelled completely (even though in hostelworld it said we had a reservation) and there were no open rooms. Although the hotel they found for us was miserably cold and was 300 MAD more expensive/night, it was a nice gesture. Also, the older woman was really cold and stand-offish toward guests!

the owner of the hostel is very rude , i asked her about the double room for me and my girlfriend and she didnt even listent to me i have france nationality and my girlfirend have holland nationality and she didnt allowed us to sleep in same room even its allowed in moroccan laws , dont go to this hostel , awfull atmospher , and please respect your guests

It's simply the best Riad in Chaouen. Do not hesitate it! Even people who were staying somewhere else used to spend their time off at our hostel, because the atmosphere is just perfect. Full of people coming from everywhere in the world, a whole variety of nationalities and ages. Perfect combination between the beauty of an ancient muslim building and the attention to the detail of the owner, a very nice british woman. The best: atmosphere, location, staff! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Really cool chilled place. Awesome staff. A nice change from some of the other Moroccon hostels.

Comfortable place with lots of people, everyone hung out in the common space, had lock boxes, friendly staff, only 2 showers and toilets but we never had a problem waiting even though it was full house. amazing roof top view, non morroccan breakfast but it was a welcome change for us. highy recommend

The staff was so nice and helpful, not like the owner(I cant understand why ppl said she was kind-she was rude to my another Korean friend who cant speak English well) The locker was very small so I couldnt put my very slim laptop, and there was no door key&lock ın dorm rooms. Breakfast was 25DHs and too small for a hungry tourıst. No free tea or coffee. You cant use kitchen. Shared toilet&showers are only 2 each for all dorms so must be a long queing during season. It has good location anyway.

great little spot with a personal touch and a great staff. Anne, monsief, tobias, and mohammed are all great people who have cultivated a great environment. anne is a firecracker who tells things how they are and can give you the lowdown on everything you need to know about chefchaouen. the facilities are very cozy and decorated perfectly, and the terrace on the roof is fantastic for sunsets and hanging out. also, best dorm bunk bed i've slept on in months.

Nice clean and warm hostel. Great rooftop terrace with a beautiful view. Nice and quiet as well. Had to pay to store our luggage after checkout which was quite unusual. Also the English lady yelling at staff in earshot of guests isn't particularly professional. Free breakfast would be a nice touch.

This place is really lovely and so is the town. There is a nice common area downstairs and the roof terrace is beautiful. Everywhere is very clean. Ann and all of the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended!

We had an amazing stay at Riad Baraka! I would highly recommend it

• 14th Nov 2014

Great hostel. The staff know their stuff about what to do and transport in and out of Chefchaouen and Morocco which is great, especially after being told incorrect information seems the norm in Morocco. Great vibe at hostel. Awesome roof top area and view. Great location in old town. Only problem was there was only a couple of showers but no massive problem there. Would stay here again.

Riad Baraka is the perfect, clean, friendly hostel that you're looking for in Morocco. The breakfast is delicious and well made. The rooms are pretty and clean. The owner Anne is fun and keeps track of all the small details that makes a hostel great. One of the employees Toby also made us feel very welcome and helped us sort out a bus ticket to Fez. All in all, a great experience and a location that I would recommend to anyone looking for a clean, affordable place to stay in Chefchaouen.

• 8th Nov 2014

Loved Riad Baraka! This place is amazing. Rooftop terrace is breathtaking! Highly recommend!

We had a wonderful time at Riad Baraka - it's beautifully kept, clean and the staff are all very friendly. The terrace is amazing and the breakfasts are delicious! Only disadvantage is that there are only 2 showers and 2 toilets available for the whole hostel, which can be a bit crowded when it's full.

The place is gorgeous and spotless clean, hot water is really hot, and location could not be better. Whether it is or isn't recommended for couples will depend on how long other guests are staying in the rooftop terrace: in our first night, it was unfortunately loud after way past midnight :( Facilities are ok, but it's a pity though that it doesn't have a kitchen or more toilets. Owner is nice, but since it's owned by a British family, you won't get much of Moroccan culture while staying here.

Easily the best hostel I've stayed in for a long while, friendly, perfectly located, great atmosphere everything you need, just stay here if you're in chefchaouen!

Excellent hostel.. Breakfast is extra, but is very nice! One day shower was cold and breakfast wasn't available, but I don't think these problems usually happen? The rooftop is the best I've seen so far in hostels. Just the experience at dawn or sunset, looking at Chefchaouen while the call to prayers sound around you, is amazing! Please add some more shadowy corners to the rooftop! Otherwise excellent job!

The staff is great and very hepfull. The place is SUPER clean(an oasis in a country with a different concept of clean). There's is a beautiful terrace were is very nice to hang out and meet people from everywhere. We had an excellent time in this hostel and definitively would love to come back.

• 18th Oct 2014