9.3
Superb 903 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 903 Total Reviews
Riad Baraka Located at 12 derb Ben Yakoub Chefchaouen, 91000, Chefchaouen.
Morocco
Chefchaouen 91000 12 derb Ben Yakoub Chefchaouen, 91000
93% 903
35.1687260 -5.2641382
    Rooms available

30th Nov 2016

Riad Baraka is awesome! The guys there are so helpful and fun. The hostel was clean and had nice facilities. It was warm!!!!! They had a heater, which is rare to find in Morocco. I would absolutely recommend anyone to stay here!

• England, Male, 25-30
26th Nov 2016

Over the last few years of travelling, this is first time I have felt obliged to leave a review. I think that speaks volumes, but I thought I'd go all out for my first one. + Great staff who create a Great atmosphere and make a Great breakfast. + Wifi is stupidly fast + Staff has wonderful hair & mad throwing skills + Scared of getting on wrong side of Ann = keeps you alert + Welcoming neighbours + Restaurant so close it delivers your food faster than you can walk back to the hostel.

• England, Female, 41+
22nd Nov 2016

I spent 4 nights here and loved it. Really clean, easy to find from the entrance of the Medina, and all the staff were welcoming and super happy to help with any queries.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Keep planting those trees!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th Nov 2016

If you are travelling to Chefchauen, this hostel is a must! Very close to the best restaurant in town, great breakfast and the guys volunteering are absolute beauties. Even Zac! ;) thanks boys!

Especially Zac I thought you said!! Was lovely to have you mate, please stay again!

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
18th Nov 2016

After a long three days in the desert this riad was what we needed. The Staff organised our taxis and buses to chefchouen and wisked us a way to a local hammam! There is also a super cute puppy and fast wifi. Great stay, would and will stay here again.

Haha, we do not have a dog.

13th Nov 2016

Baraka is a great spot to stay in while in Chaouen. Anne has a great crew working with her ... Zac, Joe and Shannon make us feel quite at home at the hostel helping us with all our needs. Then there is Mohamed and Shayana who make sure the hostel is always clean and tidy. And finally there is lovely Hanuna who prepares the awesome breakfast (25 dirhams). A lovely gathering happens every night on the roof terrace, great for solo travellers. Amagi

Amagi, you were a blessing.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
13th Nov 2016

My friend and I loved our stay here! Great location in the old medina, and atmosphere to meet people. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Definitely one of my favourite places I've stayed at during my travels.

Great to have you girls. Hope the luggage gets lighter.

11th Nov 2016

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. Get the fruit salad for breakfast, it was INCREDIBLE. Rooftop terrace is amazing, staff will go to the ends of the earth to help you out.

Happy to help!

10th Nov 2016
6.0

1) only 2 toilets in the whole place 2) the volunteers are great, very helpful and create a very good atmosphere. However, the owner of the riad, an English expat, is very rude and unfriendly. I would rather stay at a local riad.

• EmmaSkov
  • Denmark, Female, 18-24
10th Nov 2016

Really nice place to stay. Can only recommend it. Perfect location and nice facilities. Though, the lady who owns the place is rather unfriendly. Luckily, the three guys who works there makes the hostel the best place to stay in town; the atmosphere is top. Good place for solo-travellers (and anyone else) :-)

Thanks for staying with us! The owner explained that you wouldn't be able to stay another night because we were booked out and we can't have people staying on our couches. She felt that your insistence on staying without a room was rude and responded in kind. It all worked out in the end though. Good luck with your sailing! Happy dog sledding! Stay warm!